• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrLuxuryYacht

Private
5 Badges
Apr 27, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
I played a version of this a while ago, and seeing as I recently reinstalled HoI2, I decided to give it another go. Yes, I know it's in French, but last time I downloaded it I recall only the new stuff was in French, so I could at least navigate my way through. This time though, EVERYTHING is in French, menu options, country names, opening game hints, everything.

So, is it just the most recent version that did this, or is there some way to get the standard game texts back to English, or failing that an older version like I described?

A new version is out (v0.63 + v0.63 bugfix). This version is very stable and has no CTD reported yet. A new balancing has been done as well and oil now gets very rare and important.

You can download the latest version here

To change the standard text from French to English, open the settings.cfg with a text editor and change first line to zero.

Hope that you'll enjoy it. Any positive feedback welcome :)

Thanks. It's a great mod. I always liked the graphical improvements, bigger tech tree, and longer campaign. However, one strange bug I keep getting in my current game with Canada is messanges saying "Update has Annexed mod33 parameter" or "mod33 parameter has declared their independance from update". It's kind of strange.

If you compare this mod to stony road, which would you say is the best. What are the major differences?

Having not yet played Stony Road (nor was I able to find a comprehensive feature list of it), I can't really say. As far as this mod goes, the extended time period is fun, as are the new graphics. It helps though to have at least a basic understanding of French, as all the new events are in French (and there's a lot from what I've seen so far). However, you can figure out somewhat what the event is by viewing the outcomes of the choices.

It's a great mod though.

MrLuxuryYacht said:
Having not yet played Stony Road (nor was I able to find a comprehensive feature list of it), I can't really say. As far as this mod goes, the extended time period is fun, as are the new graphics. It helps though to have at least a basic understanding of French, as all the new events are in French (and there's a lot from what I've seen so far). However, you can figure out somewhat what the event is by viewing the outcomes of the choices.

It's a great mod though.

Peut-être je l'utiliserai, je peux parler le Français un petit peu ;)

Osteles said:
Peut-être je l'utiliserai, je peux parler le Français un petit peu ;)

Being a big fan of Mod33 I would encourage you to play it. Especially as you understand French better than myself.

It is a very good mod.

Ayeshteni

Thank you guys :)

It's good to hear that even if it is not written in the international language, it is still worthy playing it.

For those of you who wants to have an overview of the events (around 7,000), you can download the event list here

Next version, being scheduled for early september, will focus heavily on finishing ahistorical events :

- civil war between USA and CSA (already playable)
- Wilhem II germany
- Republican germany
- Communist germany
- Trotsky 'crusade against capitalism' after having overthrown uncle jo, along with Britain supporting surviving Romanov in order to contest Trotsky crusade (already playable)

Event image (will be in next version): http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newbitmapimagepg6.jpg

- Greater Scandinavia
- Anton Mussart (fascist leader in Netherlands in the 30's) "Greater Netherlands" (already playable)
- Austro-Hungarian rebirth (already playable)

etc....

All along with mobilisation events system, lowered manpower for prewar years, new techs tree, home made graphics (including a special edition of GIP, thanks GIP team) etc...

What I want to know is how a group of unknown Frenchmen beat CORE, TRP, Stony Road, et al in producing the end all of HOI2 total conversions. It's as if Zimbabwe won the space race.

MOD33 is a mod that has a large group of people on it IIRC, but on a french forum. That's why its relativly unknown to most.

But as it is in french, I can't really play it with much fun, as I am more focussing on translating the events in my head then actually enjoying the game.

This mod has been around since HoI1, and they're about 4 core modders, and a lot a people helping as well. We are passionate on enhancing Paradox excellent game.

Installation

To install a proper version of Mod 1933-1953 :

-Need a clean install of HoI 1.3A

-then go here and download Mod33 version 0.63.exe, then Correctif additif 0.63b.exe, then Mod33GIP (optional).

-Launch and install Mod33 version 0.63.exe on your clean 1.3A install. At the end of the install, Notimelimitpatch opens a grey window. Patch your HoI2.exe using the notimelimit patch

- Launch the Correctif additif, install it. You do NOT need to launch again the Notimelimit patch (ignore the error showing).

- Install the GIP pack.

A tiny bug is affecting the molotov-ribbentrop pact (not a CTD). If you wish, download the corrected file in this post
. The link is on the second line in yellow.

Put the file inside your HoI directory in \db\events mod HoI33, replacing the mod33-Allemagne-nazie_37.txt file.

Then enjoy the game :)

Well...hum that was an idea...but simply too much work.

We need to settle before the mod completly, that is closing all unhistorical outcomes. After we need to move the events text (over 7,000 :eek:o ) to the config files. May be we can do that automatically.

And after only after, we have to translate it... Huge work, so i really cannot make any promess, but i'd love to share the mod with the whole community

Just installed it, it looks great. But one problem:
When I start, the date is 1/1/1933, but when I unpause the game, the date immediatly switches to 1/1/1935

How can I solve this?