• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eurasia

HoI3 AI ExperimentAAR
70 Badges
Jun 21, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
Playing a Japanese AAR. In Late 1938 and have not joined Germany in an alliance. And neither has Italy. Somewhere I swear I read some information that stated that Italy will not join the Axis till Japan does. So I am wondering what happens if the Axis does not form before 1940. I also understand that the UK is hardwired to declare war on Germany sometime after 1940.

In other words will Italy join Germany on itself or will this AAR become a weird alternate timeline where the UK starts world war two?

I was fairly certain that the Italian AI would join an AI Germany at a roughly historical date, but that might not be until 1939.

Reactions:
Italy will join... Japan always does by itself but a tad later

Reactions:
Italy will join the Axis when its Neutrality is low enough. That usually happens after the Munich decision in late 1938, but may happen in early '38 after Anschluss, particularly if someone raises Threat on either France or the UK, or if Republican Spain wins the SCW.

Japan usually has a chance to join the Axis after triggering "Marco Polo Bridge", which lowers Japan's neutrality substantially.

Reactions:
Also taking align to diplomission at start helps a lot too. (and it saves Germany 2 diplo/day)

Reactions:
IIRC in FTM the rule is Japan can join the Axis once their Neutrality is down to 25. I believe it's the same for Italy. As Kovax says, adding threat to France lowers the Neutrality of Italy, so speeding their entry.

Also taking align to diplomission at start helps a lot too. (and it saves Germany 2 diplo/day)
Aligning to a faction will help if your country is NOT within 50 points of that faction's corner. If you're already within range, it won't change much of anything, other than saving the faction leader from spending (or wasting) Leadership points to pull you in or keep you there. Japan and Italy start well within the Axis' range, but Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria will need to either self-align or be dragged in to join.

Note that the US starts well within range to join the Allies, but its Neutrality is way too high to do so. The Axis CAN pull the US out of range through trade deals and diplomacy, but if/when Japan triggers "Pearl Harbor", the US will auto-join a faction by event, regardless of its position on the diplomatic triangle or neutrality.

Reactions: