• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Hagar - Yes, I figured out that there's some sort of mismatch between the CORE graphics and HOI, as there's a fairly consistent 3 model shift between the intended model and the actual model shown. F'rinstance, the motorcycle recon brigade shows as an 8-wheeled armored car. Etc., etc.
I'm just not entirely sure how to fix it. Looks like DSL is in the near future, so I ~may~ try DL'ing one of the graphics packages and that being the end of it.

@Epaminondas: Getting the CORE of AoD sounds risky, so I'll save that as a last resort, but thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, well. I did mod all the SCW lessons events that allow a BP for Night Ops to activate the tech and then give the BP. Have not tested it yet, though.

Also, I think I've found another typo'd tech provided to Poland, this time. Military Design Policy ('42) was espionage'd out of them in 1936. And I thought the Danes were clever...
I can't tell if this is deliberate, though, because in the Poland.inc file, it's listed as 4060 Military Design Policy 1936. I can't determine if that means they're supposed to have it anyway or what. I have a spare quarter, will buy a clue. ;)

@kezardinjnr - After I read your post and started a new game off my freshly re-installed everything, I played around with the Rocket sites too. While I didn't build runs of more than 5, I found this. I could build province specific sites up to at least 5 easily. I didn't do more because I deemed it proof of concept. The crux of the biscuit is in building the non-province specific site. Once you commit even just one run of them to the queue, ALL further rocket site production is disabled.
Technically, I suppose it's more realistic to be required to build province specific sites, as it seems a bit daft to me to think of a fully functional rocket site being plunked down somewhere after it's built. Sort of like, how to be fully realistic in naval building, one should be required to specify the build site of a ship at the outset. And be limited to a site that actually has the shipyard capable of building such a ship. But it seems the HOI designers kinda gave the whole naval aspect of the game the bum's rush. Ah, well.

Well, a coupla new things I found and some ideas I'm working on.

First of all, Georgia (Soviet) is bugged. Whoever did the naming work on the provinces has it as "Georgien" in the provinces.inc file, but the game expects "Georgia", resulting in an "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED" message. Re-named the provinces affected and all is well now. (At least, I assume so. I haven't actually looked at the US Georgia to see if it got broken by this yet.)
Dunno if you guys know about it or not, so I'll mention it here in case. Also, Caucasus is spelled Kaukasus in provinces.inc, which isn't the standard English spelling, for what that's worth. I didn't bother changing it, as it affects a lot of provinces, but I may whip it through a word processor at some point...

I noticed that the Mareth Line in Tunisia doesn't exist, am doing some research to either create it by event or just simply add some land fortifications in the area.
Along those lines, I'm considering modding the Maginot Line reduction event to provide the Germans with some supplies to represent the guns and ammo that were taken out, which is what this is all about anyway, as the actual emplacements are mostly ~still~ in existance today.

And I've run into some interesting situations due to my tendency as the German to seek alliances with Turkey and Nat. Spain when possible. Looks like a Spanish - Vichy handback event is called for, as Vichy lost a huge stack of units due to the province they're scheduled to appear in was in Spanish hands at the time.
Also, I'm researching what effect Turkey's joining the Axis would have on the Middle East. Of course, this is mostly supposition, since there's no actual historical event to model it on. However, as of now, I know there was a separatist movement in Lebanon in Ottoman Empire times, so they may not welcome being re-integrated into a new Turkish Empire.

Also thinking of expanding the whole Vichy/Leb-Syr event chain, as it stayed Vichy until the Allies occupied it. The events currently in place don't reflect that very well.

Ideas that have cropped up during my researches include Naval minefields, receiving goods and ships from raiders seizing merchantmen, "crippled" ship speed reduction and creating the Abwehr's Brandenburger units is some way.
Probably not the actual units, as they were pretty small for most of the war, but some sort of events to reflect their impact, like seizing factories in Poland to prevent their destruction, seizing bridges in Holland and various other sneaky tricks that they excelled at.

I deleted the automatic declarations of war on Norway and Denmark from the Fall Weserubung event, as this was not nearly in keeping with the Nazi sneak attack mentality. ;) Thinking of some way to mod the event to reflect the invasion of Narvik by troops on destroyers, etc.

I'm also looking for some info on some of the event commands/functions. Specifically at this point, the "offset" one. I'd like to know exactly what it does and how it works, please. Baylox has a link to an "events Commands" page, but the link is dead. :(
I have a doc someone wrote up, but sadly, it is somewhat deficient.

And of course, I intend to mod the French to disable building early armor divs.

We'll see how that all works out...

Last edited:
I do recall we modified the Georgian setup for the 0.4.1 build (now in Beta) for that very purpose, so hopefully that's fixed fairly soon.

I'll check the master set once I get home.

I found a helpful file in the modding area of the wiki, so I know what offset does now, thanks. Heh.
Just got the DSL working and installing the color graphics pack now, so hopefully that'll be another annoyance done away with. Guess I'll start up and see if America Georgia's broken while I'm at it.
From what I've read, the Mareth line was probably in Gabes province in the game, and I'd guess it rates maybe a 2 level fortification.
All for now.

I've added AREA_GEORGIA for the next 0.4.1 Beta build, so hopefully this is fixed once 0.4.1 is out. :)

a lot of crashes during when speeding up the game

I m playing this game with windows 7 under compatibility mode (windows xp service pack 2) on a "doomsday armaggedon 1.3b2" version of the game, the problem I have is that the game crashes on a regularly basis. It also seems to have problems when I speed up the game: more crashes (I m still in the early stage of the game playing as germany). Are there adjustments I should make when playing this game on windows 7 (I already had to do it for other games)?

Last edited:
Did you double-check your checksum? It might be Win7 related, but it could very well be a faulty install as well.