• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

qazeex!2

Corporal
May 9, 2017
Hello!
I finally found what campaing I want to play in CK2. And I want a cool name for my custom norse kingdom. The only idea I have is Northern Seas or Kingdom of Northern Seas.
I think its dangerous to use Google translate for that, so please help me to give my kingdom cool Norse name :) Or maybe suggest other names.

These would be my translations into Swedish:

Northern Seas - Norra haven alt Nordhaven
Kingdom of Northern Seas - Nordhavsriket

Nordsjöväldet is the swedish version of "the north sea empire" of king canute the great which could also translate as "nordsjöriket".
Nordsjön is used to refer to the north sea.

If your not specifically basing it on thd north sea i would go with the first suggestion, nordhavsriket (this is swedish)

Hello!
I finally found what campaing I want to play in CK2. And I want a cool name for my custom norse kingdom. The only idea I have is Northern Seas or Kingdom of Northern Seas.
I think its dangerous to use Google translate for that, so please help me to give my kingdom cool Norse name :) Or maybe suggest other names.

If I was going really original, i would try Icelandic for this, or Faeroese.

Nordsjöväldet is the swedish version of "the north sea empire" of king canute the great which could also translate as "nordsjöriket".
Nordsjön is used to refer to the north sea.

If your not specifically basing it on thd north sea i would go with the first suggestion, nordhavsriket (this is swedish)

nordhavsriket is also norwegian, I guess in Danish rike would be rige.