PSA! If you are having problems with crashes or missing features/content - please try disabling mods!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi all!

As usual when we release a major update for EU4 - outdated mods can cause some unexpected problems. We see quite a few reports of people's games crashing when selecting units, which so far seems to be caused by outdated mods 100% of the time.

So: if you experience unexpected behavior of any kind - please try disabling mods as a first step in solving the problem.

Thank you!

• 4Like
Reactions:
There seems to be a crash that can happen a bit into the game - probably triggered by an event somewhere else in the world. We'd appreciate if you could post bug reports on our bug report forum with logs and save games so we can investigate it further.

Reactions:
I can't even start the game! Error error.. bah
If you can't start the game even after disabling all mods, you should contact the tech support(e.g. in the tech support forum) and describe what exactly happens, which error message you get and if the same happens when you start eu4.exe directly.

• 2Like
Reactions:
all mods off. I can't continue/resume an old game or start a new one... it always appears a red triangle: "Lauching the game failed"
Try installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable corresponding to your system's architecture, that should fix the problem.

My game was working fine yesterday. I tried playing today and it kept crashing after the change of the month. I tried reloading multiple save files from the same campaign and it loads, plays for the rest of the month and promptly fails on the first of the next month. Any suggestions? I tried starting a new campaign and it was able to successfully get to the next month but i didnt continue further than that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mine is also crashing on the first of the month, I went back to older saves and it crashes on the next 1st, so I can't even make it back to the original crash date. Mods off. Reinstalled game, verified integrity, updated C++. What else?

My game was working fine yesterday. I tried playing today and it kept crashing after the change of the month. I tried reloading multiple save files from the same campaign and it loads, plays for the rest of the month and promptly fails on the first of the next month. Any suggestions? I tried starting a new campaign and it was able to successfully get to the next month but i didnt continue further than that.
Same issue for me, did you find a fix?

lBonjour, je charge Europa Universalis IV, mais impossible de jouer, j’ai comme indication qu’il semble que je ne sois pas connecté alors que je le suis effectivement, et comme indication
qu’il manque un mod, mais lequel ?

Hi all!

As usual when we release a major update for EU4 - outdated mods can cause some unexpected problems. We see quite a few reports of people's games crashing when selecting units, which so far seems to be caused by outdated mods 100% of the time.

So: if you experience unexpected behavior of any kind - please try disabling mods as a first step in solving the problem.

Thank you!
Just bought the game on steam and it won't launch i tried to launch as admin but error code VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file is missing i tryed every thing please help!!!!

Just bought the game on steam and it won't launch i tried to launch as admin but error code VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file is missing i tryed every thing please help!!!!
That means you don't have a new enough x64 version of the microsoft visual c++ redistributables. Please try to (re-)install them. You can get the latest version from this website or directly download the installer from this link. There is an arm version(ARM64), a 32bit version(x86) and a 64bit version(x64). Current eu4 versions only need the 64bit(x64) version.