PSA! EU4 v 1.10.1 and 1.11.4 will soon be unavailable through Steam!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you checked the checksums if they match of these unavailable patches?
I downloaded 1.11.4 with DepotDownloader and compared all the files with the version which I had downloaded while it is still available and I can confirm that the normal game files and the Linux executable are exactly the same(I didn't check DLCs and I don't have the windows/macOS version). But it is a little cumbersome to download, because you have to find out which manifest ID corresponds with the version(I think the only way is by looking at the date) and this has to be done for each depot separately("Europa Universalis IV Content", EU4 PC/MAC/LINUX, and each DLC).

Or does somebody know a way to download all the manifests which were current at a specific date?

Reactions:
So, I got "Downloading depot manifest...Got CDN auth token for steamcontent dot com result: Fail". Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm getting the 236851 depot, right?
I got that error message when I tried to download a manifest ID which belonged to a different depot. 236851 is the correct depot ID for "Europa Universalis IV Content". But you also need "EU4 PC" which has the depot ID 236852 (or the mac or linux version with their respective IDs)

Damn, this is infuriating. No matter the manifest or depot I try I keep getting this error.
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 236850 -depot 236852 -manifest 7930759782505917669 -username xxx -password xxx is what I'm trying to do.

Damn, this is infuriating. No matter the manifest or depot I try I keep getting this error.
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 236850 -depot 236852 -manifest 7930759782505917669 -username xxx -password xxx is what I'm trying to do.
weird. That command works for me. Did you use the current version of the depotdownloader(2.4.5)? Maybe the difference is that I have steam guard activated for my account and I initially did not use the "-password" option. Instead I used -remember-password and entered the password when the depotDownloader asked for it (and then entered the steam guard code which I got per email).

Reactions:
I don't manage to see the eu4 1.12 version in the steam beta, how do you fix this problem ?
1.12 has been removed from the betas list some time after 1.10 an 1.11 were removed. But you can use the information from this comment to access all eu4 versions which were ever released.

1.12 has been removed from the betas list some time after 1.10 an 1.11 were removed. But you can use the information from this comment to access all eu4 versions which were ever released.
I tried to do that, but couldn't even load Depotdownloader properly, as downloading simple things is probably my limit, though thank you & others for making the effort. I have gone back to playing Civ 5 & other games. At least they are playable & don't take back what I have bought & am enjoying, although Paradox games are superior. In the so called bad old days you just downlaoded a patch to play. Thanks Paradox for this.

I downloaded depotdownloader, but doesn't load on my pc, it appears a black screen on my pc when I try to launch the program, I dont' manage to understand the instructions which are present in that comment , Can you post a full guide about how to use the old versions of europa universalis ?

Last edited:
depotdownloader doesn't load on my pc, it appears a black screen on my pc.
How are you trying to load it? It is a command line tool which has to be called from the command prompt with the right parameters(the readme explains them and has examples) and its only output is text in that command line window.

Has anyone of the >100 the same problem playing ironman on EU IV 1.11.4? I cannot tick the greyed out box - random new world is possible - while it is possible in allmost all other versions except 1.04.x. Any suggestions? Steam is online btw.

Has anyone of the >100 the same problem playing ironman on EU IV 1.11.4? I cannot tick the greyed out box - random new world is possible - while it is possible in allmost all other versions except 1.04.x. Any suggestions? Steam is online btw.
I tried it and the checkbox worked for me. But I'm using Linux which might have an impact. What does the tooltip for the checkbox say why you can't activate it? Do you maybe have the wrong checksum? It should be "63fd" for version 1.11.4. You can see the checksum in the main menu(the one in the launcher doesn't count). And is steam running in the background? The game needs to talk to the steam client to use achievements.

I downloaded depotdownloader, but which is the code to download eu4 1.12 ?
I'm not sure if we can just share the manifest IDs, because steamdb needs a login to show them. You can find all the depots on https://steamdb.info/app/236850/depots/ . You need at least "Europa Universalis IV Content" (id 236851) and one of EU4 PC/MAC/LINUX (the windows version has depot ID 236852). And you need all your DLCs. If you click on the depot ID in the website which I linked you can see the details and there is a "Manifests" button on the left side. This lists the manifest IDs for the depot. Then you need to find the manifest which was current at the date your version came out (e.g. 18 Jun 2015 for 1.12.2). And with the manifest ID and the depot ID you can download that depot with the command:
Code:
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 236850 -depot <depot-id> -manifest <manifest-id> -username <steam-loginname> -remember-password
"<depot-id>", "<manifest-id>" and "<steam-loginname>" have to be replaced by their actual values. You can use "-password <password>" instead of "-remember-password" if you don't want the depotdownloader to remember your steam password. After downloading the various depots, you have to put the files from all the depots in the same folder(they match the folder structure from a normal eu4 install).

I tried it and the checkbox worked for me. But I'm using Linux which might have an impact. What does the tooltip for the checkbox say why you can't activate it? Do you maybe have the wrong checksum? It should be "63fd" for version 1.11.4. You can see the checksum in the main menu(the one in the launcher doesn't count). And is steam running in the background? The game needs to talk to the steam client to use achievements.
I have a checksum of 447b. So somehow I must have corrupted it. Bad luck. Stean is online.

Thank you. But 1.11.4 is no longer a beta-version. So how would a clean reinstall be of use? I have a (incomplete/corrupted) copy in a different folder.
sorry that was my bad. Somehow I forgot in which thread I'm in. You could get a clean copy with the help of DepotDownloader. Or you could compare file hashes with somebody who has a good copy to identify which file(s) are wrong and then acquire only these files.

sorry that was my bad. Somehow I forgot in which thread I'm in. You could get a clean copy with the help of DepotDownloader. Or you could compare file hashes with somebody who has a good copy to identify which file(s) are wrong and then acquire only these files.
I could only get the .exe files. Still have the "wrong" checksum. Another file is missing or corrupt. How to get the files via DepotDownloader?