• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Lucifer
Oh wow thanks. It's kind of an honor to be nominated this early (AAR is only 1month-some old!)

You are more than welcome, @RossN. I have always loved your work. :)

I might add, however, that a few of the recent suggestions are works that started in July. Great as they might be (and I would echo the recommendation of Nikolai's Republic of Sol) they are not eligible for this particular nod as loop has proscribed it (must be within the first six months of this year.) I'm gearing up for October if we can go back to the pure quarterly nature of the ACAs. By then, many will be a sure victors! :D

End of the vote
And with those words this round of the ACAs is over! Thanks to all of those who took the time to vote this time around, even though it was once again a double-one rather than the standard single quarterly as usually and my presence may not have been the best. I hope that didn't cause too much annoyance, and if it did, I will ensure to do better next time! ;) Will make sure to compile the results as quickly as possible and get back to you once that is done.

Results
Announcing our Q1 & Q2 2017 ACA winners!

Starting by Europa Universalis IV, the latest title in what has been considered as the flagship series of Paradox Development Studio, a total of 13 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:

1st: Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR, by @JerseyGiants88 with 7 votes
2nd: North Sea Empire: A Knýtling AAR, by @ShinWalks with 6 votes
3rd: The Nutty Neapolitans: A Quest for Pizza and Power, by @Ykcin81 with 5 votes
4th: The Crown of Good King Wenceslaus -- Bohemia 1.20, by @fabiolundiense with 4 votes

Moving on to Crusader Kings II, a game which is known for the stories it has been providing us since launch, 15 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:

1st: The Rightful King, by @coz1 with 10 votes
2nd: Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14 with 7 votes
Joint 3rd: Res Gestae Gentis Lartiae - a Roman Restoration AAR, by @LudoOttavio and The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex, by @Asantahene with 5 votes each
4th: The Empire of Albion, by @TheButterflyComposer with 4 votes

The third category is the one of Victoria 2, of which the Victorian era context still inspires an active and thriving AAR community, as evidenced by the 16 different AARs which were nominated. The winners are the following:

1st: L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN with 7 votes
2nd: A VictoriAARn Education - Learning Victoria II with Sweden, by @stnylan with 6 votes
3rd: Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century, by @volksmarschall with 5 votes
Joint 4th: In the Footsteps of Alexander : A Divergences Macedonia AAR, by @TreizeV, The Greatest Germany: The Formation of the Pan-Germanic Union, 1836-1936, by @The B, The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Fallen Phoenix, by @zenphoenix and Forza Italia!, by @Jape with 3 votes each

Continuing on to Hearts of Iron IV, of which the World War setting attracted a lot of interest, with as many as 13 different AARs being nominated. The winners are the following:

1st: Hindsight 20/20: a Dutch narrative AAR, by @J_Master with 5 votes
Joint 2nd: Bastion of Democracy - A Belgium AAR, by @Tom D. and The Sun and the Lion: A Fascist Iran AAR, by @Henry v. Keiper with 4 votes each
3rd: The Jewel in the Crown - a Kaiserreich British Indian AAR, by @George_VI with 3 votes
Joint 4th: Kaiserreich - Swedish Dreams of Grandeur, by @Nikolai, Imperial Hearts (Pt. 4 Austrian Image Heavy Mega campaign), by @dragoon9105 and Lads on War - A UK HOI4 AAR, by @stanonwheels with 2 votes each

The next game is Stellaris, of which the science-fiction theme has inspired many stories during these two quarters, amongst which 13 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:

Joint 1st: The Thoughts of a (Hive) Mind, by @lifehole and Regere Imperio Populos: The Romans Bring the Gift of Peace to the Universe, by @Uriah with 6 votes each
2nd: Pax Humanitas, by @stnylan with 4 votes
Joint 3rd: Rome in the StAARs, by @General_BT and Even Better Hautevilles, by @hjarg with 3 votes each
Joint 4th: The Manifold Stampede: The Ones Who Would Roam Across the Galaxy - a Semi-Interactive/Democratic AAR, by @Yenzen, The First Century: A United Nations Stellaris AAR, by @cookfl and Deus Ex Anniona (Austrian Mega Campaign Part 5), by @dragoon9105 with 2 votes each

Finally the last category in the AARland Choice Awards for these quarters, the one aptly named Other covering all other Paradox Development Studio games, of which 16 different AARs from both Darkest Hour and Hearts of Iron III were nominated. The winners are the following:

Joint 1st: Empire of the Rising Sun - TRP AAR, by @Vlad_Dracul1989, AARchtung panzer!' II (WiF2), by @Lucifer and An Alternate World War II - "Realtime" – UK, @MacGowan with 3 votes each
Joint 2nd: Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3, Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter, “The Crown Atomic”: A Kaiserreich Cold War AAR (Canada and Entente), by @cookfl, "UK Motorway" a Blitzkrieg-Scenario AAR, by @markkur, Prosperity through Peace Alone: Germany After the Great War, 1933 –, by @MastahCheef117 and Black Tsar - Kaiserreich AAR, by
@Vlad_Dracul1989 with 2 votes each
Having all received one vote each, all other nominees ended up on a joint third place!

With that said, this round of the ACAs has been wrapped up. It has been a pleasure so far and I look forward to seeing you next time when it will be time for the AARland Choice Awards for Q3 2017. Thank you all for participating in this vote, it both allows to give some recognition to all the authors present on this board and to keep this general discussions section alive with activity. Furthermore I want to give my hearty congratulations to all AARs that were nominated!

- Loup, current host of the ACAs

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to all who voted!

And imagine I actually won a 4th place in HoI4.:eek: Wow, thanks!

My congratulations to all the authAARs of the nominated AARs, and thank you to all of you who voted for my AAR, it's really appreciated.

Congratulations to all winners and all nominated, and also a great thank you to all who voted and to @loup99 for organising this again! Now I have a healthy long list of good AARs to check out, should I have time!:)

Also, particular thanks to @Nuada Airgetlám for giving me my first ever vote in the ACAs!:D

Hearty congratulations to all the winners, the runners-up and of course to all the people who took the time to read and vote!

EDIT/ And of course also a big thanks to @loup99 for hosting the event!

Last edited:
A hearty thanks to @loup99 for being the host, and to all the voters and winners! This is a reminder that this is impossible without the dedication of a host, the dedication of the many writAARs, and all the readAARs and commentAARs. This is a community effort and we should be especially proud and thankful for all who participate and make this possible, I know over all these years I am in debt to the community here.

Although I must bring forth that the two votes for my Stellaris AAR are invalid, since the AAR began in July, therefore would be ineligible for Q1 & 2.

Although I must bring forth that the two votes for my Stellaris AAR are invalid, since the AAR began in July, therefore would be ineligible for Q1 & 2.
Oh, sorry for missing to check that. It has been fixed! Thought I had looked at all nominees, but apparently I forgot your AAR.

Very well done to all the AARs nominated and all the winners. It's awards like this keeps the energy going so thanks so much @loup99 foe organising.

Wow the CK2 section is stuffed! Wonder if we can keep that up (and dare I say, finish these by Christmas)?

Thanks to all who took part, this has been fun.