• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote

loup99

Godogost of Armorica
84 Badges
Jan 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
We are back with yet another round of the ACAs, this time for the second quarter of 2019. This round will be the first where Imperator: Rome features as a category, so I hope we can get a few nominations there. As always, don't hesitate to spread the word by posting about the ACAs in your AARs and your signatures.

Voting will start now and end in five weeks (see the date below). All AARs updated between April 1st 2019 and June 30th 2019 (inclusive) are eligible for nominations. You may nominate up to four AARs for each of the following games:

Europa Universalis IV
Crusader Kings II
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Stellaris
Imperator: Rome

and up to four additional games in the "other" category, which includes all other Paradox Development Studio games not mentioned above. Kindly use the following format:

[Name of game/"other"]
1. AAR name, author, URL
2. AAR name, author, URL
3. AAR name, author, URL
4. AAR name, author, URL

If an URL has already been posted once, there is no need to put it up again.

The deadline for voting is August 4th at 8 PM (+1 GMT).

With that said, it is now time for the voting to begin!

- Loup, host of the ACAs

Last edited:
Great to see the new round up! Thanks @loup99 !

I'll start as I always do with CKII and add as I go along... (all works in alpha order by author)...

CKII:

Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga by @Bullfilter
Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia
Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14
Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty

This was very difficult for a number of reasons. One, I feel like we vote for the same people all the time with long ongoing works but if they remain of great quality, I cannot drop them. That said, I think maybe we lose the chance to reward newer or smaller works and I wish I could reward them as well. Each of the above had great scenes during this last quarter and they all deserve the nod. So too do a lot of others. CKII is tough!

EUIV:

The World is our Oyster. Story of Portugal by @hjarg
Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88
Pax Americana or Guarantor of Peace as USA (England start 1.26 on VH) by @mackwolfe
Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings by @volksmarschall

Not easier but made more simple by the lack of continuous work. I found a lot of interesting titles started over the last three months, but few of them kept it up. The above have kept going and deserve some praise.

Vickie II:

The Most Sublime Porte - An Ottoman AAR by @Riotkiller
The Age of Brass: A Spanish AAR by @RossN
Bleu, Blanc et Rouge: A History of France in Three Colors by @slothinator
Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century by @volksmarschall

This category was made much more simple because all eligible works were all on the first page. :eek: All four above are definitely worthy, but come on, Vickie! Drink your tea and let's go. :D

HoI4:

England Lives...and Marches on! - A Kaiserreich Story by @alex man142
The Sleeping Giant Awakens: A USA Kaiserreich AAR by @History_Buff

I'm sad to say, and am still looking, but the features in HoI4 are slim pickings. No disrespect to anyone writing there, but I look for longer works rather than just started. In 3 months time, I hope that many of the newer works are still going strong, but for now I have to look back and see what has been. 2 AARs I want to nominate are not eligible and the rest barely get past page 6. :eek:

Stellaris:

The Red Star by @Dodge
The Third Time Is The Charm - The Many Children of Earth by @Kylia Quilor
Faith in Chaos - A Stellaris Story by @Macavity116
From England to America - Space by @silentsam5

Not easy! Some good works but still, many of them new. 2 I wished to vote for have not updated since March. These 4, however, I feel confident about. Well done all!

Imperator: Rome:

Rebirth of a Nation - an Etruscan Tale by @hjarg
All Rhodes Lead to Rome by @Nikolai
An Empire in the West: A Syracuse AAR by @RossN
"To the Strongest" : An Antigonid AAR by @TreizeV

I have to agree with some previous voters on this one. A clever title, some great writing and even an old member come back! :) Good all the way round!

Other:

Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday (HoI2) by @AtlanticFriend
Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 (HoI3) by @Bullfilter
Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 (HoI3) by @El Pip
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts (HoI3) by @Wraith11B

Not as easy as you'd think. I think HoI2 is finally ready to give up the ghost. Only five works with comments in the last three months and not all of them with actual story. HoI3, however...still chugging along. 10 works in the last quarter that find update and/or activity. These are my choices and I stand by them. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Here we go again....

Crusader Kings II - There is TOO many of them!!!

1. Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, @tpmcinty, Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR
2. A Medieval Quantum Leap - CK2 Succession AAR, @jonjowett, A Medieval Quantum Leap - CK2 Succession AAR (Saw this idea a lot in the older parts of the Order Of The Stick forums - and a few times on YouTube)
3. The Little Dux, @TheButterflyComposer, The Little Dux (It's BACK!)
4. Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner's Saga, @Bullfilter, Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga

Victoria II - Also too many!

1. The Yellow Rose - A Texas AAR, @PresidentStorm, The Yellow Rose - A Texas AAR (Making the impossible possible - no, really, I watched a YouTuber explain how Texas becoming independent was one alternate history idea that could never of happened in real life no matter how you slice it)
2. Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century, @volksmarschall, Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century
3. Seven Nations, One State: South Africa in the Age of Victoria, @LiveAtBirdland, Seven Nations, One State: South Africa in the Age of Victoria
4. The Hohenzollern Kings of America-A HFM Victoria II AAR, @Baltimorehero33, The Hohenzollern Kings of America-A HFM Victoria II AAR

Hearts of Iron IV

1. A Historical Invasion of Poland - AAR, @General Von Trapp, A Historical Invasion of Poland - AAR

Stellaris

1. From England to America - Space, @silentsam5, From England to America - Space (How many thousands of years will this story end up being?)
2. An Army with a Stars: Rise of Galactic Empire, @Vlad_Dracul1989, An Army with a Stars: Rise of Galactic Empire (Dun Dun Dun-Dun Dun Dun-Dun Dun Dun-Dun...)

1.One night in Olbia..., @stnylan, One night in Olbia... (The Tigger mug is the clear choice...)

Other - Too MANY!

1. Civis Romanus Sum (A EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR), @Bullfilter, Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR)
2. Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, @Bullfilter, Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 (Keep your Communist Trouble Makers out of my HoI3 AAR!)
3. 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, @roverS3, 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee
4. Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, @Wraith11B, Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts

PS - May I suggest a new category of FIRST TIME AUTHOR'S AARS? Just a suggestion tossed out there.

Also, sorry about EU IV but I can't seem to get into the game (it makes my PC grumble) so none of the AARs really hook me.

Last edited:
Victoria II

@PresidentStorm, The Yellow Rose - A Texas AAR
@volksmarschall, Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century
@slothinator Bleu, Blanc et Rouge: A History of France in Three Colors
@zenphoenix The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Rising Phoenix

Crusader Kings II

@Bullfilter, Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga
@TheButterflyComposer, The Little Dux
@Eurasia, Road of Queens

Hearts of Iron IV

@SibCDC, The Path of Peace
@alex man142, Keep Your Rifle by Your Side

@stnylan One night in Olbia...
@Nikolai The Lucanian Wars
@RossN An Empire in the West: A Syracuse AAR
@Nikolai All Rhodes Lead to Rome

and now for the most important category...
OTHER

@roverS3, 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee
@Bullfilter, Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR)
@Eurasia American AAR: AI Experiments in HoI3
@El Pip Inevitable Defeat

--------
@LordDamien, the best way I like to work it is just copy and paste from other's posts; the links will populate correctly. If you're linking to an AAR that hasn't been nominated: write out the title, copy the URL, and in the reply box, there's a button that looks like two "c" or a chain. Click that and a dialog box opens asking for the url. Paste the link in there... OR you can copy paste the thread's listing on the forum page itself and it will also work (but it will be in bold).

Excellent to see so many votes! Already 3/4ths to equaling the last round! :)

I sadly do not have enough time to follow all of the incredible AAR's that this incredible community has been creating however there is one that I truly feel deserves attention.

This After Action Report truly had me at the edge of my seat with every single Chapter.

Stellaris:

1. Faith In Chaos - A Stellaris Story By @Macavity116

Another that I have been following closely and enjoying every single update of is

2. Towards Blue Skies - A Realistic UNE Story By @Charger243
As even though Towards Blue Skies is relatively new I think it has been an incredible experience reading about it thus far