Question about having influence in Galactic Community

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stug_Life

General
33 Badges
Apr 29, 2016
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
1. How do I gain more influence when it comes to voting?
2. I am currently breaching Galatic law by 'hunting amoebas, but I have no idea how to reform so I am in accordance with the law. How do I change it?

1. hover over you dimpomatic weight, it will show what it consists of. Envoys can be assigned to GC too.
2. Probably in policies "native life protected" or something.

Reactions:
You can also check your diplomatic stance policy to which one gives you the most diplomatic weight.

Be aware that there is a moment in game when supremacist gives you the most weight.

2. I am currently breaching Galatic law by 'hunting amoebas, but I have no idea how to reform so I am in accordance with the law. How do I change it?
When the resolution was passed there should have been a prompt whether you want to comply or not. If you choose not to comply or never got it I don't think there is a way to do it retroactively.

I don't believe being in violation of galactic law has any effect unless sanctions have also been passed, in which case you suffer whatever it says in the sanctions.

Reactions:
2. I read once you get a special project once the resolution is passed that should appear in your situation log tab.
Do you get this even if you're not Xenophile or Pacifist? Because normally you don't have the option to pacify native life unless you're one of those, and there's no other way to render them non-hostile (they will even move into your systems and attack you).

Do you get this even if you're not Xenophile or Pacifist? Because normally you don't have the option to pacify native life unless you're one of those, and there's no other way to render them non-hostile (they will even move into your systems and attack you).
I have never done this myself, but the person in the other thread said so. If you don't get the special project it might have been the pop up that you get after the resolution is passed.

I don't believe being in violation of galactic law has any effect unless sanctions have also been passed, in which case you suffer whatever it says in the sanctions.
I believe it has been said somewhere, that it drops relations with the elected Galactic Council. Which makes sense, they get elected with purpose of upholding, protecting or something like this.

So what are the best ways to maximize having diplomatic weight in the community?
Just be good at playing (tech, pops, economy, supremacist+huge navy), and maximise the number of your envoys so that you can send all of them to the GC for +10% each. If necessary, push the resolutions you desire to the top by calling in traded favours. And become council member.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Interstellar assembly also. And your diplomatic stance alters things too - see which one fits your situation.

Failing a resolution temporarily debuffs you but it's small. But getting favors isn't that tough.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So what are the best ways to maximize having diplomatic weight in the community?
At a certain point fleets outweigh everything else. So if you feel confident go into supremacy stance and build all the ships you can afford. If you manage to become custodian, build GDF ships, because they count for you as well with no upkeep.

Just be good at playing (tech, pops, economy, supremacist+huge navy), and maximise the number of your envoys so that you can send all of them to the GC for +10% each. If necessary, push the resolutions you desire to the top by calling in traded favours. And become council member.
Is adding envoys to the community helpful?

I ask because it seems that it is additive with all other bonuses you have, not multiplicative. So if you already have 10% bonus, it is taking you to a 20% bonus, not 21%

• 1Like
Reactions:
At a certain point fleets outweigh everything else. So if you feel confident go into supremacy stance and build all the ships you can afford. If you manage to become custodian, build GDF ships, because they count for you as well with no upkeep.
cooperative stance gives you a 25% bonus to diplo weight on top of what you got from fleet power, so if you wanna run the show you go with that.

Is adding envoys to the community helpful?

I ask because it seems that it is additive with all other bonuses you have, not multiplicative. So if you already have 10% bonus, it is taking you to a 20% bonus, not 21%
envoys gradually increase your weight, so always send at least one. if you have enough send more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same for Menacing Ships, before I lost 60ish years in an Ironman save my Crisis Fleet made me the most diplomatic in the GalCom (I was 9/28 before)