• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Don't forget to both fill in your ballots if you have time to do so! ;)

I really meant to this time, but I didn't have time to read enough other AARs before the deadline, even though I know there is a lot of excellent work being done. :(

Results
Announcing our Q4 2017 ACA winners!

Starting by Europa Universalis IV, for which 15 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall and Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu, by @stnylan with 5 votes each
2nd: [1.22] Horses for a Kingdom : A Pontic AAR, by @fabiolundiense with 4 votes
3rd: Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR, by @JerseyGiants88 with 3 votes
4th: «From Augustus the Caesar…» — The Tale of the Tsars, by @Khanconette with 2 votes

Moving on to Crusader Kings II, for which 15 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14 with 10 votes
Joint 2nd: The Bold Prince, by @coz1 and Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter with 8 votes each
3rd: The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex, by @Asantahene with 5 votes
4th: Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, by @tpmcinty with 4 votes

The third category is that of Victoria 2, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN and Song Long Qi—An isolationist China AAR, by @Russiaruler with 4 votes each
Joint 2nd: Atlasii Steel and Blood, by @TheCreator901 and Baltic Lightning: a Grand Campaign AAR [Vic2 Branch], by @Centurial with 3 votes each
3rd: Forza Italia!, by @Jape with 2 votes
All other nominees received one vote each and thus ended up on a joint fourth place!

Continuing on to Hearts of Iron IV, for which 9 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Uranium for Uruguay, by @stnylan with 5 votes
2nd: Advance Britannia! - A Kaiserreich Restored United Kingdom AAR, by @George_VI with 3 votes
Joint 3rd: The Führer Goes Nuts! (again), by @Lordban, Long Live the Permament Revolution! - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR., by @ThaHoward and Hindsight 20/20: a Dutch narrative AAR, by @J_Master with 2 votes each
Here too, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint fourth place!

The next game is Stellaris, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: Grim Tomorrows: Selected Documents from the United Nations/Hoffman-Wutani Colonization Partnership, by @benacre and The First Century: A United Nations Stellaris AAR, by @cookfl with 4 votes each
Joint 2nd: What's left of us, what we became, by @Lordban, The Calling of Nharr - Stellaris Succession Game AAR, by @Nikolai and The iron march, by @Kamelot with 2 votes each
All other nominees in this category having received one vote, they share the joint third place!

Finally the last category in the AARland Choice Awards for this quarter, the one aptly named Other covering all other Paradox Development Studio games, for which 12 AARs from both Darkest Hour and Hearts of Iron III were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: “U-boats for Uruguay” a short TFH farce, by @markkur with 5 votes
Joint 2nd: Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3, Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter and Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44, by @El Pip with 3 votes each
Joint 3rd: “The Crown Atomic”: A Kaiserreich Cold War AAR (Canada and Entente), by @cookfl, The Alternate Scenario - Germany, by @Vonsson and A new Hungary, 1936 AAR, by @Lautipus with 2 votes each
In this category as well, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint fourth place!

With that having been posted, this round of the ACAs is finished. Thank you all for participating in this vote, it both allows to give some recognition to all the authors present on this board and keeps this general discussions section alive with activity. It has been a pleasure to host them as always and I look forward to seeing you next time when it will be time for the AARland Choice Awards for Q1 2018 later this spring. While you wait for that to happen though, I highly recommend that you check out out the YAYA's hosted by @coz1. Lastly, I naturally want to give my hearty congratulations to all AARs that were nominated!

- Loup, current host of the ACAs

Last edited:
Congratulations for all mentioned and indeed nominated in the first place. Particular thanks to @loup99 for once again running this excellent project. :):cool:

Very many thanks @loup99 for your continued organisation of the ACAs. It is no small effort in a busy life.

And many thanks for all the kind people who voted for my own scribblings. I certainly never expected Uruguay to do so well.

Congratulations to all winners :).

My congratulations to all the winners and nominees, @loup99 for organising this again and thanks @markkur for voting for my AAR :).
Deserved. You and @stnylan make me wish I had a better back and some free cash.;)

Congratulations to all the winners! Well deserved :)

Congratulations for all mentioned and indeed nominated in the first place. Particular thanks to @loup99 for once again running this excellent project. :):cool:

Very many thanks @loup99 for your continued organisation of the ACAs. It is no small effort in a busy life.

And many thanks for all the kind people who voted for my own scribbings. I certainly never expected Uruguay to do so well.
It's a magical land man.:)

Congratulations to all winners :).

Second all of the above.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominated! Good on all the voters: this seems to have been a healthy round with plenty of votes and many quality works nominated!:)

As always, thanks @loup99 for using some of your time to host these awAARds for AARland; we appreciated it greatly!:)

Well done everyone-I do love how we do these awards. It's so affirming

Good job!

We have a crop of truly deserving winners, don't we? Congratulations to everyone!

Congratulations to all the winners!

Thanks to @loup99 for arranging this once more. And thank you to all the voters. Congrats to everyone who made the top fours!

And special thank you to those that voted for my story! I did not expect to win in the ultra-competitive CK2 category and am truly thankful to those of you that voted for it. It means a great deal.

Congratulations to the organiser, @loup99 , to all the winners and runners-up and of course to all those who took the time to vote for their favorites!

Yes indeed, thank you very much @loup99 for organising and hosting, and thanks to all who made nominations -- at the very least, it really is an inspiration to keep writing these amazing stories.

Many congratulations to all of the winners and especially to @JabberJock14 for a well deserved victory in a very crowded field. I happily hand over the crown.

Thank you to all that voted, especially those that found mine worthy. And many thanks to @loup99 for putting all of this together. It is much appreciated.