• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote

loup99

Godogost of Armorica
84 Badges
Jan 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
July is here, and so are the traditional ACAs!

After a slight delay due to being more busy than planned after the first quarter of the year, I ended up deciding it would be better to do the two quarters at once this time around again, rather than having two threads running at the same time or delaying Q2. As for the previous run, all voting will be centralised in this single thread.

Voting will start now and end in roughly one month (see the date below). All AARs updated between January 1st 2017 and June 30st 2017 (inclusive) are eligible for nominations. You may nominate up to four AARs for each of the following games:

Europa Universalis IV
Crusader Kings II
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Stellaris

and up to four additional games in the "other" category, which includes all other paradox development studio games not mentioned above. Kindly use the following format:

[Name of game/"other"]
1. AAR name, author, URL
2. AAR name, author, URL
3. AAR name, author, URL
4. AAR name, author, URL

If an URL has already been posted once, there is no need to put it up again.

The deadline for voting is August 6 at 8 PM (+1 GMT).

With that said, it is now time for the voting to begin!

- Loup, current host of the ACAs

A few previous rounds in case you are new to the ACAs and want to discover past quarters:
Q1 ACAs for 2015
The AARland Choice Awards: Q2 2015
The AARland Choice Awards: Q3 2015
The ACAs: Q1&2 2016
Q3 & Q4 ACAs for 2016

First of all, well on you for starting a new round, loup! This community thrives when members take initiative and this one has always been popular and one everyone enjoys. I think it a great place and chance to suggest other works to read, award or no. :)

My CK picks are pretty easy as I know what I love:

@Asantahene for The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex
@JabberJock14 for Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR
@RhaegarTelcontarTargaryen for The Last With Pagan Blood
@TheButterflyComposer for The Empire of Albion

There are many more and I apologize for not picking yours.

The other games are more complicated as I don't get the chance to read as much these days.

I may say for Stellaris these two (edited to add two more):

@lifehole for The Thoughts of a (Hive) Mind
@General_BT for Rome in the StAARs
@Peter Ebbesen for The Ebbesen Mandate
@stnylan for Pax Humanitas

As for the other games...I will need to give it a good look over.

EDIT - thank you to @Nikolai for reminding me of a couple of good ones...

Here is my current Vickie II vote:

@RossN for L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR
@stnylan for A VictoriAARn Education - Learning Victoria II with Sweden
@TreizeV for In the Footsteps of Alexander : A Divergences Macedonia AAR
@volksmarschall for Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century

I reserve the right to add or change my vote.:D

Thanks again for starting up another round and happy voting to all! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ain't that the truth... I had to skip over several worthy contestants.

Thank you very much @coz1 for mentioning me, and my AAR. When it comes from one of the best AAR authors, it is really flattering.
You are very welcome, Rhaegar. I have enjoyed your work immensely. Hopefully you too have some that you would wish to vote for. :D

I am slowly trying to fill out my ballot. One piece at a time. I am reminded of a Johnny Cash song. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks @Macke11 for the nomination

No problem, a good AAR deserves its nomination here.:)

Remember that this award is free for all AARlanders to vote in. I expect other authors to be happy if you vote for some AARs you find good. Though I should point out that, don't worry if you don't read a lot, one or two votes are better than none at all and none is always better than -1, if that makes sense.;) (In other words, don't feel forced to do it.)

Thanks to all of those who have voted so far in these first two weeks during which the ACAs for these two quarters have been running! :)

As there are roughly three weeks left for voting I hope we will get a lot more participation with many users nominating their favourite AARs and authors. Don't hesitate to spread the word in your signatures or as a little reminder in a comment to encourage voting. If you have input on how we can spread the word more widely, feel free to send it to me and I will see what I can do, my role is after all to ensure that everyone is aware about this!

Thanks for the nominations, @atwix, @stnylan, and @J_Master!
Don't forget to post your own ballot too if you have found AARs and authAARs of your liking! ;)

First of all, well on you for starting a new round, loup! This community thrives when members take initiative and this one has always been popular and one everyone enjoys. I think it a great place and chance to suggest other works to read, award or no. :)

My CK picks are pretty easy as I know what I love:

@Asantahene for The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex
@JabberJock14 for Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR
@RhaegarTelcontarTargaryen for The Last With Pagan Blood
@TheButterflyComposer for The Empire of Albion

There are many more and I apologize for not picking yours.

The other games are more complicated as I don't get the chance to read as much these days.

I may say for Stellaris these two (edited to add two more):

@lifehole for The Thoughts of a (Hive) Mind
@General_BT for Rome in the StAARs
@Peter Ebbesen for The Ebbesen Mandate
@stnylan for Pax Humanitas

As for the other games...I will need to give it a good look over.

EDIT - thank you to @Nikolai for reminding me of a couple of good ones...

Here is my current Vickie II vote:

@RossN for L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR
@stnylan for A VictoriAARn Education - Learning Victoria II with Sweden
@TreizeV for In the Footsteps of Alexander : A Divergences Macedonia AAR
@volksmarschall for Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century

I reserve the right to add or change my vote.:D

Thanks again for starting up another round and happy voting to all! :)

Thanks for the nomination.

As there are roughly three weeks left for voting I hope we will get a lot more participation with many users nominating their favourite AARs and authors. Don't hesitate to spread the word in your signatures or as a little reminder in a comment to encourage voting. If you have input on how we can spread the word more widely, feel free to send it to me and I will see what I can do, my role is after all to ensure that everyone is aware about this

Yeah...guys we need to point to this in our AARs because I certainly didn't know about it until scrawling through the forum and presumably there are quite a lot of others who don't know too, since none of us have lacked support in our actual writing for the past six months.

I'll have a think about who I want to nominate and put a little info post in my next update. Not sure whether others would prefer to put it in their signatures but more people need to be told about this one. It's a good way to find the best AARs of all games of the past few months in one place.

Yeah...guys we need to point to this in our AARs because I certainly didn't know about it until scrawling through the forum and presumably there are quite a lot of others who don't know too, since none of us have lacked support in our actual writing for the past six months.

I'll have a think about who I want to nominate and put a little info post in my next update. Not sure whether others would prefer to put it in their signatures but more people need to be told about this one. It's a good way to find the best AARs of all games of the past few months in one place.
I have personally been discussing with some authAARs, used my signature and opened threads in respective sub-forums. Next week I will try to include a mention in my comments and may get in touch with other writers too, depending on time. Hopefully that will spread the word even further than in the past editions, and help us in reaching new heights of participation. And yes, do not be afraid to promote it on your own initiatives too.

I just don't really like the idea that I'm de-facto asking my readers to vote for me.

I think maybe asking many readers to pick 4 games across titles a is a bit much? I know they don't *have* to fill everything out, but it seems stressing if you've only read like 4-5 AARs total in the last half year.

I just don't really like the idea that I'm de-facto asking my readers to vote for me.
You don't ask your readers to vote for you, you just ask them to vote. Who they vote for is totally up to them (although I agree it could look like that if you do it on your own thread).

BTW, thanks to everyone who has nominated me so far, really appreciated :)!