• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will there be Hagravens in forsworn areas?

Hagraven is now a trait, basically a female equivalent of Briarheart. Forsworn areas are very sparse in the interregnum bookmark, but there are a couple of Hagravens lurking around.

Now some serious questions:

Why does the Nordic Empire requires the AI to create it(So, why cant I create it as a human)

How does Tiber Septim appear(event?)

How to get an amulet of kings?

Nordic Empire one is a bug that I believe has been fixed for 0.1.4.
Tiber Septim is unavailable at the moment, when we move on to later bookmarks he'll be added.
Amulet of Kings in pre0.1.4 versions is bugged and the event may never pop, but you'd normally stick your steward on Sancre Tor with the Survey job action.

It's been a while so I don't remember but do Reachmen get petty Kings? I think that would be more appropriate for them, Chieftain doesn't really fit, in my opinion at least.

Any new CoAs being added in the patch (or should I say being replaced)?

It's been a while so I don't remember but do Reachmen get petty Kings? I think that would be more appropriate for them, Chieftain doesn't really fit, in my opinion at least.

Yes, Cyrodiil, Hammerfell, High Rock, Valenwood, Elsweyr and Argonia have no placeholder "?" flags anymore (although many flags are just simple patterns I made using my template, they're sufficient for now until a real artist volunteers :laugh:).

Hello,

How to declare war? Whatever i try, i cant unless using my diplomats to get casus belli which take years even decades. I used the ruler designer to play a Maormer (to replace the orphidian one) and then i was able to get conquest casus belli. But i did not change his religion/culture. So how is that possible since the orphidian count from the mod cant declare conquest war himelf on other maormer?

How to have casus belli other than using diplomats? No conquest wars?
I read about the warlord trait but i dont always have it as an ambition, what are its requirements?

It'd probably be a lot of work for (relatively) little gain, but would it ever be possible to implement a mechanic to simulate Orgnum's constant attempts to claim the Summerset Isles? With the Maomer forming a massive army, and the forces of Alinor all setting aside their feuding to fight him off. One problem with it might be Alinor's tendency to devolve into brutal civil war, at least in the last version I played. Which would make it a bit too easy for Orgnum.

Heck, this might even not be the right thread to ask. Maybe we ought to have a suggestions thread? :p

Hello,

How to declare war? Whatever i try, i cant unless using my diplomats to get casus belli which take years even decades. I used the ruler designer to play a Maormer (to replace the orphidian one) and then i was able to get conquest casus belli. But i did not change his religion/culture. So how is that possible since the orphidian count from the mod cant declare conquest war himelf on other maormer?

How to have casus belli other than using diplomats? No conquest wars?
I read about the warlord trait but i dont always have it as an ambition, what are its requirements?

I think I may know why. Is your Orphidian count in any way disabled? Can you list me all of his traits, good and bad? Because certain traits prevent you from declaring any wars. Also if he is under the age of 16 he also cannot declare any wars.

Conquest wars can be used by any character against anyone of his religion or culture group as long as he shares a border with them.

To get the Warlord Ambition your character must not be content, slothful, craven, humble, disabled in any way, etc. Lazy and disabling traits disable the Warlord Ambition. Not only that, if you have the Warlord Trait, and let's say you get the Content Trait, then you will loose the Warlord Trait afterwards.

Here are the traits for the character that works (the maormer orphidian), those are taken from a game with 30years already, but the character could declare war from the 1st year :
traits=
{
72 9 138 142 146 145 37 236 239 251 234 265 434 112 174 194 198 200 193 185 }

About the loss of the warlord trait does that also mean i you loose it that other npc dont have that casus belli anymore against you?

edit 2 : and unlike the Count Cabrelas of Mantu on pyandonea island (maormer orphidian) who cant declare any conquest war from the vanilla mod, the character i made to replace him (traits above) who is also a maormer orphidian can declare conquest war against his neighboors.

Last edited:
Here are the traits for the character that works (the maormer orphidian), those are taken from a game with 30years already, but the character could declare war from the 1st year :
traits=
{
72 9 138 142 146 145 37 236 239 251 234 265 434 112 174 194 198 200 193 185 }

About the loss of the warlord trait does that also mean i you loose it that other npc dont have that casus belli anymore against you?

edit 2 : and unlike the Count Cabrelas of Mantu on pyandonea island (maormer orphidian) who cant declare any conquest war from the vanilla mod, the character i made to replace him (traits above) who is also a maormer orphidian can declare conquest war against his neighboors.

So he couldn't declare war from the 1st Year? And your Ruler Designer maormer orphidian can declare war?

I will look over those traits when I get home in 8 hours, at work now so I do not have access to the files to check what traits have those numbers.

If you loose Warlord Trait the other NPCs loose their Against Warlord CB against you as well. If some of them are Warlords they can use the Warlord CB against you still, just not the CB that is available against characters who have the Warlord Trait.

So he couldn't declare war from the 1st Year? And your Ruler Designer maormer orphidian can declare war?

Yes exactly.

edit : and his neighboors can declare conquest war on him, same culture but different pyandoneaic religion group

edit2 : trying to reproduce that it seems new maormer orphidian i make replacing him cant declare war too, so it must be linked to some traits i guess (the test counts i made were without traits at all)

here is the full code for the maormer i made that works, the code is from the start of the game :

Code:
1123005087=
		{
			birth_name="Faeryl"
			female=yes
			birth_date="3354.1.1"
			immortal=16
			attributes=
			{
10 18 12 10 14 			}
			traits=
			{
72 9 138 142 146 145 37 236 239 261 251 112 174 185 194 198 200 			}
			religion="orphidian"
			culture="maormer"
			dynasty=302469
			dna="abmjjvaeaba"
			properties="oc0hep0000e"
			fertility=0.500
			health=5.000
			prestige=20.000
			piety=10.000
			player=yes
			demesne=
			{
				job_chancellor=no
				job_marshal=no
				job_treasurer=no
				job_spymaster=no
				job_spiritual=no
				job_mage=no
				capital="b_mantu"
				primary="c_mantu"
				liege_troops=
				{
				}
				my_liegelevy_contribution=0
				military_techpoints=0.000
				economy_techpoints=0.000
				culture_techpoints=0.000
			}
			wealth=41.08264
			employer=1123005087
			host=1123005087
			ledger=
			{
			}
			ambition_date="3370.1.1"
		}

I also edited the save to remove Count Cabrelas of Mantu showing in the history of that county, maybe it is linked?

the dynasty info for the Faeryl character that works :

Code:
302469=
		{
			name="Xanadu"
			culture="maormer"
			coat_of_arms=
			{
				data=
				{
0 1 0 162 1 4 6 				}
				religion="orphidian"
			}
			set_coat_of_arms=yes
			decadence=0.00000
		}

Last edited:
Over the time I've seen pretty images of Khajits, Argonians, Akaviri etc. posted as samples - and some of the pretty pics of cultural clothes. I take it that most of them won't make into 1.4 - but will this be case for all of them?

Over the time I've seen pretty images of Khajits, Argonians, Akaviri etc. posted as samples - and some of the pretty pics of cultural clothes. I take it that most of them won't make into 1.4 - but will this be case for all of them?

0.1.4 will include the new portraits for the Argonians and the Potun and potentially also new clothings depending on ImmortalWombat's free time. The new-new Khajiit (of which the child portrait I've previously shown is) I don't think will be in 0.1.4, but I'll check with zendark who's working on them. In the mean time, here's some more samples of his Khajiit WIPs (female adults);

Khajit_female_trial_01_03_zpsb99a1c35.jpg

Khajit_female_trial_01_04_zps5b08228b.jpg

Khajit_female_trial_02_01_zpscfc097b1.jpg

Sexy!... wait, no, these are cats! Pretty, then :) Really hoping for clothes to make it, though, as conquering Tamriel with those armors is expotentially more cool!

Oh, and question: since appearantly There Is No Joan D'Arc, and There Is No Cluny Abbey, can we presume that There Is No Devil's Child either? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What parts of sons of Abraham will this mod use (if any) will we have things like money lenders pilgrimages and the tolerance trait?

In the main thread there are acouple screenshots of SoA event chains have been relocalised for the mod already.

The Reachmen titular titles could be made tribal, then the create-the-reach decision wouldn't be needed. Probably wouldn't make much of a difference, but if there are features they might as well be used.

Also the Hargarven news is awesome!