• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sir-Rogers

Captain
91 Badges
Jun 19, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
Hello,

I am by no means an expert in Europa Universalis, so I came here to seek some advice. Now that I have restored Byzantium to its old glory - I am looking for a challenge. I would really like to have Ryukyu rule the world, but I need to understand cores & CB better.

First of all what would be the best CB to attack a country with, and is there any CB that gives you cores upon peace negotiation? Or is the only way to conquer with a core to go via events / fabricating claims?

I'm asking because it seems to me that the number one scarce resources are administrative points, so saving on these seems to be the number one issue for me at the time.

EDIT: I'm sorry I should've been clearer - I meant give claims, not cores, so that the time & cost of creating cores is reduced!

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Last edited:
-First of all what would be the best CB to attack a country with
Well, reconquest probably. If you've got cores on the entire world then that's ideal. But you won't have, so the best CB to use depends on the country and the situation.
-and is there any CB that gives you cores upon peace negotiation? Or is the only way to conquer with a core to go via events / fabricating claims?
No. Cores are really really rare in EU4, even in events and missions.

-OK - this is completely off-topic, but can Ryukyu change government form? I know changing government forms was possible in EU3, I haven't seen an option yet in EU4. I was thinking of changing to a monarchy and also changing religion - so that I could diplo-annex countries. Any thoughts on this would be quite welcome.
I think Ryuku is a monarchy to start with?
You can dilpo-annex vassals of different religions in EU4, you just can't dilpo-vassalise people from other religion groups because you can't marry them.

Not sure about the CB's I'm only about 50 hrs into the game but I believe the most effective way to gain cores is to vassalize a country and then give it land from warscore, keeping your total land higher and eventually annexing it once it has cored everything for you, could be more or less wrong on this as I have not tried it yet.

You can definitely change governments in the government tab (have to click in the top left ts pretty innocuous), you unlock more with administration tech.

Edited my first post. Ryukyu is indeed a Despotic Monarchy, I meant to say claims to create cores, not get cores right away.