Quarterly report (Q3) Q&A stream Tuesday Nov 14 at 12:00 noon CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Dear all,

Time flies when you are having fun and it’s soon time to release another quarterly report! We will release our Q3, 2017 report on Tuesday, Nov 14th at 8 am. At noon the same day, our CEO Fredrik and our CFO Andras will join you on our Twitch channel for our regular quarterly report stream. They’ll present the report itself and answer questions.

We will gather questions posted in this forum post before the stream, questions written in the stream chat and any questions e-mailed to ir@paradoxplaza.com. We will prioritise questions related to the report but time permitting they will also answer other questions.

The stream will be broadcasted via our Paradox Interactive channel on Twitch at 12pm (noon) CET. The stream is open for anyone to watch but you will need to create an account if you wish to post comments or questions in the chat. https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

So we hope you’ll join us on the 14th! It’s a great way to gain insight into Paradox beyond the numbers in the report.

Kind regards
Susana Meza Graham

I think I already know what you will answer at this point, but anyway, here are some questions... :)

I love that paradox can grow its player base on old products through DLC's and mods, but do you see a risk of the base game iteration being too late if the monthly active users start trending down at some point?

How do you later plan to transition over a large player base to a new iteration? For example CK2 -> CK3 etc? Will that be the definite end to the CK2 DLC's where you try to transition all the revenue over to the new product? What if the new product fail and the revenue would have been better keeping the old version?

Is there a conflict between DLC development and new games development in terms of finding enough good game developers?

Will you ever sell an IP that has been idle for too long?

Also, not a question, but please say something about China, PDX and Tencent! Anything!

I would like to know more about China affairs!

How will you make up your policy of not pursuing DLC content (for $$$) too hard that might make players that are interested in your products refrain from buying due to high price of all DLC combined, for already existing games and upcoming games. Maybe it's a working business model you have there, but there have been some talk of recent on both forum and steam that DLC milking is becoming too much and makes a negative impact for how customers view your company.

Something that jumped out at me from Fred's report at https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/interim-report-january-september-2017/ :-

I know you won't tell us, but it's amusing to wonder what project that might have been, whether it was in-house or not, whether it had a known codename, etc?

From the report (page 9) Write-downs of capitalised development amounted to SEK 6.4 (3.8) million, relating to a write-down of one project with a third party developer which have not yet been announced where the project has been cancelled.

Kind regards
Susana

From the report (page 9) Write-downs of capitalised development amounted to SEK 6.4 (3.8) million, relating to a write-down of one project with a third party developer which have not yet been announced where the project has been cancelled.

Kind regards
Susana
Oops! I obviously missed that - my bad.

Thanks for the quick answer, Susana. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.