• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No pressure, @loup99 - but inquiring minds wish to know (especially I think a new winner for CK. :D )

Get the results out when you can, surely. And thanks again for the work done here...every time!

Results
Announcing our Q1 2018 ACA winners!

Starting by Europa Universalis IV, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR, by @JerseyGiants88 with 3 votes
Joint 2nd: One Catholic and Apostolic Church ( Papal States with blob restriction), by @mackwolfe, Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu, by @stnylan and Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall with 2 votes each
All other nominees received one vote each and thus ended up on a joint third place!

Moving on to Crusader Kings II, for which 12 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex], by @coz1 and Road of Queens - CKII India AAR, by @Eurasia with 6 votes each
Joint 2nd: Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14 and Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter with 4 votes each
Joint 3rd: Imperial Blood: A CK2-Stellaris Megacampaign, by @Firespread, The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex, by @Asantahene and Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, by @tpmcinty with 3 votes each
All other nominees in this category having received one vote, they share the joint fourth place!

The third category is that of Victoria 2, for which 8 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN and Forza Italia!, by @Jape with 4 votes each
Joint 2nd: Ominous Century - Absolutism in Iberia, by @99KingHigh, Baltic Lightning: a Grand Campaign AAR [Vic2 Branch], by @Centurial, Song Long Qi—An isolationist China AAR, by @Russiaruler and The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Rising Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign in New World Order, by @zenphoenix with 2 votes each
Here too, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint third place!

Continuing on to Hearts of Iron IV, for which 9 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
Joint 1st: The Sleeping Giant Awakens: A USA Kaiserreich AAR, by @History_Buff, Long Live the Permament Revolution! - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR., by @ThaHoward and The Ottoman Empire Strikes Back on Kaiserreich, by @Lord Kaiser with 2 votes each
All other nominees in this category having received one vote, and thus they share the joint second place!

The next game is Stellaris, for which 11 different AARs were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: The History of the Sol Republic, by @Kautz with 4 votes
2nd: The First Century: A United Nations Stellaris AAR, by @cookfl with 3 votes
In this category as well, all other nominees received one vote each and therefore ended up on a joint third place!

Finally the last category in the AARland Choice Awards for this quarter, the one aptly named Other covering all other Paradox Development Studio games, for which 12 AARs from Hearts of Iron II, Darkest Hour and Hearts of Iron III were nominated. The winners are the following:
1st: Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter with 7 votes
2nd: “Bitter Fruit” a TFH-AAR, by @markkur with 6 votes
Joint 3rd: France: A Quick and Dirty HOI3 AAR – 1936 Start, by @Bullfilter, A new Hungary, 1936 AAR, by @Lautipus, Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3, Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, by @Wraith11B and Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44, by @El Pip with 5 votes each
4th: Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday, by @AtlanticFriend with 3 votes

These results conclude this round of the ACAs. Thank you all for participating in this vote and my congratulations to all AARs that were nominated! Almost all nominees also won in their respective categories (except for those in the "Other" category), and I think everyone should be proud of their works.

I would have preferred to post this a lot earlier, to avoid the long delay in the AARs getting the recognition they deserve, but I hope to be quicker with the next round. On the other hand, these late results means that you won't have to wait long for the Q2 2018 vote to start, since I will be back already tomorrow with the dedicated thread. See you then! :)

- Loup, current host of the ACAs

Thank you for your dedication keeping these going @loup99

Those are some good AARS. Congratulations to all the winners!

And thank you @loup99 for organizing these.

Hooray! Great job everyone!

Many thanks @loup99 for doing all the hard work and to everyone who took the to trouble vote. And of course to all the writers nominated. :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome to see the results and so many AARs suggested and rewarded! Boy - a lot of ties! :eek: I thought for sure that @Eurasia had CKII locked down on his own (and rightfully so) to give us a third winner in three quarters! Congrats to him and all of the winners. The diversity is great and I certainly thank all of those that voted for mine and all of the others!

And perfect that we get a new vote tomorrow as I suspect we shall see many new names and winners this next time. Vote, vote, vote! :D

Well done to all the writers who won and @loup99 for organising this

Thanks @loup99 for getting around to announcing the winners, just in time to start thinking about starting the Q2 awards!

Well done to all the winners, though obviously that doesn't apply to those who unfairly cheated their way to an undeserved victory over me ( :D ;) )

Well done to all the winners, though obviously that doesn't apply to those who unfairly cheated their way to an undeserved victory over me ( :D ;) )
:D haha that’s what happens when you take time out for a new Pipette! Priorities, my dear chap! :p

Thanks @loup99 for organising this quarter and congrats to the winners and all the nominees!

Thanks @loup99 for your organisation work! :)

Also congrats to all winners (and thank you for your nominations!)

Thank you @loup99 for your work and many well-earnt congratulations to all winners and nominees!:)