• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, my votes for the 3rd Quarter. All the AARs have been mentioned before, so I’ll just tag the user names below.

CK2

Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14
Still catching up, but this one has everything. Always riveting, great characters and dialogue. Wonderful engagement with readers. Engrossing.

Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia
Amusing, engaging, prolific, addictive. Despots and Buddhist Greeks in India! What more do you want?

The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex by @Asantahene
Great story telling, excellent characters, episodic approach that works well. Go Wulfryth!

Ƕar Baris Standiþ — A Hypothetical East Germanic AAR by @A Yorks
Linguistics, lyricism, great attention to the period, history, culture and religion. Quality.

Other – HOI3

'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3
A very novel approach, with stats, characters, stories, Soviet Aircraft Carriers and a bold approach to using the AI. Barbarossa will be a cracker!

“U-boats for Uruguay” a short TFH farce by @markkur
Light-hearted, very different, well-thought out invisibility shtick. Though the farce is now approaching medium length! :):p

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44
by El Pip
Ah, it's El Pip, starring Tiso and Tuka. You just gotta!

Honourable mentions:

The Bold Prince by @coz1 (CK2)
Just haven’t had a chance to read it yet - it makes me feel somewhat inadequate not having done so! :eek: But I will do when I get up to speed on the other CK2 AARs that I’m only just getting to grips with now. I read the first few entries and will definitely be coming back for more.

The Little Dux by @TheButterflyComposer
I really also wanted to include this under CK2 – it is still relatively young, but is developing. Some lovely and very clever writing. I suspect I will be nominating it in the next ACAs. TBC's more established Empire of Albion is also a great read.

HOI3. There are a bunch of newer AARs that have just come out more recently on HOI3 that are worth watching, but the three I’ve nominated stood out for me, all for different reasons. I may be nominating some of those new ones for the next ACAs if they can establish a similar body of work. Keep up the good work guys - and I really encourage those who haven't had a look at the HOI3 forum (for a while, or ever) to give it a try if you like your WW2. It's still alive and kicking!

And to anyone I read and comment on but haven’t nominated here - I'm sorry! :oops: I love your work too or I would be doing so. Only so much room to nominate here, and I'm also nominating not just for quality, but also for sustained contribution and audience/reader engagement (including responses to comments and willingness to have a conversation). And then there's the luck of the draw - there is always lots of great stuff out there and only so much time to sample it, especially if you actively write and comment too. So a big thank you to all writAARs!

Is voting closed now? It's been over one month.:) In any case, I'd like to give a big thank you to @loup99 for organizing this endavour! :)

Is voting closed now? It's been over one month.:) In any case, I'd like to give a big thank you to @loup99 for organizing this endavour! :)
I believe voting is still open until the 12th. Hope so as I still want to add to my ballot if I can. :)

The deadline has not changed, it is the exact same as I announced originally.
The deadline for voting is November 12th at 8 PM (+1 GMT).
So you still have the time to fill in ballots or join the voting! ;)

I'll try my best to get my ballot uploaded in time.:)

CK2:

Road of Queens - CKII India AAR, by @Eurasia
Valyrian Steel: A Game of Thrones Mod AAR, by @Henry v. Keiper
Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter
The Bold Prince, by @coz1

Eu4:

Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall
«From Augustus the Caesar…» — The Tale of the Tsars, by @Khanconette
Atlas Universalis I EUIV Megacampaign AAR, by @TheCreator901
Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR, @JerseyGiants88

Victoria 2:

Forza Italia!, by @Jape
L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN
The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Fallen Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign in New World Order, by @zenphoenix
Empire of the Mediterranean: An Interactive Hispania AAR, by @Michaelangelo and fellow contributing writers

Stellaris:

Stellaris: The Jeremiad, by @volksmarschall

Edit: I noticed that @Uriah's AAR had not been updated recently enough to be eligible, so I have removed it.

Other (HoI3):

'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3
Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter
“U-boats for Uruguay” a short TFH farce, by @markkur
Early to War: 1936 Germany With Itchy Trigger Fingers (HPP), by @Rensslaer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am aware that it is hard to pick a single author to an iAAR, but my vote for EotM is meant as a thank you to @Michaelangelo for organising it (and for his well-written ICs as well) and also to the other contributAARs who don’t have their own AARs to show off in. ;)

Well then, here's my votes. I only really frequent the Hearts of Iron forums, so I'm afraid there aren't any AARs from the other games on my list.

Hearts of Iron IV
  1. Cripple & Collapse: Green Alert - KR Transamur AAR by @Emperor Ike
  2. A Fair Deal for America: A Kaiserreich AAR by @Bored Student1414
  3. Royaume de France - Back from the Dead by @historykid1942
  4. The Sleeping Giant Awakens: A USA Kaiserreich AAR by @History_Buff
Other AARs
  1. Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 (Hearts of Iron III) by @El Pip

I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who's nominated my AAR for the ACAs, and good luck to everyone.

I have very recently discovered the existence of ACA's (thank you @Eurasia for publicising them in your signature)
So, here are my votes, just in time for the deadline
This list is surely incomplete and biased towards what I have discovered (and kept reading, but I keep reading what I find to be the best anyway). My time on the forum is limited and I cannot read everything.

There are some others I read, but they are quite fresh, and may be included in my nominations for the next ACA's if they become more substantial.

Thanks to those who nominated my AAR, and also to those who didn't, for voting.
I will be sure to vote again next time around, the ACA sure seem like a good way to highlight the better longer lasting AAR's on this forum, and I will surely return to this page if I feel like reading another AAR...
Best of luck and may the odds be ever in your favour.

I have very recently discovered the existence of ACA's (thank you @Eurasia for publicising them in your signature)

I am pretty sure that you did not discover it from my signature but thanks. I am more then willing to take the credit. Does the credit come with cookies or cupcakes? ;)

I am pretty sure that you did not discover it from my signature but thanks.

You are right, I didn't, I discovered it when my AAR was first nominated, but your Signature was quite helpful in keeping sight of the deadline, so you are at least somewhat responsible for my participation on this page.

Does the credit come with cookies or cupcakes? ;)

Sadly, it does not. Unless you want to meet up somewhere in Brussels, then it may come with chocolate, beer, and/or french fries from the nearest 'frietkot'...

leonidas-santiago-blauw-met-42-pralines.jpg
Here is a picture of a box of Belgian chocolate treats or 'pralines' for you. If we ever meet IRL I'll make sure to buy you a similar one, until then, just stare at the picture and imagine the taste...​

Well, I have to apologise now, because @markkur kept me up to date for the ACAs more than @Eurasia . You American flag people confuse me... Also, chocolates are also for you @markkur ...

EU4:
Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu - stnylan

CK II:
The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex - Asantahene
Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga- Bullfilter
The Empire of Albion - TheButterflyComposer
Incest, Nomads, and Towers, Oh My! A Zoroastrian AAR - TheGryphon

Victoria 2:
Forza Italia - Jape
A Pleasant Empire - Antiboyscout
The Man and The Hour - Jamesmelt1
Land of the Honest People - Le Pix

Other:
"U-boats for Uruguay" a short TFH farce - markkur

A few tricky choices for me there as I decided I didn't want to nominate the same author more than once. I'm sure it was fine in the rules, it just didn't seem right to me.

Well, I have to apologise now, because @markkur kept me up to date for the ACAs more than @Eurasia . You American flag people confuse me... Also, chocolates are also for you @markkur ...
:D I'm sharing the whole box with everyone here...save any dark-chocolate w/ almond.;)