• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick question. Now that it's later in the development cycle, and that you've hopefully been getting some decent feedback during the beta phase, is there any tighter release date? Even maybe a non-binding guess? Last I've heard has just been Q4, here's to hoping it's closer to Oct than Dec :)

Thanks for all the updates. I can't wait for the game to come out, but I'd rather it be later and more complete rather than sooner with bugs and such.

From the details they've mentioned in the livestream and perhaps a few other places the plan is to give the player a collection of options to tailor the level to their desires. Settings could include adjusting the abundance or scarcity of resources, the level and number of enemies, the number of event rooms to find and explore, and probably much more. This will enable you to choose to play a challenge mode map if you want that sort of thing or just a safe map with a ton of resources to explore the game's tech tree or for creative building.

Will different colour beards or mildly randomly generated faces from just a few variations be possible? Or at least will there be different beards/faces for different ranks/classes? If not will it be moddable?

I just discovered this game today and have been doing a lot of reading on all the information about it. I have always enjoyed these types of base building and settlement management games, and this is one I'm certainly considering purchasing.

My question is in reference to this post that was made in May.

T
There is a settlement cap. It's about 40 dwarves currently. Might still change though.

Is the "about 40 dwarves" cap still accurate, or has it been changed for the release version? A review article I read claimed that getting more than 17 Dwarves was very costly.

Last edited:
Q: Will there also be underground bodies of water or possible lavaflows that need to be dealt with?
A: Nope. We experimented with water, but it did not really fit in to the game we want to make. It just took to much of the fun out of the game.

Is it possible to manually add a "water source" for creating a little underground lake or something similar for optical purpose?

Is it possible to manually add a "water source" for creating a little underground lake or something similar for optical purpose?

There is currently no water in the game I'm afraid.

Does it have a windowed mode? if not may it in the future? I personally prefer playing 'management games' in a window. Also helps for screenshots/sharing etc too

Does it have a windowed mode? if not may it in the future? I personally prefer playing 'management games' in a window. Also helps for screenshots/sharing etc too

Yep, we at Zeal are big fans of Windowed mode.

Do yall plan to continue to support the game post-development with patches?

More content? (free or pay dlc?)

Yes to all 3. Patches, Free DLC's and pay-DLC's. What the patches will include apart from your normal fixes we will try to gather from the community.

Yep, we at Zeal are big fans of Windowed mode.

Awesome!

Can you rename Dwarfs? I love renaming peoples/dwarfs/tanks. Gives them more meaning if my mother gets brutally murdered by an Orc.
Also I feel pretty bad spamming questions 24 hours before the game releases, but DWARFS! :D

Awesome!

Can you rename Dwarfs? I love renaming peoples/dwarfs/tanks. Gives them more meaning if my mother gets brutally murdered by an Orc.
Also I feel pretty bad spamming questions 24 hours before the game releases, but DWARFS! :D

Unfortunately not! You can name one Dwarf which will be your Avatar but right now you can not name any of the other dwarfs. But this is one of the things that can go into the Patch-Community-box :)

We gladly answer questions! :blush:

Unfortunately not! You can name one Dwarf which will be your Avatar but right now you can not name any of the other dwarfs. But this is one of the things that can go into the Patch-Community-box :)

Nice. I will definitely be on your backs about this one :D