• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings Chirpies!

Let me take a moment and update you on the status of things, what's going on behind the scenes and what to expect the coming time.

Bugs and issues

This has been an incredibly smooth launch, not only with sales and pickup but also technically. That doesn't mean there aren't problems at hand! We have identified a couple of core issues users are experiencing and are working on solving them ASAP. Please note that we do not promise all these issues will be fixed in the first patch, even though this is our GOAL.

These are the widest, most pressing problems. This is by no means our complete list of bugs/issues, it's simply the ones that are most widespread and important to fix. Please appreciate that we are a small team and need to prioritize, even though we of course aim to fix the smaller bugs too. CO and PDX QA closely monitor our bug forums. If you have posted in there your issue has been noted, even if there's no official response in your thread.

• Black screen on start-up
  • Grey Load/New Game button
  • Save issues (corrupted saves, saves not saving, cloud not working properly)
  • Poor performance on high end computers (mostly Linux)

If you're experiencing any of these, please check the Release FAQ Known Issues list, as there are several workarounds posted there. If nothing works either wait for our first patch or contact support.

We're also keeping a close eye on discussions on gameplay related issues. Specifically...

• Commercial demand possibly being "killed" by parks and rec.
  • Potential traffic AI issues/improvements
  • Cause/effect for workers getting to their jobs

If there are bugs causing these issues, we will of course strive to fix them. In case they are design decisions from CO that the players disagree with; we monitor the discussion and take the feedback into consideration going forward. We understand there's a lot of passion for this game and many of you want to see it grow in the best possible direction - your feedback is highly appreciated - but this does not mean we will "blindly" do everything people ask for. CO are very collected, down to earth developers. Do not expect knee-jerk balance/gameplay changes due to active feedback on a specific topic.

Bugfixing / issues patch ETA

As there have been no extremely pressing issues that need instant hotfixing (as in affecting a majority of players) we have chosen to take our time with the first patch to ensure it doesn't break more than it fixes (so proper QA time). There's currently no ETA for this patch, I will most likely get that today, but you should expect it in a not distant future.

CO are currently fully focusing on solving the core technical issues before we switch to working on the first major content update.

Moo's mod collections (Workshop) now live!

I've started my semi-official curated mod lists on the workshop. They are currently bare bones in content but will be updated pretty much daily. If you want custom content for the game but have no wish to sift through the endless pages of workshop that are already there, please consider subscribing.

Moo's Collection: I Want It All
For users who want as much as possible (still all high quality stuff) when it comes to custom assets. Please ensure you have at least 4gb+ RAM free for the game and generous amounts of HDD space.

Moo's Collection: Mods & Functionality
This is the official mod collection for users that want gameplay/UI/experience altering mods.

Moo's Collection: Crème de la Crème
For players that only want the best, high quality, good looking assets and mods available in the workshop.

Subreddit is going STRONG
We passed 45,000 subscribers this weekend and are now ranked 850 globally on reddit, being the fastest growing non-default subreddit pretty much every day since launch.

Please consider joining this community for an easily digestable news-feed and updates on the goings-on of the other fans.

Other, misc, news / things

• We sold 500k+ copies!
  • We'll be looking for at least one support agent (paid position) from the Cities community this week - more info on this later
  • There are several competitions going on in the subreddit, check the top bar for more info and prizes!

Thank you so much, everyone, for helping us make this happen. You're awesome.

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Considering that this game has broken the Paradox sales record and even outsold their flagship game Europa Universalis IV, I have no doubt that Paradox and Colossal Order has taken notice. It look as though it has become a lucrative crown jewel in Paradox's game offerings. You can bet that Paradox will do everything to make this work for customers here if they want to this now valuable intellectual property of theirs to continue to be successful in future to come. They wouldn't be stupid to kill this golden goose.

I shudder to think what this game would be like after one year of updates.
It might end up being unrecognizable and even,more awesome. I can dream, can I? Keep up the good job, by the way.

Good. There's already an angry post on reddit scathing DPruetts complete spamming of the workshop. With his slightly remodeled assets taking up almost all top space. The sort function doesn't work so I feel that modders should probably post on reddit when they release good stuff, don't just post on workshop and expect it to found.

I love the "Even though mods might be available in the workshop, CO might be working on their own interpretations".
Means some of them will become official features instead of achievement breakers :)

I love you guys! Thanks for keeping us all informed and I am very impressed with the launch and subsequent notifications regarding issues. I can imagine some of them being rather difficult to overcome so best of luck to you!

Congratulations! you truly deserve it, it's a great job... I have been a fan and gamer of Cim/Cim2 since launch and seeing the level of commitment to the community is really something.
I'm really glad this (more mainstream) game is doing excellent. Keep up the good work.
Cheers!

Bought the game yesterday morning and didn't do much else all day except playing this game, that only happens once every 3-4 years. Yeah it has some bugs/issues, but I like it very much. Keep it up!