Question about Vichy France/Germany relations after Morocco

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MisterPedroH

Recruit
14 Badges
May 18, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
I'm having a very strong Germany game: UK surrendered, the empire collapsed, Egypt joined the Axis, Italy took over Africa, balkan states are my allies, Yugoslavia was annexed, Bulgaria annexed Greece and it's June 1940.

I managed to get Spain in the Axis after offering Morocco, but now Vichy France hates me. I'm ready to start preparations for Barbarossa but I'm afraid of getting backstabbed by Vichy France. I do have a peace treaty with them until May 1941, which is around the time I plan to start invading the USSR.

Is there a chance that Vichy France declares war on Germany considering everything mentioned above?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm having a very strong Germany game: UK surrendered, the empire collapsed, Egypt joined the Axis, Italy took over Africa, balkan states are my allies, Yugoslavia was annexed, Bulgaria annexed Greece and it's June 1940.

I managed to get Spain in the Axis after offering Morocco, but now Vichy France hates me. I'm ready to start preparations for Barbarossa but I'm afraid of getting backstabbed by Vichy France. I do have a peace treaty with them until May 1941, which is around the time I plan to start invading the USSR.

Is there a chance that Vichy France declares war on Germany considering everything mentioned above?
It's been years since I've played as Germany. But in all my games as other nations, I've never seen Vichy DoW anyone. Regardless, they're pushovers.

It's been years since I've played as Germany. But in all my games as other nations, I've never seen Vichy DoW anyone. Regardless, they're pushovers.
Hilariously, I was playing an MP game one time, and we had no rules against coups. I had 3% chance to coup France which in my SP test run made them ally me, which of course would make my situation on the western front very cosy. In the MP playthrough they instantly declared war on me, forcing a rehost.

• 1Like
Reactions: