• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Icarus said:
Well, in reality each title counted as one vote in the Council of Princes. So the important princes like the King of Bohemia etc had much more than one vote in the Council of Princes. Off course, most of the voting princes is not played anyway so 1 per played realm is perhaps the best. Off course, in the Council of Electors each Elector only has 1 vote regardless of other titles, but thats different :)

actually, it was even more complicated heh, but I would definitely go for 1 realm = 1 vote formula :)

Ladislav said:

[color=brick][b]AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TREATIES MANAGER. THE PERSON WITH THE MOST EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION FOR THE ROLE IS LONGINUS. LET US CONGRATULATE HIM ON HIS NEW PROMOTION. MAY HE BE A MOD LONG AND PROSPER.[/B][/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

'The person with the most experience and dedication for the role...' Talk about recruiter talk. :D

*is just jealous cause he didn't get a 'katzeh kicks ass and we all know it' speech*

Anyway lovely peoples I have two events to post and not as much time as i'd like, so we'll see how we go. If I can't have them up this morning, i'll try for the evening, yesterday was a shit of a day. People waiting for posts in my court, sorry. :(​

N Katsyev said:

*is just jealous cause he didn't get a 'katzeh kicks ass and we all know it' speech*

*steps to the podium*

"Katzy kicks major ass and we all know it.

Thank you for your attention."

*Steps down and takes a seat*

Blade! said:

*steps to the podium*

"Katzy kicks major ass and we all know it.

Thank you for your attention."

*Steps down and takes a seat*

-5 moral for 10 turns for spaming

:p;)

Longinus said:
well, it's not that you have any real power in Imperial lands hehe. It was always done via voting, each Prince had 1 vote, the majority of votes win, simple as it is :)
That's what I wanted to know, as logical I'd present to the Diet to get the approval, but wanted to know the way to present the treaty once accepted by the Diet :p

Oh oh! Me me! I have a question!

I suppose that dynastic alliances give CB just as "normal" ones?

EDIT: And does Holy Roman Emperor have RoP throught all lands of the empire?

Last edited:
Green_alien said:
Oh oh! Me me! I have a question!

I suppose that dynastic alliances give CB just as "normal" ones?

EDIT: And does Holy Roman Emperor have RoP throught all lands of the empire?
Only if there's evidence it's been roleplayed as an alliance of sorts. Being a distant cousin of someone doesn't necessarily mean you're even friends, let alone allies. Albert and Leo Habsburg are, for example, brothers who in recent history fought and split their territory between them.

And yes, the HRE has RoP through all territories marked in gold on the HRE map unless specifically revoked by a realm.

Longinus,

After doing everything as it was described here, there is one last thing to do. You need to ensure that the monks of Morimond will record the treaty (otherwise it will also be considered invalid). To do so, you need to post sufficient information in their Abbey, either by posting the whole of the treaty or providing the link to it; same applies to confirmations (providing links to confirmations are more than enough).

Does this mean I should re-post the treaty, now confirmed in the Abbey? Thanks.

--------------

Cccino/Ladislav,

Are DoWs needed against your vassal's rebels, or may we treat that as a rebellion against the overlord, since the overlord is sworn to protect? Thanks.

Blade! said:
Longinus,
Does this mean I should re-post the treaty, now confirmed in the Abbey? Thanks.

that's a good question actually.

I will handle all the treaties posted up to 22nd of June

please follow the rules of the Abbey after this date :)

Blade! said:
Cccino/Ladislav,

Are DoWs needed against your vassal's rebels, or may we treat that as a rebellion against the overlord, since the overlord is sworn to protect? Thanks.
ALL wars require DoWs in order to send your realm into a state of war. You would need to declare war in NatStats to fight your vassal's rebels, however you would have a perfectly reasonable CB. (In fact, to NOT declare war would probably be grounds for a penalty ;) )

What is the official word on NPC's and right of passage now?

Do we have right of passage by default through all NPC's, or is right of passage by default denied through all NPC's?

If it is denied, will it be possible to gain right of passage through event like in the old game?

Icarus said:
What is the official word on NPC's and right of passage now?

Do we have right of passage by default through all NPC's, or is right of passage by default denied through all NPC's?

If it is denied, will it be possible to gain right of passage through event like in the old game?
From memory: you have RoP through all NPC realms of your own religion - with the exception that Roman supporters do not allow access to Avignon supporters and vice versa. RoP through played realms is by default denied.

cccino said:
Rules clarification for Rebels - the realm against which a rebel army arises does not receive a bonus for defensive war. In battle, the rebel army receives a defensive bonus in controlled provinces of the realm they're rebelling against, and the realm gets the defensive bonus in all EXCEPT the rebel-controlled provinces.

Query for Cccino,

Does an overlord get a defensive bonus in lands controlled by his vassal?

Example: The King of France comes to defend against an English thrust from Aquataine into Auvergne. Auvergne is a vassal of France, does the King of France treat this as part of his own realm for defensive morale purposes?

cccino said:
From memory: you have RoP through all NPC realms of your own religion - with the exception that Roman supporters do not allow access to Avignon supporters and vice versa. RoP through played realms is by default denied.

What if you're awesome, aka Orthodox? Can you go through all Christian? :D

Blade! said:
Query for Cccino,

Does an overlord get a defensive bonus in lands controlled by his vassal?

Example: The King of France comes to defend against an English thrust from Aquataine into Auvergne. Auvergne is a vassal of France, does the King of France treat this as part of his own realm for defensive morale purposes?

A good question. It doesn't bother me either way, so whatever is the general concensus will be fine.

On another issue:
I've been comparing the current stats to the old stats, and the eco levels are pretty much the same (unlike the LM which is much larger). So I think perhaps the 2 eco per turn regeneration is a bit high. Or else the eco is a bit low. All but the largest nations can regenerate all their eco in 1-2 turns.

N Katsyev said:
What if you're awesome, aka Orthodox? Can you go through all Christian? :D
If this is a serious question, the answer has I think already been given but I will be explicit: No. Orthodoc realms only have free RoP through Orthodox NPCs.

If this is cheekiness, CUT IT (please). Since it seems that announcements are to be posted in a potentially fast-moving thread, we really need to keep this thread concise and easy to read.

Strike out whichever paragraph is not applicable. :eek:o

As a mod announcement (hence the gold-colour): "SPAM AND/OR UNNECESSARY POSTS IN THIS THREAD (OR ANY OTHER STICKIED THREAD) WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."

Last edited:
cccino said:
A good question. It doesn't bother me either way, so whatever is the general concensus will be fine.

On another issue:
I've been comparing the current stats to the old stats, and the eco levels are pretty much the same (unlike the LM which is much larger). So I think perhaps the 2 eco per turn regeneration is a bit high. Or else the eco is a bit low. All but the largest nations can regenerate all their eco in 1-2 turns.

while that might not be the most historical (3,6 months regenration) i think for gaming purposes it might be ok the way we have it. who wants to play a country that has been ravaged and pillaged by war and thus will regenerate eco early next year (RL)?

a smaller nation is easier to manage so i suppose their advantage to recovery can be explained.

A good question. It [defensive bonus in vassal's land]doesn't bother me either way, so whatever is the general concensus will be fine.

I would opt for the vassal-liege bonus.

cccino said:

On another issue:

I also think the 2 eco per turn regeneration is high. Considering how landmil is now recovered, I really don't think its necessary.

As per my Orthodox question, it was a serious question asked in a not so serious manner. I am playing an Orthodox country and considering there aren't many of us and most of us are tech penalized already, I figured we might get some break, like on Eu2 where we can marry all Christians...

Also, I don't agree with the vassal-liege bonus. I think the bonus should apply in your own core territory only as it does in my opinion represent not only a more intimate knowledge of the land, but also a greater connection to it and desire to protect it. Just because my enslaver's lord has peasants who might have their farms burnt a world away, i'm going to be far more moved to action to defend my best friend's farm just down the road.