• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eraclio

Major
1 Badges
Nov 26, 2006
  • For The Glory
I know that if a river is between two provinces, the river gives penality to the soldiers moving.

I would to know: and if the river is between two provinces, but these two provinces are also a bit linked by themselves, the rivers gives the same penality or less or nothing?

For example: first provinces is connected to the second one for half border and for the another half is separated by a river.

From memory, if there is any non-river connection, the river penalties won't apply. I think this occurred between Savoy and Lyonnais or thereabouts in original EU2.

From memory, if there is any non-river connection, the river penalties won't apply. I think this occurred between Savoy and Lyonnais or thereabouts in original EU2.

Ok, this is confirmed by KaRei in a pm...

and: is there a way to edit crossing penality??

Thanks

In file DB\Map\adj-defs.txt

Code:
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = river through = 0 } #adds river crossing
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = normal through = 0 } #normal connection
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = sea through = 20 } #adds strait

In file DB\Map\adj-defs.txt

Code:
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = river through = 0 } #adds river crossing
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = normal through = 0 } #normal connection
adjacency = { from = 10 to = 16 type = sea through = 20 } #adds strait

Is this the same folder for Eu2 and FTG?

Is this include all rivers or river by river????

Thanks

Are the connections through '0' connections through PTI only or is it also applicable to any other kind of connection between normally not-adjacent provinces?

Are the connections through '0' connections through PTI only or is it also applicable to any other kind of connection between normally not-adjacent provinces?

It works for any 2 provinces. Stargates are possible. :D

I had Calais connected to Picardie this way on Watk3.

Is this the same folder for Eu2 and FTG?
Nope. It isn't the same folder for Eu2. Also the format has changed:

Eu2: Map\adj-defs.csv
FtG: DB\Map\adj-defs.txt

Is this include all rivers or river by river????
The line does not solve all rivers, not even whole 1 river. Just 2 provinces. So province by province.

Kasperus said:
The '0' here means the connection does not lead through any other province. It does not represent PTI ;)
It's just an empty value.

Nope. It isn't the same folder for Eu2. Also the format has changed:

Eu2: Map\adj-defs.csv
FtG: DB\Map\adj-defs.txt

Thanks

The line does not solve all rivers, not even whole 1 river. Just 2 provinces. So province by province.

Excellent news

The '0' here means the connection does not lead through any other province. It does not represent PTI ;)
It's just an empty value.

So a province that is connected to another in the map could be not connected with this value in the relative file??:confused:

So a province that is connected to another in the map could be not connected with this value in the relative file??:confused:

No, it can. It would be just useless to specify the connection through 0 if the provinces are already neighboring. You would have the same connection defined twice - once in adjacent.tbl and secondary in adj-defs.txt
You don't need specify in adj-defs.txt every connection on the map, just those that you need fix or add if they for some reason does not work after the export by Magellan.

No, it can. It would be just useless to specify the connection through 0 if the provinces are already neighboring. You would have the same connection defined twice - once in adjacent.tbl and secondary in adj-defs.txt
You don't need specify in adj-defs.txt every connection on the map, just those that you need fix or add if they for some reason does not work after the export by Magellan.

And, how to mod adjacent.tbl?

Thanks

And, how to mod adjacent.tbl?
You can't. The file is automatically generated by Magellan according to the design of the map but this is why adj_defs.txt is available in order to amend when necessary and add adjacencies Magellan can't handle.

You can't. The file is automatically generated by Magellan according to the design of the map but this is why adj_defs.txt is available in order to amend when necessary and add adjacencies Magellan can't handle.

So, river penality is automatically generated and if there is not, you can edit this file, right?

So, river penality is automatically generated and if there is not, you can edit this file, right?
Exactly :)

Magellan has in his pack of tools one tool which can show you (i.e. export to CSV file so you can see them) the adjacencies from the file adjacency.tbl he generated. So there you can check which connections were generated correctly and which not. I however don't remember now which tool and with which parameters was able to do that. You'll have to look after him.

Exactly :)

Magellan has in his pack of tools one tool which can show you (i.e. export to CSV file so you can see them) the adjacencies from the file adjacency.tbl he generated. So there you can check which connections were generated correctly and which not. I however don't remember now which tool and with which parameters was able to do that. You'll have to look after him.

Excellent! So I will edit this file for that soldiers that try to march towards India :)