• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crispin

Major
43 Badges
Apr 12, 2007
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Knights of Honor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I'm playing as Japan in the 1942 scenario, and I've made China my puppet. I got a few china divisions when they surrendered which had low manpower. But they never reinforce them, not even two years later. I loaded up as China to see what was going on but I see no issues except the fact that the ai simply chooses not to.

I don't think I've had that issue before. Anyone else ?

The slider is two points from being the furthest left, and it seems they have full mobilization, since further extend mobilization is the decision that is highlighted.

Also the Soviets won't build any more units, they got most of the ic on upgrade. Seemed a bit odd.

Last edited:
The slider is two points from being the furthest left
Ok, so that's not the reason.

What about IC-distribution or rather a lack of IC? Is there a valid reason why China can't or is not spending IC on reinforcing? Because it needs those IC desperately elsewhere? Consumer goods, production, supplies?

They should have plenty of IC to use on reinforcement, but they simply don't for some reason. I bit of a bit more than I could chew because I was counting on those roughly 40 (1)strength divisions. But it certainly made things more interesting and for a much longer game.

They just spent the surplus on mostly supplies and upgrades while 142 is needed for reinforcements. Is there a threshold for hoarding supplies before spending it on reinforcements?

Also is there a way to see what the AI for a specific nation is set to build in the 1942 scenario? Because the Soviets just won't build anymore, which is good for me because I'm struggling massively but it doesn't feel as satisfying.

Last edited:
I'm playing as Japan in the 1942 scenario, and I've made China my puppet. I got a few china divisions when they surrendered which had low manpower. But they never reinforce them, not even two years later. I loaded up as China to see what was going on but I see no issues except the fact that the ai simply chooses not to.

I don't think I've had that issue before. Anyone else ?
It may be a long shot, but I think there is a problem in AI settings. If you released China-Nankin puppet (U87 tag), then you should go to Mods/DH Full/ai/U87_1936.ai and change reinforcement = 0.0 to reinforcement = 1.0. Most probably it will work only in new games, so you should look in your save file for part about your puppet and change its AI settings in similar way.

Reactions:
Yeah it was set to 0.0 reinforcement in that file - but a lot of the ai files is set to 0.0. Does that mean they will never ever spend any ic on reinforcements?

Much appreciated. I finally found the reinforcement for u87 in the savegame and it is indeed set at 0.0 while others seems to generally not be set at 0. I'm very excited to see if this changes anything. Hell yeah it did work!!!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Much appreciated. I finally found the reinforcement for u87 in the savegame and it is indeed set at 0.0 while others seems to generally not be set at 0. I'm very excited to see if this changes anything. Hell yeah it did work!!!
Good to hear that. I think it's connected with DH mobilization system, in which countries shouldn't reinforce divisions at peace, before mobilization. However, there should be switch for AI (if there isn't any) forcing it to reinforce it's units.

Reactions:
Do you know if it's possible to modify and or see what the soviet ai is supposed to produce? Because they haven't built anything new in about two years, or maybe from the start(1942).