• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1095)

Young Old'un
Feb 23, 2001
RPG Announcements

Just to make things clear:-

The RPGs (this, the forthcoming new one and the Poitical RPG) are run by the Moderators and occupy a unique position.
That is the Moderators decide who plays in the games and can post in the forum. If, in their opinion, someone isnt playing the game properly, being disruptive, argumentative or just plain spoilng the game for others, then they can ask that the offending person be barred from the RPG Forum.
This will usualy be granted, after documented evidence of warnings have been see, if the offender persists in the offence(s).
Also barring from one RGP forum would mean, in most cases, being barred from the others.

Please bear this in mind.
As some of you know - I dont enter into argument but act.

Thank you for your attention.....

europe~medieval.jpg

This is the place to discuss and voice your opinions about the new map and rules. After we reach a certain concensus, this thread will act as one only for general questions, and the posts regarding the rules and set up will be retired.

LADISLAV​

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay, folks. The rules are finally up.

The game has been running for about a week, but just to make it official:

Welcome to the 1383 Medieval RPG!

THE GAME BEGINS!

The current turn is:

Winter 1383
December '82 - February '83

The first turn will end Midnight GMT this Saturday/Sunday 25th/26th June.

Enjoy!

europe~medieval.jpg

AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TREATIES MANAGER. THE PERSON WITH THE MOST EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION FOR THE ROLE IS LONGINUS. LET US CONGRATULATE HIM ON HIS NEW PROMOTION. MAY HE BE A MOD LONG AND PROSPER.

Long, feel free to change your signature to reflect this, as well as start your Treaties directory thread. Thank you.

europe~medieval.jpg

AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TREATIES MANAGER. THE PERSON WITH THE MOST EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION FOR THE ROLE IS LONGINUS. LET US CONGRATULATE HIM ON HIS NEW PROMOTION. MAY HE BE A MOD LONG AND PROSPER.

Long, feel free to change your signature to reflect this, as well as start your Treaties directory thread. Thank you.

cccino said:
That stuff is old. It's in a quote-box called "ignore this" so that I have a copy of it lying around until I can replace it. You notice it also links to an HRE map using the old EU2 provinces. Sorry for the confusion.

hi CCC. having reintroduced the Rules thread as well as the Announcements thread, is there a point to keep this thread here?

I would recommend merging the questions and ann. threads :eek:o but if you object, it's fine with me.. just trying to keep the stickies to a minimum -L.

I think it would be wiser to merge questions with introductions. Announcments could get quickly hidden in the flood of questions, it's possible people wouldn't notice them then.

Ahem sorry, just my opinion. :eek:o

Anyway, was treaty concerning sale of baleares approved?

Ladislav said:
hi CCC. having reintroduced the Rules thread as well as the Announcements thread, is there a point to keep this thread here?

I would recommend merging the questions and ann. threads :eek:o but if you object, it's fine with me.. just trying to keep the stickies to a minimum -L.
Ah! Now I get it. I didn't understand the way this thread was named, sorry.

I figured this thread was for questions and announcements regarding rules discussion, not for general questions, and that the Inscriptions thread would be used for that as it was in the past.

But definately not a permanent thread. So, umm, yeah, whatever you like. Sorry for mucking you around :eek:o

Actually, you could probably leave this open for another week, just so ppl have a place to point out any errors in the rules or stats. Or if you don't mind using the I&Q for that, just vault this thread and merge it with the other discussion thread in there. My net's gone dodgy again, takes 15mins to load a page :rolleyes:

For lack of better place to put this, I ask it here:

Can I, as overlord and actual monarch of Norway, play some sort of Norweigen regency now that Badawi has moved down south??

It might be pretty important for Oluf to be able to negotiate on behalf of Norway as well.

BzAli said:

Can I, as overlord and actual monarch of Norway, play some sort of Norweigen regency now that Badawi has moved down south??

It might be pretty important for Oluf to be able to negotiate on behalf of Norway as well.

I would think so.

Rules said:
NPC Interactions
Overlords of vassals can RP every facet of his NPC vassal he wishes, including dictating its HoS. Overlords of tributaries have no automatic RP rights on the subjugated realm, although the mechanics of the tribute may be roleplayed. Monarchs of a personal union (senior realm) may RP the governance of either realm provided the independance of the junior realm is respected.

BzAli said:

see Icarus' post above. I just wanted to say that this is exactly the right place to put it ;)

cccino said:
Ah! Now I get it. I didn't understand the way this thread was named, sorry.

I figured this thread was for questions and announcements regarding rules discussion, not for general questions, and that the Inscriptions thread would be used for that as it was in the past.

But definately not a permanent thread. So, umm, yeah, whatever you like. Sorry for mucking you around :eek:o

Actually, you could probably leave this open for another week, just so ppl have a place to point out any errors in the rules or stats. Or if you don't mind using the I&Q for that, just vault this thread and merge it with the other discussion thread in there. My net's gone dodgy again, takes 15mins to load a page :rolleyes:

oh, one more thing C. when you feel that the rules are finalized and in good condition, feel free to purge this thread of the posts no longer needed and renaming it to just a "Questions and Announcements" thread. thanks

Was thinking, I was gonna present a multilateral treaty in the Imperial Diet affecting all Imperial Lands, is this possible?

and if so...

Do I have to state all the Imperial Realms or only noticing it's for them all?

Do all have to confirm or enough if confirmed by Archsteward of the Empire if economical, Archancellor if Political, etc??

Txini said:
Was thinking, I was gonna present a multilateral treaty in the Imperial Diet affecting all Imperial Lands, is this possible?

and if so...

Do I have to state all the Imperial Realms or only noticing it's for them all?

Do all have to confirm or enough if confirmed by Archsteward of the Empire if economical, Archancellor if Political, etc??

well, it's not that you have any real power in Imperial lands hehe. It was always done via voting, each Prince had 1 vote, the majority of votes win, simple as it is :)

ordem24.gif

Hey guys, many of you know me from the game for quite a while now (as I have been here with brief absences for over 3 years now heh). I have been trying to contribute to the community sometimes with more or less success. Since today I am taking the job of fellow moderator, keeper of records and second part of legislative body of our game. Hopefully, you will find my work adequate and useful.

tn_MORtreaties183.jpg

Charles, Abbot of Morimond

In few hours I will post a thread where a beautiful Abbey of Morimond shall be located. There live couple dozens of Cistercian monks who, among many other deeds, are restlessly working hard to preserve in memory the happenings around them. Upon the request coming from the Landlords all over Europe, they are to preserve written proofs of treaties, agreements and contracts. Their abbot, Charles de Morimond, is an old, stiff man who hates all irregularities and rule-breakers to the bone. Nobody, from simple clerk to Royal Chancellor, can expect mercy from him if it comes to recording the past events.

In this very thread, which shall be build soon, you will find the rules to follow for the greater usefulness and glory of our not-so-little, virtual and-medieval world.

Longinus said:
well, it's not that you have any real power in Imperial lands hehe. It was always done via voting, each Prince had 1 vote, the majority of votes win, simple as it is :)

Well, in reality each title counted as one vote in the Council of Princes. So the important princes like the King of Bohemia etc had much more than one vote in the Council of Princes. Off course, most of the voting princes is not played anyway so 1 per played realm is perhaps the best. Off course, in the Council of Electors each Elector only has 1 vote regardless of other titles, but thats different :)