• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CK2
The Heavy Crown by @coz1
The Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (a Holly Fury AAR) by @Groogy
A New Round Table by @General_BT
Fight for the colonies by @abian363

EU4
One Empire to rule them all by @Tom D.
The Eagle, the Pomegranate, the Cross, the Crescent by @Mr. Capiatlist
Europa: in the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings by @volksmarschall

HOI4
England lives... and marches on by @alex man142
Learn to play - 2nd round - A germany AAR by @Jeremy971 (a mix between gameplay and historical aar)
Tip the Scales by @Total Peace
Hindsight 20/20 by @J_Master

Other
Civis Romanus Sum by @Bullfilter

I probably miss a lot of great AARs. Some because of the limit of 4 votes, some because I'm not sure they were updated during the time considered. I don't have much time this week-end to check and I wanted to add my vote before the deadline.
Thanks @loup99 :)

I've been active on the forums for a only couple months, and I've just now discovered the ACA's are a thing. Please let me shine a spotlight on a really good AAR that deserves recognition:

Stellaris
1. A Galaxy Awakes: An Only Primitives AAR by Mob_Cleaner

My apologies for the short number of AARs listed here; it turns out that many of the would-be nominees are either very recent or last updated in the first half of the year.

Stellaris

Victoria II

Other

Other (the important category)
Crossfires by @AtlanticFriend Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday
Talking Turkey: Alternate History From 1936 by @Bullfilter Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts
Against All Odds by @trekaddict Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Stellaris
Flowers of Earth by @react0rman The Flowers of Earth

CK2
The Wolves of Westsexna - A tale of Wessex by @Asantahene The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex.
Blut und Schlacht (Blood And Battle): A Learner's Saga by @Bullfilter Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga

Vicki2
The Liberty Bell Rings by @trekfan - The Liberty Bell Rings: The Story of The Free American Commonwealth

As always I feel a bit sorry for anyone in "Other" that isn't HOI3/2 because they have not got a hope. But then it seems there is no-one in that category except @Bullfilter plugging away in EU:Rome so perhaps it doesn't matter.

Just checking since we're well into Q4, but are the results coming in the Podcast with the Year-End ACAs?

I don't want to speak for @loup99 but the discussion of the podcast right now is over that very thing. :) We are working on scheduling to get one out by the end of the year which will definitely include these results, whether posted on forum or no. ;)

As @coz1 rightly pointed out, the Q3 results will be synchronised with the podcast (but also naturally posted here separately once the podcast is done for those who prefer the text format or want to have both). So keep an eye on that thread if you want to follow how it progresses.

Thanks, gents!

Results
As promised, announcing our Q3 2018 ACA winners!

Starting by Europa Universalis IV, for which 7 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: A Game for Lisan: Belgium, by @stnylan and One Empire to rule them all - A Brandenburg into Prussia into German Empire AAR, by @Tom D. with 6 votes each
2nd: The Third Odyssey - An Elysian Tale, by @Crimson Lionheart with 5 votes
Joint 3rd: Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall and The Eagle, the Pomegranate, the Cross, and the Crescent - Tales from the Wars of Romes, by @Mr. Capiatlist with 4 votes each
4th: The World is our Oyster. Story of Portugal, by @hjarg with 2 votes

Moving on to Crusader Kings II, for which 17 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex], by @coz1 with 7 votes
Joint 2nd: Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14 and Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter with 6 votes each
3rd: Road of Queens - CKII India AAR, by @Eurasia with 5 votes
4th: Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, by @tpmcinty with 3 votes

Going forward there is Victoria 2, for which 7 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century, by @volksmarschall with 6 votes
2nd: The Hohenzollern Kings of America-A HFM Victoria II AAR, by @Baltimorehero33 with 4 votes
Joint 3rd: The Age of Brass: A Spanish AAR, by @RossN and Trek Wars: The Final Frontier Strikes Back, by @diskoerekto with 3 votes each
All other nominees received one vote each and thus ended up on a joint fourth place!

Continuing on to Hearts of Iron IV, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: Long Live the Permament Revolution! - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR., by @ThaHoward and In Flanders Fields: A Kaiserreich AAR as Belgium, by @SibCDC with 4 votes each
2nd: England Lives...and Marches on! - A Kaiserreich Story, by @alex man142 with 3 votes
Joint 3rd: Baltic Lightning: a Grand Campaign AAR [HOI4 Branch], by @Centurial and The Sleeping Giant Awakens: A USA Kaiserreich AAR, by @History_Buff with 2 votes each
Here too, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint fourth place!

The next game is Stellaris, for which 9 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (Or Not), by @Nikolai with 6 votes
2nd: A Galaxy Awakes: An Only Primitives AAR, by @Mob_Cleaner with 5 votes
3rd: The History of the Sol Republic, by @Kautz with 4 votes
Joint 4th: On Azure Wings - An Apocalypse AAR, by @RossN and A Never Ending Struggle - A Human Stellaris AAR, by @crisrko with 2 votes each

Finally the last category in the AARland Choice Awards for this quarter, the one aptly named Other covering all other Paradox Development Studio games, for which 12 AARs from EU:Rome, Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron III were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR), by @Bullfilter with 6 votes
2nd: Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, by @Wraith11B with 5 votes
3rd: Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter with 4 votes
Joint 4th: Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday, by @AtlanticFriend and American AAR : AI Experiments In HoI3, by @Eurasia with 3 votes each

These results conclude this round of the ACAs. A big thank you to all who participated in this vote and my congratulations to all AARs that were nominated! We have many excellent winners in all categories, and having an AAR nominated is always a honour for the authAARs. Thank you also for your patience while waiting for these results to be published. With that said, I hope to see you again voting for the next round, which is already up and running! Vote before February 10th for Q4.

- Loup, host of the ACAs

PS: If you haven't already you can also check out the Episode Zero of the AARland podcast which features a mention of all first place winners in the different categories.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all winnAARs, and thanks for all the votes for the Sithrandir!:)

Congratulations to all

Congratulations to all the winners, participants and voters and thank you @loup99 for hosting this contest!

congratulations everyone!

Congrats to all winners and nominees. Most of all, thanks to @loup99 for running these and bravo on you and the rest of the team on the podcast! A milestone for the Forums. :):cool:

Many congratulations to all who received votes, many thanks to all who voted, and especial thanks to @loup99 for running the show

My congratulations to all the winners, nominees and the voters and special thanks to those who voted for my AAR, always an honour - also thanks to @loup99 for organising once again, will get to the podcast when I find the time!

Congratulations to everyone! Remember - even just getting a vote means people out there read and like your stuff!

Congratulations everyone! Thank you for all the votes for The Third Odyssey - An Elysian Tale and for those who voted and participated, I'm proud of every single writer here and this community. Thank you @loup99 for organizing this contest

Congratulations to all the winners, including those lucky few who found success in the 'Other' Category, truly the most prestigious of all the groups. :D

My hearty congratulations to all of my fellow writAARs for their respective victories, and thanks for those who voted for my own work!