QoL: CK3 needs a calendar function

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mindel

General
2 Badges
Jan 23, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
The game would be much easier to manage if the devs added one simple feature:

Make a list where the player can add/remove calendar dates and write a custom message for each entry. When the game reaches that date, it automatically pauses and displays the custom message.

This would make managing the education of a dozen children much less cumbersome. I can't imagine it would take more than half an hour to program it into the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The game would be much easier to manage if the devs added one simple feature:

Make a list where the player can add/remove calendar dates and write a custom message for each entry. When the game reaches that date, it automatically pauses and displays the custom message.

This would make managing the education of a dozen children much less cumbersome. I can't imagine it would take more than half an hour to program it into the game.

It'd be an excellent replacement for the long-lost message settings.

Reactions:
I can't imagine it would take more than half an hour to program it into the game.

I actually like the idea, but this line is hilarious. You think it takes 30 minutes to design a calendar UX, build the UI, get code support to implement it, set up all the localisation, thoroughly test it and then merge it into the main game?

Reactions:
I actually like the idea, but this line is hilarious. You think it takes 30 minutes to design a calendar UX, build the UI, get code support to implement it, set up all the localisation, thoroughly test it and then merge it into the main game?
30 minutes or less, according to the comment.

• 8Haha
Reactions:
It would be difficult (and, like everyone else mentioned, time-consuming) to mod in, but it could be done. As a suggestion for the base game, it'd need to be a game rule, probably - a lot of people would find the incessant messaging annoying, especially if they don't care or if they can keep track of this stuff themselves.

It would be difficult (and, like everyone else mentioned, time-consuming) to mod in, but it could be done. As a suggestion for the base game, it'd need to be a game rule, probably - a lot of people would find the incessant messaging annoying, especially if they don't care or if they can keep track of this stuff themselves.
Well, would there be incessant messaging if one didn't put any appointments on the calendar?

Reactions:
Well, would there be incessant messaging if one didn't put any appointments on the calendar?

Well, no, but that means that the modding/coding time increased even more, and the dev team seems pretty busy.

Well, no, but that means that the modding/coding time increased even more, and the dev team seems pretty busy.
I might be particularly dense today, but I don't see how any particular players rate of usage of a calendar, or any other feature, impacts developement time.

Any feature or change we might wish for has an opportunity cost. So by that argument we shouldn't ask for anything?

Last edited:
I might be particularly dense today, but I don't see how any particular players rate of usage of a calendar, or any other feature, impacts developement time.

Any feature or change we might wish for has an opportunity cost. So by that argument we shouldn't ask for anything?

Not really? I just meant that the devs likely want to focus on more content rather than stuff that's relatively minor. You should still ask for things that you want, but it might take a while for the devs to actually do anything. Near as I can figure, people care a lot more about things other than the calendar at the moment.

That being said, posting most of this post (minus the absurd "it'll only take half an hour!" claim) as a suggestion in the Suggestions forum might be a good idea.