• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dec 15, 2009
I'm a recent addition to the HoI players group, brought in by a friend who was kind enough to show me this addicting game. We tried to link up on a net based multiplayer and had multitudes of problems, most of which I've seen already explained, however none of them seem to match my situation exactly.

Now, I understand you guys need information before you could help, so please, let me know what you need and how to find that info so I can get it to you.

The situation is that, one, valkyrienet is not working for either of us, though I'm assuming that support for HoI in that server is most likely gone.

Internet connections cannot work, for we both have eachother's IP address, but still no linking together.

What can I do?

Exactly how are you doing?

To my remembrance one of you has to play the host, and the other needs to link up to him. Also, if using firewalls, there are some ports that you will need to open.

whats an ip

IP is short for Internet Protocol, but just saying "IP" means that you are talking about your IP address - the code that computers use to find each others on the internet.

If you want to know yours, you can visit this site: http://www.ipchicken.com/

Haha.. alright... I'll try talking to him. Would following those instructions on his end affect how it works on my PC? or is there a bit more supplimentary actions I have to do?

You and the other player are using the exact same version of the game? Latest patch 1.06c both of you?