• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great to see some others look at this. However @Bullfilter - please note that our gracious host for these ACAs is @loup99 and not myself. I look forward to working with him to see if we can find the best way to move forward and find both initiatives thrive. :)

Great to see some others look at this. However @Bullfilter - please note that our gracious host for these ACAs is @loup99 and not myself. I look forward to working with him to see if we can find the best way to move forward and find both initiatives thrive. :)
Ah of course - I knew that too. :oops: Sorry @loup99, I abase myself. :) Original post edited.

Thank you for your consideration, @Bullfilter and @nuclearslurpee! I appreciate it! If this week hadn't been so crazy, I'd have already updated my AAR by now!

@Wraith11B Don´t worry mate, we will gladly read it (and enjoy the graphics) when you post it.
Sorry for not proposing your myself, but I started following your AAR too late, but as Bullfilter said, you will also have my vote in the Q2 for your the eagle, the wolf and the sun: History of the pact of steel :)
I would also like to thank @Bullfilter for nominating and pointing out others to check it out before it becomes history, but mostly for following my AAR and the same goes for @stnylan (who is probably the fastest commentatAAR) :D
your support means a lot guys! :)
p.s.
sorry for spamming in Q1 ACAs :p

Europa Universalis IV
1. Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88 There is only one EUIV AAR I read, and it's brilliant...

Crusader Kings II
1. Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia A great tale of a Greek, Buddhist dynasty carving out an empire in India...
2. Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga by @Bullfilter I don't play CKII, but if I were to start doing so, I'd probably start here, with this educative AAR that also has vikings...

Hearts of Iron IV
1. Liberté, Egalité, Revanche - A KR French Republic AAR by @TheNolanist A well-written story of a Vengeful and exiled France, which rallies to expel the Communist scum from it's homeland, oh, and to rid the world of syndicalism...
2. Bound by Honor: A Japanese AAR by @xSCAR45 Only just started, and already very promising... Will Japan conquer China in a few months? It all remains to be seen...
3. A Fools Luck - Imperial Russian Kaiserreich AAR. by @LTPugh For those who tire of WW2 tales about the Soviet Union, a WW2 tale about a Tsarist Russia

Other
1. Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B An AAR about all of the Axis Majors, thanks to three computers and a Wraith11B behind the keyboards. Also well written, and well illustrated, so three for three there.
2. Talking Turkey: Alternate History by @Bullfilter The exciting tale of a Comintern, but not Communist, Turkey. With lot's of classic movie references, and many fun characters.
3. Polish Victory, Polish Defeat - an AAR by @marxianTJ An original AAR about a Poland that doesn't pick a side, and somehow still remains standing between warring behemoths. Things have become critical, and Poland remains both standing and not standing until marxianTJ writes the next update...
4. “Bitter Fruit” a TFH-AAR by @markkur A somewhat united ANZAC tries to save the day in the face of Japanese agression, and little help from the USN. Everything is moving quickly and everyone is excited... Possibly the last, but certainly not the least fun AAR by the great markkur

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who voted for my AAR, and also those who voted, but not for my AAR. Thank you all for voting.;):)

@AtlanticFriend , glad to know you're reading my AAR. I've read a few pages of Crossfires, but it will take some time for me to catch up, you know, 127 pages and long updates...

Last edited:
Folks, I sincerely regret I cannot honestly now list beyond a few in HOI3

I now wish I had bowed-out last fall. because I cannot do any justice to what these awards are all about...Fun & Creativity & Interaction & Support. Even with these few mentioned, each of these writers know, I am struggling now. Swansong is unfortunately quite accurate.

My apologies and regrets to sooo many writers across this Forum that I have followed and greatly enjoyed and several new Writaars that have started some great tales. Silence can be taken as some sort of vote but in this instance it is no choice at all.

OTHER {HoI3 unranked}

Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3
Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 by @El Pip.
A new Hungary, 1936 AAR (HoI3), by @Lautipus

Joy & Peace to each of you in your lives ahead.

Make it Great...while you can.;)

Last edited:
I would like to nominate :

CKII
The Matter of France, by @Remful, which can be read here.
The Legacy of Macbeth, the House of Moray, by @Mob_Cleaner, which can be read here.
Road of Queens, by @Eurasia, which can be read here.
Imperial Blood, by @Firespread, which can be read here.

There were others I would have included, but they already got the award in Q42017 :p

@crisrko @fabiolundiense Wow. Really appreciate the nominations, guys - I'll definitely be updating my AAR soon! Always glad to see people enjoying the story. :D
Don't hesitate to nominate AARs yourself, you still have until Sunday 6th at 8 PM (+1 GMT) to do so. :)

Ah of course - I knew that too. :oops: Sorry @loup99, I abase myself. :) Original post edited.
@coz1 deserves all the praise he can get for hosting the YAYA's anyway, so I do absolutely not take issue with this! ;)

Thank you @roverS3 for your endorsement!! I've just published the epilogue of my AAR, for those who follow it.

Soon I will cast my votes for this edition of the Q1 ACAs.

EDIT: As stated, here are my votes:

Crusader Kings 2:

- @Firespread 's Imperial Blood: A very enjoyable AAR narrating the story of house Av Sverdklydige, starting from the year 867 AD and now going on through the XIIth century. A most recommendable reading.

- @abian363 's Heir of the Legions: Based on the mod When the World Stopped Making Sense, it tells the rise of the last free Romans of Hispania, the inhabitants of Legio led by the Agricolus dynasty, aiming to restore the old Roman order in the West. A decent narrative with very illustrative pics in a rather original context - the end of the Late Ancient world and the beginning o the Middle Age.

Hearts of Iron IV:

- @George_VI 's Advance Britannia!: A rather fantastic AAR based on the Kaiserreich mod, following the events that determined the fate of the British Isles - and the world from 1936 to recent times. One of my personal favourite AARs, which I strongly recommend.

Last edited:
CK II

The Heavy Crown by @coz1
The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex by @Asantahene
Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty
Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia

This was tough. There were at least three more I want to include but are forced to leave out due to space.

My ballot won't be quite as filled as usual this time (in EU IV in particular, whereas HoI IV and Stellaris remains largely unfamiliar ground since previously), even though I'd really like to acknowledge more great writers. I simply have not had much time for AARs, but hopefully these ones can brighten someone's day. Well done on another quarter of quality writing, AARland!:)

CK2:

Road of Queens - CKII India AAR, by @Eurasia
Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, by @Bullfilter
The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex], by @coz1
Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR, by @JabberJock14

EU4:

Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings, by @volksmarschall
Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu, by @stnylan

Victoria 2:

Forza Italia!, by @Jape
L'Empereur est mort: A French AAR, by @RossN
The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Fallen Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign in New World Order, by @zenphoenix
Atlasii Steel and Blood, by @TheCreator901

Other (HoI3):

Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, by @Bullfilter
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, by @roverS3
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, by @Wraith11B
Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44, by @El Pip

End of the vote
It is now 8 PM on May 6th, so voting has ended. Thanks to all that participated, and to those who posted here but didn't or those didn't have the time I hope you will participate in the next quarter. You can look forward to the results of Q1 2018 at some point after this week.

@AtlanticFriend , glad to know you're reading my AAR. I've read a few pages of Crossfires, but it will take some time for me to catch up, you know, 127 pages and long updates...

Mass inveigling (aka Peter-Jacksoning it) is my modus operandi. If I drown you under reams and reams of pages (and make you wait for it), you readers will probably decide I am a great writer on par with GRR Martin !

Mass inveigling (aka Peter-Jacksoning it) is my modus operandi. If I drown you under reams and reams of pages (and make you wait for it), you readers will probably decide I am a great writer on par with GRR Martin !
It is the proven technique of all incredibly talented and skilled writers.
IndeedSir.gif

I might have missed it, have the results been posted and the winners celebrated?

If we are still waiting then are there any votes by PM or is it all in this thread? If it's just this thread I'd be happy to do the counting and post the results.

I might have missed it, have the results been posted and the winners celebrated?

If we are still waiting then are there any votes by PM or is it all in this thread? If it's just this thread I'd be happy to do the counting and post the results.
Second the motion. I don’t believe there has been an announcement yet. Maybe there were too few votes and it is being held over until the 2nd quarter?

As the host I can guarantee you there will be results for this round too.