- Mar 24, 2011
A Republic of Etruria AAR
Greetings, and welcome to PUBLICA INFERIOR - my very first attempt at an AAR. Being a novice, I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys (positive or negative!) to help me improve my writing and my narrative style. Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions you might have.
This AAR will be based on the following elements:
COUNTRY: Republic of Etruria
MOD: Magna Terra
START DATE: 1 January 445/309 BC
NARRATIVE STYLE: History book (at least to begin with)
Some other points I'd like to mention:
- Everything I write is based directly on events that occur in the game. I won't be making anything up. I'm simply going to try to add a bit of dramatic flair to events that take place during the game.
- I won't cheat or reload. Everything that happens is in an actual chain of events.
- This AAR will mostly be written in hindsight (several years at least).
- I've got a lot of screenshots so expect it to be quite graphics-heavy.
- My aim is to avoid simply becoming a 'slightly different Rome' (i.e. conquering all of Italy and expanding as the Romans did historically). My vague ambition is for a regionally powerful north Italian/Gallic state that might eventually rival whoever dominates the south of Italy. This way my Republic of Etruria will hopefully have its own identity and not follow the traditional pattern of 'S.Q.P.R.' campaigns.
I hope you enjoy reading this AAR. Please feel free to post and thoughts or feedback you might have, I'd really appreciate it!