• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czecherboard

Second Lieutenant
May 3, 2022
When I build more airports, harbours or train stations, does the intercity traffic split between them, or is it larger?
For example, if I build 2 airports (not Airports DLC) on the same location, is the amount if airplanes still the same, split between the two, or does every airport have its own airplanes, so it's double?
The same with train stations, if I build more of them, does the train traffic split? Because if yes, it would, although really bad, be a workaround for stuck intercity button.

no, it means more tourists are able to come. remember a tourist comes to visit a particular spot (a zoo toilet? really? weird) and spend some money in shops so the more tourist traffic you have the better.

Each outside connection has a maximum capacity of passenger traffic it can support. More options mean a higher overall capacity.

Different levels of tourists also prefer different transport options. High wealth tourists for example prefer arriving by plane, so having an airport in your city encourages more high wealth tourists to visit your city.

We covered tourism on our social media accounts a little while back, here's the collection of the posts we shared:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Each outside connection has a maximum capacity of passenger traffic it can support. More options mean a higher overall capacity.

Different levels of tourists also prefer different transport options. High wealth tourists for example prefer arriving by plane, so having an airport in your city encourages more high wealth tourists to visit your city.

We covered tourism on our social media accounts a little while back, here's the collection of the posts we shared:

Can you reproduce the information here please? That takes me to a registration/login page. Don’t use instagram, don’t want it.

How would I know if my tourist transport is at capacity? I see ships regularly full but planes vary a lot, some full some not -coaches seem full but obviously I can’t monitor every arrival. Do tourists pick plane if ship is full for example or do I just lose out on a visit?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can you reproduce the information here please? That takes me to a registration/login page. Don’t use instagram, don’t want it.

How would I know if my tourist transport is at capacity? I see ships regularly full but planes vary a lot, some full some not -coaches seem full but obviously I can’t monitor every arrival. Do tourists pick plane if ship is full for example or do I just lose out on a visit?
i'll echo the concern about the info not being posted here. i never look at instagram.

low wealth tourists prefer cars
medium wealth prefer ships and trains
high wealth prefer planes

(if my four hour term memory is working!)

but thanks @co_avanya for putting that together.

i get that CO use socials more than the forum but don't forget us boomers when putting together excellent stuff like this.

do a DD!

Here they are on Twitter, should be viewable without a login.
Those values aren't exposed in the game, but if you find that your number of tourists in the city stagnates while city attractiveness goes up, you're likely at or close to capacity. And yes, if your ship routes are at capacity, adding an airport allows more tourists to enter the city. So for a tourist-focused city you want to take advantage of all the possible outside connections your city has access to.

i'll echo the concern about the info not being posted here. i never look at instagram.

low wealth tourists prefer cars
medium wealth prefer ships and trains
high wealth prefer planes

(if my four hour term memory is working!)

but thanks @co_avanya for putting that together.

i get that CO use socials more than the forum but don't forget us boomers when putting together excellent stuff like this.

do a DD!
Thank you for the feedback! The forum doesn't quite work for the format used for these tips, so I'll have to look into how posting here might work. But I just want to make clear that while we might not post as much as on social media, we are absolutely still here. I'm just lurking more than posting. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm just lurking more than posting. ;)
1660637011033.png

Last edited:
Here they are on Twitter, should be viewable without a login.
i've been waiting on a Twitter High Court decision for 19 months! lol! had to share...

no Twitter, I'm not taking it down!

• 2Like
Reactions:
just the train service will give you 500 in a medium city
cruise ship port brings a wedge, so i put my heli ports near by

Okay, thanks!
My city will now have an airport district with 10 airports to attract rich people ;)
l think an aiport district with 10 airports will only split the passenger numbers between the planes but not raise the overall number of tourists .
lf you have several tourist districts at different places in your city , it would be a better idea to place airports near them and connect them with efficient public transport systems to your tourist traps . So the traffic would be split to different destinations at outside connections and they don´t have to cross the city to get where they want to go .
Another important thing is to bring them back home in time , because if they have to wait too long and despawn the game will send less next time to avoid overloaded stations = failed routes
ln general , next to attractiveness by unique buildings and parks or shopping , you need a good public transport system to move them around without generating too much traffic by pocket cars

Reactions: