• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a small question, I am about to sell Alba to Byzantium for 1 eco each year (4 turns) is it possible? Since technically it will be made as a gift every 4 turns and gifts aren't permitted.

Green_alien said:
Just a small question, I am about to sell Alba to Byzantium for 1 eco each year (4 turns) is it possible? Since technically it will be made as a gift every 4 turns and gifts aren't permitted.
* Firstly, all sales of land must be made through events, so it's up to NK how to handle the annuity.
* Secondly, you RP'd to sell the city of Alba, which does not comprise the entire province (my apologies for the poor naming). So I really doubt the sale would have any mechanical effect (ie transfer of province).
* Thirdly, you technically don't even own the province, so that's another count against you for the sale.

cccino said:
You do not need to equal the garrison size to siege, you need to equal the province value. If the garrison is doubled, it just means it will take years to capture, eg, Constantinople (which is 6, not 5). Didn't it take decades IRL? Hell, IIRC it took years just to take Thessalonika.

Then I have misunderstood the rules, sorry.

Since we're talking about war and regen, can a country during the spring call-up gather more than its starting lm? The ability of small countries to sack provinces does worry me a bit as well. If this were the case, it would be less so as it gives a non-eco related ability to gather sufficient forces.

Also, since we're speaking of such things, I think we should have a per turn spending cap. I mentioned this to 3c but its come to the point now where rules might be somewhat uncomfortable coming down from the top. Simply put its that only so much change in your forces (morale/tech) and only so many extra men and mercenaries can be gathered in a certain amount of time. I also find it highly unlikely that a large country could actually spend all the resources at its disposal (or gather them for that matter) in said amount of time. I was thinking along the lines of a 3 eco per turn cap.

Battle Resolution and Orders

Ladislav will probably smack me for this, but considering he isn't about, didn't make an announcement and I don't assume he willl be over the weekend - i'll be doing the battle results this turn. Monday as I understand it will begin the new turn, so i'll try to run the results sometime Sunday. However I realize that i'm 6 to 12 hours ahead of just about all of you, maybe i'll try for Sunday night but I can't promise i'll get a chance, mornings are my best time. If all else fails i'll run 'em Monday morning.

Please send your battle orders to: eumbattlemod@yahoo.com.au , and not the previous orders email. If you've already sent them, I apologize.

Thanks,
-Katz :)

I think giving eco to other nation can be done by announcing here as in the past, no? :p

Well the same :D

If all goes well I'll get more than I would give :p

HJ Tulp said:
You can't GIVE eco, you can LOAN it however :)

Correct, the only way to transfer eco except via a loan is through an event.

How is it with trade? Will there be some trade thread like last time? You know, the one where people got bonus eco for their activity in trade matters and such.

Green_alien said:
How is it with trade? Will there be some trade thread like last time? You know, the one where people got bonus eco for their activity in trade matters and such.

We aren't doing trade events as before. I plan to do events based upon economy, and general activity in trade and other such things will work favourably in this. One may also request economy events if they wish, though i'd like this to have some sort of catalyst, a specific treaty, event abroad, etc.

europe~medieval.jpg

FROM NOW ON, ALL TREATIES ARE TO BE POSTED IN THE TREATIES DIRECTORY / ABBEY OF MORIMOND. POSTING TREATIES IN THE NAT.STATS WILL RESULT IN THE POSTS BEING MOVED TO THE ABBEY. ONLY THE TREATIES MANAGER WILL BE ABLE TO POST CONCISE VERSION OF THE TREATIES IN THE NAT.STATS THREAD FOR THE STAT MANAGER.

this will help us keep things nice and clean.

Elias Tarfarius said:
How does one increase their tech level? Rp or spending or some combination thereof?
Events may raise the Tech temporarily: an event usually needs both RP and some mechanical investment to succeed, but I believe only RP would do in a few cases. About the events, see the thread with the same name.

However, much unlike in the previous incarnation of the game, now you can also raise Tech permanently: you need to gain provinces of high value -- or to get rid of provinces of low value. I don't remember the exact formula, but the Tech is roughly (just roughly!) the average of the values of the provinces you own (provinces worth 0 do not count).

Another question, can someone still take Samarkand eventhough it isn't on the map. While it would be nice in way for me, it would not be very sporting for the enemy, now would it. :)

Elias Tarfarius said:
Another question, can someone still take Samarkand eventhough it isn't on the map. While it would be nice in way for me, it would not be very sporting for the enemy, now would it. :)

we'll address the issue if youre in a loosing war and your empire is invaded. case by case and precedent is the name of the game ;)

Hey. Just wondering, isn't there supposed to be a strait list in Nat Stats?

I remember seeing one a while ago, and the rules thread says one exists, I just can't find it.

Ladislav said:
nowhere in the rules?
Nope. Not in the rules.

Rules said:
Also, if the army crosses a river (see the Map Over Europe) or a strait (see the list in Nat Stats) and does not have Right of Passage through BOTH provinces, it cannot travel any further that turn, even if it has RoP through the next adjacent province. Straits can be blockaded by a hostile navy (see blockades, below) so that an army at war with the navy cannot pass across it.

Prætor said:
Hey. Just wondering, isn't there supposed to be a strait list in Nat Stats?

I remember seeing one a while ago, and the rules thread says one exists, I just can't find it.
It was... I've looked throught it once, and Messina strait was amongst them. Believe me, I checked this long ago.