• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(49158)

Corporal
Oct 5, 2005
Howdy, havent played Ricky before, but was a HUGE fan of old VIP. In the new VIP with the change in civilizing i doubled checked the reqs to see what i need, after during my digging i found 9 different civ events with progressively higher pop research mod increases. What exactly does that mean? I figured smaller countries might need the higher research mods since they dont have the pop of a larger uncivs (CHI, NIP, PER) , but since it seems random and not have any triggers does that mean a civilizing CHI who gets say event 6687 with its massive research pop mod get an INSANE bonus to research since they're chock full of pops? I mean its kinda scary if thats the case and the bonuses are doled out semi randomly (60% for the standard civilize and 5% for each increasing one).

Edit: Oh yea and another quick question when i start a new VIP campaign only UK is selectable unless i pick VIP Multiplayer, is that a bug or something? i dont think it makes much of a difference but since UK is the only selectable that cant be right.... and also VIP lite is the same, UK selectable only.

Edit2: Ugh i'm dumb, just right click and pick a country, i guess im just too used to FtG and seeing everyone's pretty little flag ;)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the historical path civilize event isn't until 1898, so if you want to civilize earlier you'll have to do it independent of the events. I don't recall if the the Self Strengthening Movement events help.