• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I look forward to these new events. I'm very curious... :D

Immigrants started to arrive in Quebec, many of them were bilingual, and the majority spoke some French. French speaking craftsmen from Switzerland and along the German border with France were attracted by the unrealised potential of Quebec. While Romanian, North Italian and French farmers and labourers were attracted to Quebec by its manpower shortage and zero unemployment. These groups due to both their small number and diversity found it quite easy to integrate into society.

Upon arrival in Quebec the craftsmen set about building factories based around the timber industry, with wood being the one easily obtained resource in Quebec the industry could be quite lucrative.

industrial2.jpg

With the increasing population and with it the tax base it was great news for the Interim Authority, they had been worried that the government may have to declare bankruptcy. The fact that the government was unable to fund anything but the most basic services would not be their problem for too much longer.

finances2.jpg

The electoral debates drew on, with Father Luc’s conservative views, biblical allegories accompanied by fire and brimstone and habit of referring to the glorious past impressing a large number of people. The United Empire Party floundered; it lacked direction and failed to differentiate itself from the Interim Authority. The Jardin Parti terrified more people than it managed to attract, particularly amongst the more recent immigrants.

When the election occurred the Parti Liberti took 66% of the vote outright making Father Luc the first Prime Minister of the Dominion of Quebec. His first act as leader was to send diplomats to France seeking both recognition and support

liberti.jpg

quarter of a million at this point :)

I have tested some more events to see how it goes. Without gaining any more land or factories or making more than a pound a day Quebec was coming 4th.

I'm kind of glad that party got chosen though, I had some events prepared for Father Luc, some fairly nasty ones actually :)

The best choice of the parties has one, but I don't like the sound of these 'nasty events'. I pray only the best for Father Luc.

I have actually started to write the next bit, but it will take longer.

I am doing actual research, like, without wikipedia :eek:

But wouldn't it make things dull if events were positive?

This is interesting. If you have questions ask, I'm from Québec and so are others as you know.

I don't think Québec has any chance of surviving. It's just a bunch of tundra. A common political theme here is separation from the rest of Canada - we missed our chance a while ago anyway so the point is useless but it still rises passions. I'm not for it, so I don't care, but yeah some national boo-hoos would get excited about this. Sorry guess I'm not the right guy for the job I guess D:

stealtherella said:
I have actually started to write the next bit, but it will take longer.

I am doing actual research, like, without wikipedia :eek:

But wouldn't it make things dull if events were positive?

Don't rush yourself, quality over quantity. :D

Iulius Scipio: If I can keep the right party in power at least Quebec can become a very well populated tundra :)

I think the thing that will determine how well I actually do will be how high I can keep relations with Britain, USA and France, or at least two of the three because I can see reasons to go to war with each of them eventually.

likk9922: Thats good advice :)

sniedermeier I think you might be right, but at the same time, Quebec's population has not increased that much when you look at the tax base...

Iulius Scipio In my research I have discovered that modern Quebec is the second highest ranked Canadian province in terms of GDP, putting it ahead of Alberta even with its petroleum industry :)

Just wandered in here, very good work so far.

In my research I have discovered that modern Quebec is the second highest ranked Canadian province in terms of GDP, putting it ahead of Alberta even with its petroleum industry

However Quebec also receives the most "equalization" money from the federal government as well. (Quebec's sort of like the youngest child in a family. Always demanding more and more and threatening to run away from home if it doesn't get it.)

Dasfubar said:
Just wandered in here, very good work so far.

However Quebec also receives the most "equalization" money from the federal government as well. (Quebec's sort of like the youngest child in a family. Always demanding more and more and threatening to run away from home if it doesn't get it.)

:p

In fact, we actually give more than we receive. But this is not the right place to discuss about that.

Just started readin, love it so far! :)

Dasfubar I was pretty proud of myself when I saw your avatar and immediately recognised the flag of Ontario. I dont even know my own states flag.

General Grant The reading you suggested really helped :)

Prinz Wilhelm Thank you :)

Next post coming today :)

stealtherella said:
Dasfubar I was pretty proud of myself when I saw your avatar and immediately recognised the flag of Ontario. I dont even know my own states flag.

Actually its the old Canadian flag from before 1965... The Ontarian and Manitoban flags are pretty much the same thing though. Only the coat of arms varies.

See here for details

Grant- Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just another typical Manitoban :p

Stumbled upon this late last night, just read through. Fun stuff :)
I hope M. Colère (great name :p) wins an election in his life time. Hopefully after you've got a solid alliance though :D

What version are you playing btw?

Filou said:
What version are you playing btw?

From the screenshot showing some Sioux lands on the first post, it must be VIP, though which version... I dunno ;)