• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RustyWalker

Private
19 Badges
Jul 2, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Vikings
  • Sengoku
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
In anticipation of the Green update, I've been playing a new prison to refamiliarise myself with the main game and DLCs released so far.

As much as I enjoyed the addition of Psych Ward, I found that the luxuries need was breaking the game. I don't see how inmates are able to earn money, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen them use the shop, even if they had money when they were sent to the ward.

If I've missed how they earn money, please reply to that effect. If there's a way to position the shop so they have access, likewise.

In the short term, I'd just like to disable the need for luxuries for Psych Ward inmates if there's no way to satisfy it. In the long term, I'm not sure which route would work best:
Give them money for luxuries?
Allow them to receive luxuries through visitation?
Allow them access to craft-based earnings for things they create in a new therapy session? The easel's already in the game, for instance, but there are other crafts you might expect Psych Ward inmates to have access to.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
In anticipation of the Green update, I've been playing a new prison to refamiliarise myself with the main game and DLCs released so far.

As much as I enjoyed the addition of Psych Ward, I found that the luxuries need was breaking the game. I don't see how inmates are able to earn money, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen them use the shop, even if they had money when they were sent to the ward.

If I've missed how they earn money, please reply to that effect. If there's a way to position the shop so they have access, likewise.

In the short term, I'd just like to disable the need for luxuries for Psych Ward inmates if there's no way to satisfy it. In the long term, I'm not sure which route would work best:
Give them money for luxuries?
Allow them to receive luxuries through visitation?
Allow them access to craft-based earnings for things they create in a new therapy session? The easel's already in the game, for instance, but there are other crafts you might expect Psych Ward inmates to have access to.
Well, what do you know? There is an object called the "Birdcage" that fills the luxury need and helps with the Transfer stuff. I have no idea when it was added because I've never seen it with Smart Filtering on.