• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Crusader Kings II
1. Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle) : A Learner's Saga by @Bullfilter (He seems to be a fast learner)
2. Avon Las Observes by by @Midnite Duke (Which is a AAR in which he reports the crazy things that happen when the player is just chilling)
3. CK2AGOT - Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons by @Thaiga (Mods really does change the whole game like how I played as a Spartan King once in my AAR - to be honest if I had known there was a Witcher Mod or Middle Easth Mod before I started my CK2 AAR I would have used that!)

Crusader Kings III
The only AAR I have started to watch just started so...nothing to add.

Other
1. Talking Turkey: Alternate Histiory from 1936 by @Bullfilter
2. 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3

• 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Haven't been around much this past month (still need to post the next chapter for the People of the Forest), but wanted to at least recognize a few standout AARs I have been following from the last quarter.

CK3

The Lions of Olomouc: a CKIII Ironman AAR (Duchy of Moravia, 867) by @Revan86
Crowns of the Levant by @Werther

CK2

In the Shadow of the Ancients - An Assyrian AAR by @Tommy4ever
The Last Days of the Han (Three Kingdoms AAR) by @Zamarak500
The Long Yarn: Newfoundland's Late Heroic Age (After The End Fan Fork AAR) by @Knud_den_Store

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Less than two days left now folks. :) Please vote if you haven't. :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Going in reverse order for a change… Which may have everything or nothing to do with the fact it means Talking Turkey gets to go top of the pile, as is its right.

Other
Talking Turkey, by @Bullfilter
King of Kings, by @RustyHunter
The Presidents, by @Nathan Madien
The Butterfly Effect, by @El Pip

Stellaris
Shattered Glass, by @Von Acturus
Songs of the Saiiban, by @Chilango2

Hearts of Iron IV
Poles Apart, by @Bullfilter
A Royal Prerogative, by @Le Jones
The Eastern Vikings, Part Four, by @RedTemplar
Imperial Cheese, by @TheButterflyComposer

Victoria II
The Russian Path, Part Three, by @Gamov_Andrew
The Rise of Russia, by @HistoryDude
For All We Have and Are, by @BigBadBob
Empire for Liberty, by @volksmarschall

Europa Universalis IV
The Wars of the Roses, by @coz1
The Thin Wedge of Europe, by @Revan86

Crusader Kings III
The Secret History of the Bargas, by @filcat
The Life of Brian, and Other Stories, by @TheButterflyComposer
The Unexpected Noble Descendant, by @Jestor
The Lions of Olomouc, by @Revan86

Crusader Kings II
Avon Las Observas, by @Midnite Duke
Louping All Over Aquitaine, by @coz1
In the Shadow of the Ancients, Part One, by @Tommy4ever

Thanks @Nikolai for hosting once again, and sorry not to have voted sooner. Or I would be, if voting late didn't oh so conveniently mean I don't have to bother with hyperlinks. ;)

A few AARs I wanted to vote for, then sadly realised just how long it's been since they were last updated. Other than that, a very healthy showing this time around! Lots of great stuff on the go at the moment.

• 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
All right, let's do this. Here are my votes for the ACA's. I'm quite busy so no big speeches. Take it away @Nikolai !

Crusader Kings II
Road of Queens - CKII India AAR

Crusader Kings III
The Life of Brian, and Other Stories
Avon Las Observes

Europa Universalis IV
Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR

Victoria II
Echoes of A New Tomorrow: Life after Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain

Hearts of Iron IV
A Royal Prerogative - A UK AAR

Other
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts
Days of Infamy - Japan BICE 11.2
Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936
A Gentleman's War : The Middle-East Command (HoI3 TFH - UK AAR)

Honorable mentions
The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR got very close to a vote for posting 2 updates in one quarter.
Quick and Dirty 2: A Soviet Resurgence and WW3 (HOI3 - March 1944 start) still great, both as a gameplay AAR as as an experiment in how to make reporting on global war from the Soviet point of view somewhat quick, a struggle I definitely share.
King of Kings - An Iran HPP AAR Started a bit late in the quarter, is a top contender for Q3 imo.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Been fairly hectic myself, so not had a chance to do as much reading as I'd like but want to take part in the community! A big thanks to @filcat for the early vote for Wings of Faith and to @Nikolai for setting this up. It'll sadly be a short list from me, though that is because of IRL absorbing all my time. I have so many I want to read - we have a lot of talented writers here!

CK2
Blut und Schlacht by @Bullfilter
To The Strongest - A Hellenistic Resurgence AAR by @Eludio
Song of the Karlings: Karloman's Legacy by @LPDK 356

HOI4
A Royal Prerogative - A UK AAR by @Le Jones

An honorable mention also goes to Bullfilter again for Poles Apart, but I don't think I can give two votes for the same author. Add +1 if I can, but I just didn't have time to do all the reading I'd like this time around. I wish all the writers and readers the best!

EDIT: Been told I can, so +1 for Poles Apart!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
An honorable mention also goes to Bullfilter again for Poles Apart, but I don't think I can give two votes for the same author.
You absolutely can. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Seeing all these AARs posted I should probably really get back into reading haha. And writing for that matter :oops:.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I would like to thank @Nikolai for all his hard work in doing this every quarter.

Crusader Kings 2: (this is always my hardest as I have another twenty that I want to list)

The Dragons Realm by @streaker77
Song of the Karlings by @LPDK 356
Louping All Over Aquitaine by @coz1
In the Shadow of the Ancients by @Tommy4ever
(Special mention to @iain_a_wilson and @Eurasia.)​

CK3:

Roman Resurgence & Iberian Tales by @Nikolai (@Nikolai, you may divvy up the vote as I am splitting the vote between two works by one wonderful writer.)​
The Lions of Olomouc by @Revan86
Born to Breed by @Peter Ebbesen
The Silician by @AtticusKrass
(@uhhhscizo, thank you for not starting until 1July. This lessens my crowded ballot. @Dunaden, I am sorry, but I ran out of space in both CK lines.)​

EU4:

The Nation of the Tagalogs by @Black Watch
A Tale as Old as Time by @ibicko
This is Where It Ends by @filcat
Italian Ambitions by @JerseyGiants88
Victoria 2:

Echoes of a New Tomorrow by @DensleyBlair
The Rise of Russia by @HistoryDude
Empire for Liberty by @volksmarschall
Old HoI (other):

King of Kings by @RustyHunter
The Butterfly Effect by @El Pip Thank you, sir. This is probably the greatest AAR in Paradox annals. Sixteen years of your life is quite a dedication. (I am a third of the way through and have learned so much OTL history.​
Talking Turkey by @Bullfilter
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne by @Wraith11B
HoI4:

Poles Apart by @Bullfilter
The Dawn is Near by @Khanconette
Savages of Utah @RustyHunter
Stellaris:

The Last Heroes by @Macavity116
Shattered Glass by @Von Acturus
This is now my official ballot. I would like to thank the unofficial co-writers: the commenters. Without the comments, many works would not be half as good. @El Pip has a commenter (unmerged) who gives about six different dates of his service and Pip calls him by the same number of nicknames.

@Nikolai, thank you again.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
The two extremes of being an AAR writer;
Honorable mentions
The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR got very close to a vote for posting 2 updates in one quarter.

The Butterfly Effect by @El Pip Thank you, sir. This is probably the greatest AAR in Paradox annals. Sixteen years of your life is quite a dedication. (I am a third of the way through and have learned so much OTL history.

A Herculean effort of update production is apparently still insufficient to entice a vote from the harsh claws of @roverS3 , yet there is the comforting balm of the kind (and entirely correct ;) ) words of @Midnite Duke . Whatever the result this has been a voting season of contrasts.
Z3wSg01.gif

• 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

A Herculean effort of update production is apparently still insufficient to entice a vote from the harsh claws of @roverS3 , yet there is the comforting balm of the kind (and entirely correct ;) ) words of @Midnite Duke . Whatever the result this has been a voting season of contrasts.
Z3wSg01.gif

How does it feel to be the AARland version of De Gaulle? Everyone has an opinion, or feels like they should. ;)

• 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A Herculean effort of update production is apparently still insufficient to entice a vote from the harsh claws of @roverS3
Maybe three updates in a Q3 will guarantee my vote. I say it's worth a shot... (don't let it be said I didn't try here...)
Joking aside, competition is fierce in the 'Other' category. I've voted for TBE many times already, and will be able to vote for it many more times into the future. I thought it would be a good idea to give votes to new works in the HOI3 sphere, and the two other votes went to works that are at their conclusion.

• 4Like
Reactions:
@Midnite Duke I am afraid that while flattered, I cannot accept two works as one.:( Your ck3 vote has five AARs in it, due to your double vote for me.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Z3wSg01.gif

Maybe three updates in a Q3 will guarantee my vote. I say it's worth a shot... (don't let it be said I didn't try here...)
Joking aside, competition is fierce in the 'Other' category. I've voted for TBE many times already, and will be able to vote for it many more times into the future. I thought it would be a good idea to give votes to new works in the HOI3 sphere, and the two other votes went to works that are at their conclusion.
Hah! I'll admit when I voted I did look at how often and recently we saw an update. Some longstanding works remain great, but only one update within the quarter...not enough when so many others are trying their best. That said, some things are an institution. Especially in the "other" category. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hah! I'll admit when I voted I did look at how often and recently we saw an update. Some longstanding works remain great, but only one update within the quarter...not enough when so many others are trying their best. That said, some things are an institution. Especially in the "other" category. ;)
It's why I try and keep to a regular update schedule, even if I have had to extend the period between those updates. Though I fully respect that for many life and circumstance can get in the way and as fun as the writing and interaction is, hobbies have to take a backseat sometime which I also empathize with. I'm hoping for the next quater to read a lot more AAR and catch up on so many good ones I've fallen behind on.

• 6Like
Reactions:
@Midnite Duke I am afraid that while flattered, I cannot accept two works as one.:( Your ck3 vote has five AARs in it, due to your double vote for me.
That is why that I am letting you decide which of your works gets the vote. It is unfair to us mere mortals that you can start/finish and start another within the same period. I think that I prefer Iberia, but give the vote to whichever helps you the most.

• 4Like
Reactions: