• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolai

Basileus Romaion
78 Badges
Jun 17, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
With the year closing in, it's time for the last ACA of the year! Vote for the best AARs of Q4 2021, now folks!

The ACAs are as before hosted under the supervision of me, your friendly AAR fan Nikolai.

This time around you can vote for any AAR that had an update between October 1st, 2021 and December 31th, 2021 (inclusive). In other words, this ACA will cover Q4 2021.

Voting will start now and end in about five weeks, at 20.00 CET Sunday January 30th, 2022.

You may nominate up to four AARs for each of the following games:

Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings III
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Stellaris

and up to four additional games in the "Other" category, which includes all other Paradox Development Studio games not mentioned above.

Kindly use the following format:

[Name of game/"other"]
1. AAR name, author, URL
2. AAR name, author, URL
3. AAR name, author, URL
4. AAR name, author, URL

If an URL has already been posted once, there is no need to put it up again.

The deadline for voting is 20.00 CET Sunday January 30th, 2022.

With that said, it is now time for the voting to begin!

- Nikolai, host of the ACAs

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
1642789896017.jpeg

"filcat is rushing for 2021 Q4 ACAs, as he thought it was about to close for voting; then fortunately for him he realises that there is still one week left before the deadline."

[- or actually a battle scene of mounted archers, illustration from Jami al-Tawarikh - Compendium of Chronicles by Rashid al-Din Hamadani (1247-1318); Staatsbibliothek Berlin, Diez A fol. 70, p. 60]

Crusader Kings II
  1. To The Strongest - A Hellenistic Resurgence AAR by Eludio
  2. The People of the Forest by @Dunaden
  3. Earth above and Earth below - (CK2 Three Kingdoms narrative AAR) by @Sabratha
  4. Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury - A Slavic Pagan Revival AAR by Superstorm

Crusader Kings III
  1. The Lions of Olomouc: a CKIII Ironman AAR (Duchy of Moravia, 867) by Revan86
  2. Born to Breed: House of the Prophets by Peter Ebbesen
  3. Austria Ascendant: A Babenberg AAR by @bsmithers333
  4. REGNVM ROMANVM by @Simmy93

Europa Universalis IV
  1. The Thin Wedge of Europe by Revan86
  2. A Settled Steppe - The War Saint's Legacy (Gothic megacampaign, part II) by @alscon
  3. Russian Path (Suomenko Mega Campaign). Part II by @Gamov_Andrew
  4. Chronicles of the Wendish Empire - A CK3 to EU4 Megacampaign AAR by Nikolai

Victoria II
  1. The Rise of Russia by HistoryDude
  2. Annuntio Vobis: A Papal History of Italy by slothinator
  3. For All We Have and Are: Britain in the Great War by BigBadBob
  4. En la sombra de Morazán: A Central American AAR by Zeogludon

Hearts of Iron IV
  1. The Eastern Vikings, Part 4 - Baltic Megacampaign by RedTemplar
  2. A Royal Prerogative - A UK AAR by @Le Jones
  3. Boris & Brian - A Bulgaria Road to 56 AAR by @jak7139
  4. DYEUS by @Hanokh

Stellaris
  1. Songs of the Saiiban - A Poetic AAR by Chilango2
  2. Onward, Toward Perfection (Anthology of the Enclave of Eternity) WIP by Quinzal
  3. Stellaris Wars: A Nemesis Ironman Saga by Arithmetician
  4. HaMaadimi Imperium by CBR JGWRR

Other
  1. A Gentleman's War: The Middle-East Command (HoI3 TFH - UK AAR) (HoI3) by Eurasia
  2. Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 (HoI3) by @Bullfilter
  3. Tokyo, '45, An Australian AAR (HoI3) by @37th Armoured div

Edit: Removed two user-mentions to avoid multiple-citation redundancy.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The vote count really has been low this time around. And I have so much going on in my lofe with health issues and fulltime work on top, so I haven't been pushing it much either I'm afraid. I'm very grateful for all votes in so far, thoigh!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The vote count really has been low this time around.
That is an unfortunate situation, and understandable considering the current times.

And I have so much going on in my lofe with health issues and fulltime work on top, so I haven't been pushing it much either I'm afraid.
Have no worries if there is any; of course health, family, and work will always have the priority. After all the priorities, and incredibly even during very busy times you manage to conduct the quarterly award-sessions. That is extraordinary; your efforts do and will forever deserve kudos.

So no need to push for it. That is only a silly-funny music to listen to while working. Or studying. No need to push it... push it... what was this? Oh no... Must - resist - the - urge...

Sigh.

[The author sincerely apologises for the slight derailing-attempt by this distraction. Well, it was too good to miss.]

Heh. Anyway, best wishes with everything, and hoping relaxed - low-stress - tranquil days for you to rest. Cheers!

[*] Push It to the Limit, from the soundtrack of Scarface (d. Brian de Palma) by Paul Engemann (1983)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wonderful music, perfect when the hour is late and I just need some energy. :D

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
CK2
1. To the Strongest, @Eludio
2. Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury, @Superstorm
3. Kings First Minster, @El Pip
4. Avon Las Observes, @Midnite Duke

HOI4
1. Boris and Brian - A Bulgaria Road to 56 AAR, @jak7139
2. The Permanent Revolution Lives On! - Trotskyist AAR, @ThaHoward
3. The Greater Central America Co-Prosperity Sphere: An Expansionist Cuba AAR, @Qwaszx54321
4. Imperial Cheese, @TheButterflyComposer

Victoria 2
1. Annuntio Vobis, @slothinator
2. En la Sombra de Morazon, @Zeogludon
3. The Rise of Russia, @HistoryDude

Other
1. One and Indivisible (A Russian Kaiserreich AAR), @Aussie Perun
2. Talking Turkey, @Bullfilter
3. Tokyo, '45, An Australian AAR, @37th Armoured div
4. A Gentlemen's War, @Eurasia

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Crusader Kings II
1. Avon Las Observes by @Midnite Duke
2. "A weed grows, where sown it was not" - Middle Earth AAR by @Sabratha https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-not-a-middle-earth-aar.1142487/post-25013424
3. Blut und Schlache (Blood and Battle) by @Bullfilter https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-battle-a-learners-saga.1045928/post-23317390
4. The King's First Minister by @El Pip

Europa Universalis IV

1. Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-eu-rome-vae-victis-aar.1102893/post-24320793

Victoria II

1. Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteen Century @volksmarschall https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-long-nineteenth-century.981654/post-22085483

Other
1. Talking Turkey: Alternate History From 1936 by @Bullfilter https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ernate-history-from-1936.996127/post-22351921
2. 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3 https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/odin-and-stalins-secret-committee.1000475/post-22445525

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I want to start by thanking @Nikolai for taking the time to do this labor. Also, for giving me freedom from copying and pasting so that I do not break the forum (grumpy old man benefit #11). I will mention a few people who started their AAR in January and are not eligible this time but are big time threats in Q1: @Nikolai is invading outer space and @Black Watch is in EU4 Philippines. I always run out of CK2 slots, so I want to mention that @Bullfilter and @Dunaden have excellent Russian CK2 campaigns but I am going to honor them elsewhere.

HoI3 (aka Other):
1. Talking Turkey by @Bullfilter. It celebrated its fifth birthday earlier this week and has generated almost four hundred thousand views. Turkish SuperPower!​
CK2
1. Road of Queens by @Eurasia. It will celebrate its fifth birthday in July and has over three hundred thousand views. He even has sub games from other mods.​
2. Song of the Karlings by @LPDK 356. It had its first birthday in December and has fifteen thousand views. I feel like an uncle as I was the first commenter.​
3. A weed grows, where sown it was not by @Sabratha. This is over three years old with over ten thousand views. It has only recently been recovered after @Sabratha thought that the mod was broken.​
4. Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury by @Superstorm. It started in August and has had eight thousand views. He has had to overcome computer problems.​
CK3
1. The Legacy of Uhtred by @Dunaden. Its first birthday was in October and has been viewed thirty thousand times. Anglo-Saxon Britain.​
2. Born to Breed by @Peter Ebbesen. It was started last April and has been seen over eight thousand times. If anyone wants any advice on handling women, please see Sverker.​
3. The Secret of the Bargas by @filcat. It started in March and has attracted six thousand views. He writes a 4-D chess while I am reading Chinese checkers.​
Vicky2
1. The Rise of Russia by @HistoryDude. Its first birthday was the 9th and has been seen five thousand times. He has not reached the Vicky era yet.​
2. Empire for Liberty by @volksmarschall. Over five years old was almost two hundred thousand views.​
3. Chronicles of the Wendish Empire in a Changing World by @Nikolai. Started in November and moved to Stellaris with three thousand views.​
4. Echoes of a New Tomorrow by @DensleyBlair. The Worker's Britain celebrated two years last July and has been seen over two hundred thousand times.​
EU4
1. A Tale as Old as Time by @ibicko. It started in June and has attracted eight thousand views. Mega-campaign with different nations.​
2. A Settled Steppe by @alscon. It started in October and has been seen three thousand times. Mega-campaign that will soon reach outer space.​
3. Italian Ambitions by @JerseyGiants88. The sixth birthday will be in March and has almost three hundred thousand views. This was my first encounter with an excellent narrative rather than game play on the forums.​
HoI4
1. Savages of Utah by @RustyHunter. It started in August and has had five thousand views. My favorite HoI AARs and LPs seem to be in non-WW2 time frame.​
Stellaris
1. The Last Heroes by @Macavity116. This is the final installment of the Storm Breaker Universe. It begun in December and has attracted almost a thousand views. @Macavity116, also has narrated YouTube videos for anyone who does not want to read his wonderful prose.​
I wish to thank all of the above authors for brightening my life by sharing their gift with me. I encourage anyone who has not voted to please vote before Sunday's deadline. I wish to thank everyone (most of the above) who have participated in my AAR.

• 6Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
You were, @Bullfilter , but I hadn't started counting yet, so I'll add it in. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: