• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Andromeda320

Recruit
6 Badges
Jun 28, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hi

As you can see, this cargo airport has 3 gates for planes parking but planes always use only one of them and it makes unnecessary traffic on the air and ground. Is there any way to fix it? İf don't, what is the difference between a small cargo airport and a cargo hub?
1616924774893.png

1616924809340.png

the hub has the train station inside it.

it's probably because the airports only have one runway. i bet there are cargo airport mods or assets on steam. there's nothing to stop you building more than one, just make sure they're very far apart.

the hub has the train station inside it.

it's probably because the airports only have one runway. i bet there are cargo airport mods or assets on steam. there's nothing to stop you building more than one, just make sure they're very far apart.
Actually, I did it but the aircraft did not use the 2nd runway and waiting for the queue for only one gate. I didn't find any fix for that maybe this airport has 3 gates but only 1 is operational.

I think they used the runway closest to where the enter the map.
Must be how the game works.
I saw on youtube someone had a modular airport which he constructed many runways and hangers.
All the planes landed the same one runway and took off from another same runway.
I think only two hangers were ever used

Reactions:
I think they used the runway closest to where the enter the map.
Must be how the game works.
I saw on youtube someone had a modular airport which he constructed many runways and hangers.
All the planes landed the same one runway and took off from another same runway.
I think only two hangers were ever used
I don't think it's about the runways. In fact, if the planes use all the doors at the airport, which are default in the game, there will be no such problem. The problem is that planes use only 1, although there are 3 stands/gates.

I don't think it's about the runways. In fact, if the planes use all the doors at the airport, which are default in the game, there will be no such problem. The problem is that planes use only 1, although there are 3 stands/gates.
There were seven gates, five which were not used. Planes stood in line waiting to use the same gate rather than use another one.
I would guess that each path onto the map and off is assigned a permanent landing runway, gate and exit runway.
As for the built-in airports, they may only have one real gate/hanger. The others are just in the model.