• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(49158)

Corporal
Oct 5, 2005
Howdy, havent played Ricky before, but was a HUGE fan of old VIP. In the new VIP with the change in civilizing i doubled checked the reqs to see what i need, after during my digging i found 9 different civ events with progressively higher pop research mod increases. What exactly does that mean? I figured smaller countries might need the higher research mods since they dont have the pop of a larger uncivs (CHI, NIP, PER) , but since it seems random and not have any triggers does that mean a civilizing CHI who gets say event 6687 with its massive research pop mod get an INSANE bonus to research since they're chock full of pops? I mean its kinda scary if thats the case and the bonuses are doled out semi randomly (60% for the standard civilize and 5% for each increasing one).

Edit: Oh yea and another quick question when i start a new VIP campaign only UK is selectable unless i pick VIP Multiplayer, is that a bug or something? i dont think it makes much of a difference but since UK is the only selectable that cant be right.... and also VIP lite is the same, UK selectable only.

Edit2: Ugh i'm dumb, just right click and pick a country, i guess im just too used to FtG and seeing everyone's pretty little flag ;)

Last edited:

unmerged(49158)

Corporal
Oct 5, 2005
Also should i play historical or ahistorial for China Civilizing? Just wait for the Self Strengthening Movement or try my best to drown the Brits in blood?

Xenozod

Private
39 Badges
Mar 20, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
If I remember correctly, the historical path civilize event isn't until 1898, so if you want to civilize earlier you'll have to do it independent of the events. I don't recall if the the Self Strengthening Movement events help.