• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, so once and for all, what do I need to declare myself a warlord? I thought I just had to conquer provinces but the king of Anvil seemed to have it a few months after the game started

To better represent the "Warlordism" alluded to in Cyrodiil and beyond I added several pre-existing warlords dotted around. You can get the trait via the Warlord Ambition, but you also have to fulfill certain requirements (having an ambitious character is generally the best root, but if they're craven they won't have the option).

I'm trying to say that I did do that!

My apologies Kokuto; the interface fix overwrites the previous files (so it installs the "large resolution" files when you drop it in). Right now the best thing to do is wait for Moddb to authorise the fixed installer, unless you're feeling brave in which case you could go in to your interface folder and delete "domestic_technology.gui".

What is this palace of Ysgramor? is it the same as the palace of kings? if so why can't it be built in Windhelm instead of the priory called ysgramsholl (in windhelm)

Is it possible to somehow change the influence of de jure on levies of your vassals? (e.g. by editing some value in defines?) e.g. so the amount of levies you get won't decrease so fastly.

If this would prove possible, my next question is: is tuning down this factor even being considered? While I am entirely happy with this design, I have some issues with how it turned out. Since system favours defender, AI realms rather won't attack you [unless we're talking about Orgum / rest of Pyandonea level of forces' disparities], and in the end of the day it only makes game slower [waiting for money for mercs / „oh, crap, soooo loooong until forces from Heartland will arrive”], not harder.

Though it's not really big issue – just have feeling that previous installments of EK were more dynamic :)

What is this palace of Ysgramor? is it the same as the palace of kings? if so why can't it be built in Windhelm instead of the priory called ysgramsholl (in windhelm)

If I remember correctly it's one of the current Holy Sites for the Eight/Nine.

If I remember correctly it's one of the current Holy Sites for the Eight/Nine.
Yeah in game Ysgramsholl is a holy site, but why does it have the palace of ysgramor as a building?

Yeah in game Ysgramsholl is a holy site, but why does it have the palace of ysgramor as a building?

The palace = the entire holding basically. I wanted to stick a tower up there like Imperial Isle or Balfiera but there wasn't really one that was appropriate so, the Palace since it was one of the oldest buildings built by men.

Okay, but wouldn't it be more appropriate for it to be a barony instead of a priory then? like it is with all the other cities,you have the blue palace as the barony in Solitude, and the city of solitude as a city, why can't it be the same for windhelm? sorry if im confusing you:) (but then again I guess the county of windhelm needs a priory)

Okay, but wouldn't it be more appropriate for it to be a barony instead of a priory then? like it is with all the other cities,you have the blue palace as the barony in Solitude, and the city of solitude as a city, why can't it be the same for windhelm? sorry if im confusing you:) (but then again I guess the county of windhelm needs a priory)

Windhelm is the Barony.

Windhelm is the Barony.
Yeah thats the thing, other places with a palace have the palace as the barony, and the city as a city. But I understand why you did it (though it does seem a bit weird for a priest to reign in the palace of kings:happy:) thanks for this great mod! (sorry for confusing you, im not good at expressing myself in English as you might have noticed by now:blush:)

Last edited:
Yeah, the Palace of Ysgramor would make more sense if it were located in the Windhelm barony rather than the Ysgramsholl temple holding. (Or make the barony the Palace of Kings and the city Windhelm?) Just odd seeing the palace in the holding of a priest, as kvk said.

You can find it in k_unique_buildings.txt, in common/buildings, but:

- The Imperial Prison (b_legion, the Imperial City): +.15 garrison, +1 fort level.
- The Arcane University (b_arcaneuniversity, the Imperial City): +50 mages.
- The Temple of the One (b_templedistrict, the Imperial City): +1 tax income.
- The College of Winterhold (b_winterhold, Winterhold): +25 mages.
- Dwemer Fortifications (b_markarth, Markarth): +3 fort level.
- The Skyforge (b_whiterun, Whiterun): +.1 military tech points, +.05 heavy and light infantry attack.
- Ysgramor's Palace (b_ysgramsholl, Windhelm): +.1 morale, +.05 garrison, +.5 fort level, +10 HI.
- The Palace of the Mane (b_torval, Torval): +1 tax income, +1 fort level, +.05 garrison, +15 HI.

You can find it in k_unique_buildings.txt, in common/buildings, but:

- The Imperial Prison (b_legion, the Imperial City): +.15 garrison, +1 fort level.
- The Arcane University (b_arcaneuniversity, the Imperial City): +50 mages.
- The Temple of the One (b_templedistrict, the Imperial City): +1 tax income.
- The College of Winterhold (b_winterhold, Winterhold): +25 mages.
- Dwemer Fortifications (b_markarth, Markarth): +3 fort level.
- The Skyforge (b_whiterun, Whiterun): +.1 military tech points, +.05 heavy and light infantry attack.
- Ysgramor's Palace (b_ysgramsholl, Windhelm): +.1 morale, +.05 garrison, +.5 fort level, +10 HI.
- The Palace of the Mane (b_torval, Torval): +1 tax income, +1 fort level, +.05 garrison, +15 HI.

I'm also open to suggestions for more of course.

How about things like major mines? Like Ebony on Solstheim.

EDIT: Also, why do some titles, Like d_balfiera, and d_solstheim not show up in the game files?
At the time of the game there was no Ebony mine on Solsthiem if I recall correctly. It would be nice to possible see an event chain for some of the major mines like that to show up though.

At the time of the game there was no Ebony mine on Solsthiem if I recall correctly. It would be nice to possible see an event chain for some of the major mines like that to show up though.

wouldn't it be easier to just have them as an unbuilt building that requires certain technology as opposed to an event chain

Edit- on the subject of unique buildings I think it would be nice if every tower type holding had its own unique tree or at least some more unique buildings

Last edited:
I don't know whats wrong here but all of the counties are completely black. I can still play everything but I can't see any borders. Help?

Well, Falinesti isn't exactly a tower, so it probably doesn't deserve a special form of castle holding like Crystal, Direnni, and White-Gold do, but it's still the largest graht-oak in Valenwood and could have a special building. Maybe:

- Green-Sap (b_falinesti, Falinesti): +2 fort level, +.05 garrison, +25 archers?

My apologies Kokuto; the interface fix overwrites the previous files (so it installs the "large resolution" files when you drop it in). Right now the best thing to do is wait for Moddb to authorise the fixed installer, unless you're feeling brave in which case you could go in to your interface folder and delete "domestic_technology.gui".

I have tested it with the fixed installer, it appears that despite not checking the high-res view, the domestic_technology.gui is still installed. I found it in the folder and removed it as suggested and got back the scrollbars.