• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will I be able to run the game on windows xp?

From what I read the word is that Windows XP is not officially supported as Windows XP does not officially support Directx 10. There are ways of getting Directx 10 installed to windows xp available on the web and anything you do however is at your own risk, nobody is responsible for any cock up that happens to your computer.

So there have been reports that if you do get dx10 working on your xp computer then you may (MAY) be able to run the game, depending on the rest of your hardware of course.

Best to go and check out the Steam game forums there are a couple topics over there in the aGoD forum that are talking about Windows XP, Directx10 and aGod.

Quick question before trying a custom map:

are mobs/rooms only where the question marks are...or can we expect "surprises" anywhere?

If so, i am planning to go without the question marks at some point... :)

Quick question before trying a custom map:

are mobs/rooms only where the question marks are...or can we expect "surprises" anywhere?

If so, i am planning to go without the question marks at some point... :)
Only rooms at the ???? and only there. . . . . . but don't forget to look above you too ;)

Only rooms at the ???? and only there. . . . . . but don't forget to look above you too ;)

Thanks Xerkis, yes i already saw some cool structure built on the surface on some photos...i guess it will be fun.

For now, the only things i placed there were the gravestones (more casualties than expected ehehe).

Couple of questions

1: Will there be plans for a Lan/online mode??
2: How do the research bench/tabel work (if i build 2 normal ones with 2 research dwarfs nothing happens but when i build for expl 1 normal one 1 better one and the 3 of the last one they all will work)

Two things i think i observed and would appreciate a clarification:

Is it right that...
1. ...random rooms you haven't discovered yet are generated new every time you load a game?
2. ...dig orders you made are deleted when you load a game?

...or am i just forgetful? ;)

Is it right that...
1. ...random rooms you haven't discovered yet are generated new every time you load a game?
2. ...dig orders you made are deleted when you load a game?

I don't know about the first but think I can confirm the second one, because I loaded several times to fix some bugs and my previous dig orders did indeed disappear.

On another note, a small thing I noticed is that when you dig out tiles that are 'decorated' with walls or floors you don't seem to get the resources you would have gotten for selling them first. Is it supposed to be like that or am I just blind? May not be much of an issue with stone or wooden walls/floors, but dreadstone for instance doesn't exactly come as cheap. Though I'm now used to selling all my walls and floors before digging them out.

The stone walls that you find in mob rooms also tend to give quite a sum of resources if you sell them first before expanding it.

Question to Zeal:
Did you consider any other names for the game other than "a Game of Dwarves" and if so what were some of the names you were tossing around while trying to decide?

Hello! First of all, I want to say I'm enjoying the game a lot.

My question is that I'm doing a Let's Play, and typically monetize my videos, however Youtube wants confirmation that I have the rights to monetize this footage. I know I sure don't make much money from my videos, and I'd like to think that this sort of thing helps to get you more customers as well.

Thank you!

The Videos

I don't know about the first but think I can confirm the second one, because I loaded several times to fix some bugs and my previous dig orders did indeed disappear.
In fact, reloading is the only way to summarily clear all dig orders - which sometimes is very useful.
If dig orders were saved you'd either have to be very careful about not giving orders to dig far into the unknown... or individually hunt down every scrap of dig orders you don't want/need any more.

Hello! First of all, I want to say I'm enjoying the game a lot.

My question is that I'm doing a Let's Play, and typically monetize my videos, however Youtube wants confirmation that I have the rights to monetize this footage. I know I sure don't make much money from my videos, and I'd like to think that this sort of thing helps to get you more customers as well.

Thank you!

The Videos

Oh these are nice! :) I'm going to have to watch them all later, but thank you for making these.