• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Provincial AA will fire at ANY AIRPLANE conducting ANY ATTACK at ANY non-air target. This has been tested extensively back in the day.

And if you don't want to take my word for it, try it yourself; start a game as GER, build up a province with max factories and no AA, play to a point that UK strat-bombs you with a STR-bomber there, save the game, edit in 40 divisions of 4xAA on that province, load the game, and watch what happens to that STR bomber during his not-engaging-the-land-units attack.

Alternately, get to a point where someone hits one of your no-AA land divisions with a CAS strike, save the game, edit in a provincial L10-AA on that province, and see the difference in hourly loss to the CAS before and after.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I believe you. The confusion arises from, over the course of the thread, terms for air attacks that are not specific enough to know exactly what is meant. That one was pretty clear!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Provincial AA will fire at ANY AIRPLANE conducting ANY ATTACK at ANY non-air target. This has been tested extensively back in the day.

And if you don't want to take my word for it, try it yourself; start a game as GER, build up a province with max factories and no AA, play to a point that UK strat-bombs you with a STR-bomber there, save the game, edit in 40 divisions of 4xAA on that province, load the game, and watch what happens to that STR bomber during his not-engaging-the-land-units attack.

Alternately, get to a point where someone hits one of your no-AA land divisions with a CAS strike, save the game, edit in a provincial L10-AA on that province, and see the difference in hourly loss to the CAS before and after.

I didn't say you were wrong, I said I was wrong