• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote
  • loup99

Godogost of Armorica
    84 Badges
    Jan 22, 2013
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    • Warlock 2: The Exiled
    • 500k Club
    • Pride of Nations
    • Stellaris
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
    • Crusader Kings Complete
    • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
    • Victoria 2
    • Arsenal of Democracy
    • Cities in Motion
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Darkest Hour
    • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
    • For The Glory
    • Hearts of Iron III
    • March of the Eagles
    • Rome Gold
    • Sengoku
    • Victoria 2: A House Divided
    • Victoria: Revolutions
    • Cities: Skylines
    April has begun, and with it the second quarter of the year. The YAYA’s have also just been concluded and I wish a happy Easter to all of those who celebrate it. With that said, I'm not bringing you any April Fools Joke today, as tempting as it may be, but rather another round of the traditional ACAs, this time for the first quarter of 2018. As has been the tradition for the latest years, all voting will once again remain centralised to this single thread, following the quarterly rhythm. I encourage that you post about the ACAs in your AARs and your signatures to spread the word and get a high participation.

Voting will start now and end in five weeks (see the date below). All AARs updated between January 1st 2018 and March 31st 2018 (inclusive) are eligible for nominations. You may nominate up to four AARs for each of the following games:

Europa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II
    Victoria II
    Hearts of Iron IV
    Stellaris

and up to four additional games in the "other" category, which includes all other Paradox Development Studio games not mentioned above. Kindly use the following format:

[Name of game/"other"]
    1. AAR name, author, URL
    2. AAR name, author, URL
    3. AAR name, author, URL
    4. AAR name, author, URL

If an URL has already been posted once, there is no need to put it up again.

The deadline for voting is May 6th at 8 PM (+1 GMT).

With that said, it is now time for the voting to begin!

- Loup, current host of the ACAs

End of the vote
  • It is now 8 PM on May 6th, so voting has ended. Thanks to all that participated, and to those who posted here but didn't or those didn't have the time I hope you will participate in the next quarter. You can look forward to the results of Q1 2018 at some point after this week.

Results
  • Announcing our Q1 2018 ACA winners!

Starting by Europa Universalis IV, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
    1st: Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR, by @JerseyGiants88 with 3 votes
    Joint 2nd: One Catholic and Apostolic Church ( Papal States with blob restriction), by @mackwolfe, Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu, by @stnylan and Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall with 2 votes each
    All other nominees received one vote each and thus ended up on a joint third place!

Moving on to Crusader Kings II, for which 12 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
    Joint 1st: The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex], by @coz1 and Road of Queens - CKII India AAR, by @Eurasia with 6 votes each
    Joint 2nd: Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14 and Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter with 4 votes each
    Joint 3rd: Imperial Blood: A CK2-Stellaris Megacampaign, by @Firespread, The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex, by @Asantahene and Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, by @tpmcinty with 3 votes each
    All other nominees in this category having received one vote, they share the joint fourth place!

The third category is that of Victoria 2, for which 8 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
    Joint 1st: L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN and Forza Italia!, by @Jape with 4 votes each
    Joint 2nd: Ominous Century - Absolutism in Iberia, by @99KingHigh, Baltic Lightning: a Grand Campaign AAR [Vic2 Branch], by @Centurial, Song Long Qi—An isolationist China AAR, by @Russiaruler and The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Rising Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign in New World Order, by @zenphoenix with 2 votes each
    Here too, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint third place!

Continuing on to Hearts of Iron IV, for which 9 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
    Joint 1st: The Sleeping Giant Awakens: A USA Kaiserreich AAR, by @History_Buff, Long Live the Permament Revolution! - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR., by @ThaHoward and The Ottoman Empire Strikes Back on Kaiserreich, by @Lord Kaiser with 2 votes each
    All other nominees in this category having received one vote, and thus they share the joint second place!

The next game is Stellaris, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
    1st: The History of the Sol Republic, by @Kautz with 4 votes
    2nd: The First Century: A United Nations Stellaris AAR, by @cookfl with 3 votes
    In this category as well, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint third place!

Finally the last category in the AARland Choice Awards for this quarter, the one aptly named Other covering all other Paradox Development Studio games, for which 12 AARs from Hearts of Iron II, Darkest Hour and Hearts of Iron III were nominated. The winners are the following:
    1st: Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter with 7 votes
    2nd: “Bitter Fruit” a TFH-AAR, by @markkur with 6 votes
    Joint 3rd: France: A Quick and Dirty HOI3 AAR – 1936 Start, by @Bullfilter, A new Hungary, 1936 AAR, by @Lautipus, Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3, Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, by @Wraith11B and Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44, by @El Pip with 5 votes each
    4th: Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday, by @AtlanticFriend with 3 votes

These results conclude this round of the ACAs. Thank you all for participating in this vote and my congratulations to all AARs that were nominated! Almost all nominees also won in their respective categories (except for those in the "Other" category), and I think everyone should be proud of their works.

I would have preferred to post this a lot earlier, to avoid the long delay in the AARs getting the recognition they deserve, but I hope to be quicker with the next round. On the other hand, these late results means that you won't have to wait long for the Q2 2018 vote to start, since I will be back already tomorrow with the dedicated thread. See you then! :)

- Loup, current host of the ACAs