• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, you can, if you switch from monarchy to republic or vice versa (which you can do since there's a decision to become a Merchant Republic)

Or switch between Administrative and Noble Republic.

Also about free leaders, as far as I remember you get additional +1 for being Emperor and another +1 for being Curia Controller. (Unless something has changed) (So it is possible that you could have +7 free leaders without upkeep. 2 from ideas (Inno+Aristo) + 2 from buildings + 1 from NI + 1 Curia + 1 Emperor)

I've always considered the HRE a permanent bonus once obtained :rolleyes: It's not like the player will lose it in most circumstances! Claims too for that matter: in most situations once they're lost you can just reclaim then.
I'll add it, You're right, it's quite often semi-permanent.
Actually, you can, if you switch from monarchy to republic or vice versa (which you can do since there's a decision to become a Merchant Republic)
Wow, You're right, just run a quick test. I'll change it.
Also about free leaders, as far as I remember you get additional +1 for being Emperor and another +1 for being Curia Controller. (Unless something has changed)
These bonuses are not permanent. For emperor it's just having bad luck (no heir, fe), and curia is entirely random.

Land Attrition: -95% as Kongo or Horde (with horde ideas, not gov type), defensive ideas and quality+exploration and humanist+defensive ideas

You forgot Quantity ideas for a further -10%. Also Arabian or Siberian gives -15% which is also enough for -100%. Also chickasaw w/ the native american bonuses can get a base -30% bonus for the maximum possible of -115% (not useful but lets you ignore another bonus), and any native can get -100%.

The game will display you as taking negative attrition (i.e. gaining forces from attrition) but it acts as 0% attrition everywhere. This means you can in fact completely ignore supply limits and theoretically instant-wipe 100k Prussian/French stacks if you mustered 1M troops together thanks to the instant wipe at 10:1 odds rule. I'm sure someone will have fun completely destroying France without losing a single soldier.

Advisors cost: - 98%, as colonial nation, with innovative ideas, influence+innovative, innovative+dip and innovative+plutocratic policies trading with tea.

Pueblo can do better with -50% from the Native American building and -25% from their ideas which beats -33% from being a CN. Not sure if it stacks beyond 99/100% though so the point may be moot.

Morale of armies: +90%, as Shiite France or Brandenburg, with defensive and plutocratic ideas, quality+religious and religious+quantity plicies, and noble republic, dictatorship, merchant republic with aristocrats faction or revolutionary republic governments being a defender of the faith.

Unreformed Native Americans with their generic ideas get +15%, with a further +30% for being in a federation and +10% for their native military ideas. Theoretical maximum for an unreformed Native American who becomes Shiite and gets the ideas/policies is +115% I believe.

Land maintenance modifier: -95% as Scotland, with defensive, economic and quantity ideas, and administrative+quantity policy and grain depot with merchan republic government with aristocratic faction trading with salt.

Native Council government type gives -50% which will easily push you over the edge to -100%. I believe it caps out at -99% but that's still 5x better than -95%.

Building cost: -70% As Hindu (with Ganga as PD) Portugal, with economic ideas, aristocratic+expansion policy.

Pueblo w/ native bonuses can get -85%.

Probably one or two other minor bonuses I missed where Native Americans can exceed normal limits.

Recommendation: Someone play a Native American game that stays unreformed, gets -100% land maintenance cost and -100% land attrition, then doomstack to (nearly) infinity. Pueblo might be a good choice since they should be able to ride +3 advisors ASAP (you need tech for policies and ideas), but Cherokee could also be a good choice.

Last edited:
How does this one work? Will the whole world fell in love with me if I annex Russia?

Ryukyu can get -105% AE? I think I've figured out how to do the three mountains (even if they probably did put in a minimum amount of AE you can take).
Tested this and it seems that its basically capped at 90%. Any AE reduction over that won't do anything.

I'll add it, You're right, it's quite often semi-permanent.

Wow, You're right, just run a quick test. I'll change it.
These bonuses are not permanent. For emperor it's just having bad luck (no heir, fe), and curia is entirely random.

You could always add the more temporary modifiers in brackets or something like that.

what you have done here is incredibly impressive and wonderful.

See if you can get away with putting this into the wiki in a link such that everyone can easily refer to this.

Secondarily, Paradox should turn some of these into achievements.

How nice of you to do this, thank you!

About the land maintenance: the wiki says that it adds 2.5% per level of military tech. Since all modifiers (even plus war taxes, advisor and trading in Salt) only take you down - 150% this would mean that the units will still cost you 30% instead of 1% (or wherever it caps) at Tech 32.
Also force limits are a problem because that also adds to the maintenance (times 2 if you double your limit and so on).

So is there any way to get the native doomstack to work?

Edit: a way to reduce these costs could be to lower regiment cost. This only works multiplicative with land maintenance but it's something.

About the land maintenance: the wiki says that it adds 2.5% per level of military tech. Since all modifiers (even plus war taxes, advisor and trading in Salt) only take you down - 150% this would mean that the units will still cost you 30% instead of 1% (or wherever it caps) at Tech 32.
Also force limits are a problem because that also adds to the maintenance (times 2 if you double your limit and so on).

So is there any way to get the native doomstack to work?

Edit: a way to reduce these costs could be to lower regiment cost. This only works multiplicative with land maintenance but it's something.

Yes, Mil tech increase land maintenance, but it is applied AFTER calculating land maintenance. So if you reduce by 80% maintenance cost, and have mil tech 10, it will be 20%*125%=25% of the original maintenace cost it would cost you. If you would have -50% maintenance cost on tech 10 it would mean you would get 60% (125%*(-50%)) maintenance cost in return.

Eh, most of them are just tedious and not difficult in particular...besides, stacking bonuses should be a means to an end, not an end itself.

True, the thing is, as it's current state this is interesting to read, I couldn't care less about it in-game.

Orthodox Ottoman HRE is an exception.

Er, is it +3 or +2 for spain? EU4wiki says Spain has only +2, which is on par with Breton, Knights, Ireland and Italy.

it's 3. I've playing a spain game right now. and I double checked the wiki. it says three.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/National_ideas#Spain_.2F_Castile

Combine that with their high tax provinces and it's easy to get a a lot of cardinals so you can blast up your mercantilism at hyper speed using that papal influence which will help you get the most out of those trade companies and colonies and that control of Sevilla node.