Questions about hive minds in first contact

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 7, 2020
Hi, I discovered that now is possible to encounter primitive hive minds. However, the only way I have found, for now, is with situation Organic Singularity. The situation has a good story and is fun to have the chance to decide if the primitive empire will become a hive mind or not. However, I have some questions.

- This event can happen only to observed civilizations, of may happen to civilizations that have no observation point?

- Is possible to found civilization that are simply born as hive mind, like result of evolution? It would be logical, since there are many species that could become hive minds, like many types of insects. Also, it would explain how all types of hive minds in games were born. Like Tree of Life or Progenitor, that can't be born with a situation like this.
The situation is fun, however if it's the only way for a hive mind to born, we have to suppose that all hive minds are like a driven assimilator.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can't answer your first question, but the second I can answer: you can find pre-FTL civs that are just natural hive minds. The Organic Singularity event isn't necessary for that.

Reactions:
What means is_fe_cluster?
is_fe_cluster is a scripted trigger in "common\scripted_triggers\00_scripted_triggers.txt". "fe" stands for "Fallen Empire".
In this case, it prevents this event from happening in fallen empire territory.

- This event can happen only to observed civilizations, of may happen to civilizations that have no observation point?
Looks like it can only happen to observed civilizations.

Reactions:
Thank you for the information. How frequent are natural primitive hive minds? Do I need to active first contact dlc to find them?

Playing on a medium galaxy with both Utopia and First Contact, about ~1/3 of the pre-FTL civs I found were hive minds, but that is a small sample size of one game.

I seem to remember some event with the hive Minds where two factions on the planet was at war with each other. One defeated the other and became the dominating hive mind on the planet.

Thank you for the information. How frequent are natural primitive hive minds? Do I need to active first contact dlc to find them?
It was literally the first primitive civ I ran into after download. One interesting thing I liked (that confirmed my previous speculation on the topic) was that primitive hiveminds are actually several competing hives of the same species that would make war with one another.