• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RifuI

Recruit
13 Badges
Mar 25, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
While working on a mod these past few days, I met several issues that prevent me from making everything work smoothly.

What I need for my mod:

- A landed immortal character with limited interactions with other realms/characters (So he doesn't die from unnatural causes or lose his title, I need him for some custom elective succession)

Issues:

- I tried creating a dynamic title (trough an event) not tied to any real barony, it works for a while but if I re-load the save, the dynamic title just get destroyed.

- I tried creating a set of dejure titles (from empire to barony) with an off-map capital by modding all files i could find related to landed titles and provinces in /common and /history but I didn't succeed.

Questions:

- How can I make a dynamic title that will survive a re-load, taking into account that I cannot set it as the 'temporal head of faith title' ?

- Does any of you know how to create a new set of dejure titles with an off-map capital ?

- Is it possible to create a custom province that is not directly on the map (so that a barony can occupy this province and all dejure title above can be set) ?

- Any comments or suggestions ?

could you give him some land that is inaccesible? for example, in siberia or sorrounded by mountains or some other kind of impasable terrain
I can try that, siberia is in fact a single province, but I found and isolated impassable island in the far east that fit my needs, I just hope that candidates in elective succession are not affected by diplomatic range.

Make him lead a holy order of a religion unique to him, and immortal?
My mod is in fact an elective succession law that has one or several gods as elector, all your titles (including counties) get this law after a Divine Trial where the god(s) test your children to see if one of them is worthy.
To be an elector you must be landed, and how can the god(s) of my faith be my vassal or of a different faith.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can try that, siberia is in fact a single province, but I found and isolated impassable island in the far east that fit my needs, I just hope that candidates in elective succession are not affected by diplomatic range.

I'm not sure, but as an irish ruler of brittania i can tell that some people in Bosnia was a candidate

but if that doesn't work you could give your gods land arround the world under a single realm inside impasable terrain