PSA! EU4 v 1.10.1 and 1.11.4 will soon be unavailable through Steam!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hello guys!

Unfortunately we've reached so many beta branches on Steam that we need to remove some to make room for new ones. As such we determined that versions 1.10.1 and 1.11.4 are the next to disappear within a near future.

If you are among the <100 people playing these versions you can continue doing so by copying the game library (with the version in question active) from your Steam library to somewhere else on your hard drive. This should allow you to continue playing that version.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but sadly it's the path we need to take.

• 18Like
Reactions:
Thank you for informing us instead of removing the versions without notice. It's time for me to download these versions so that I can use them the next time someone asks if something is new or when something was added to the game.

Do these versions have the ability to show news in the launcher so that you could warn the users of these versions which don't frequent this forum?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the information. At least I have managed to save them, which is more than I can say for 1.8 & 1.92. I thought with Steam the days of not having to save multiple versions had gone, but seems I was wrong.

If only cities skylines even gave us the option of playing old versions, instead of just updating them whether you want them to do so or not.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hello guys!

Unfortunately we've reached so many beta branches on Steam that we need to remove some to make room for new ones. As such we determined that versions 1.10.1 and 1.11.4 are the next to disappear within a near future.

If you are among the <100 people playing these versions you can continue doing so by copying the game library (with the version in question active) from your Steam library to somewhere else on your hard drive. This should allow you to continue playing that version.

when is 1.5 beta?

Would you consider having a download link on the forums with EU versions that aren't available on steam anymore?

I really doubt they would ever do that because, well, how do you make sure that the only people able to download those versions are owners of EU IV (like the current rollback model)? And if you don't mind people that haven't bought EU IV getting access to older versions of the game then they would have to make the older versions some sort of freeware which I don't know the legality of.

Reactions:
Thanks for the information. At least I have managed to save them, which is more than I can say for 1.8 & 1.92. I thought with Steam the days of not having to save multiple versions had gone, but seems I was wrong.

If only cities skylines even gave us the option of playing old versions, instead of just updating them whether you want them to do so or not.

Yeah, it was a mistake to just remove them without warning and we apologize for that. Trying to be better going forward.

when is 1.5 beta?

Soon! We hope to be able to release it next week unless stuff goes wrong

Would you consider having a download link on the forums with EU versions that aren't available on steam anymore?

I'm afraid that's not possible I think :/

• 7Like
Reactions:
I really doubt they would ever do that because, well, how do you make sure that the only people able to download those versions are owners of EU IV (like the current rollback model)? And if you don't mind people that haven't bought EU IV getting access to older versions of the game then they would have to make the older versions some sort of freeware which I don't know the legality of.
Well, pretty much any game is already pretty easy to pirate, so it wouldn't really matter. They could easily put the older versions up somewhere if they really wanted to. I'm actually curious what reasons they have to not do so. I doubt there is huge demand for such a thing, I guess - but that would also mean low costs, as there would be few downloads. EU4 is also not a large game.

They could EASILY just have some way to check via Steam(like they do to provide forum access to bug reports and other areas), if they found it important.

I'm afraid that's not possible I think :/
Well that doesn't make sense. Of course Paradox could provide files to be downloaded. That's...basically what the internet is for.

I am! Thank you for letting me know!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello guys!

Thanks for the warning at least but it's sad that rolling back to patches before the fort system will no longer be possible :(

Stupid question, but what does 1.10 and 1.11 contain?

About the 1.11 (I dont remember 1.10):

1. Old Fort system. A lot of forts to siege, but no zone of control.
2. Old Dev system. One could not dev provinces. Fixed values for manpower, production and tax.
3. Old building system. One had to pay mana to build buildings, but there were many more buildings. There were no maximun number of buildings based on dev, but a province could have only one type of high tier buildings.

At least it is what I remember, maybe I am wrong about some detail. It was a very different game and it was already good. It can be interesting to play it to just see how the game changed.

LOL Im changing patch right now just to remember how it felt!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello guys!

Maybe I'm a little silly, but I think PDX should "jump" some patches when the time comes for removing older ones.

The last patches before big game changes should be preserved as a kind of "legacy" patches for those who might want to try a very different game.

And I think specifically about the 1.11.4 (the last one before the new fort system, the new building system and the new dev system) and the 1.17.1 (the last one before the new tech system with Institutions and the new accepted cultures system). The game is VERY different on those patches.

• 1Like
Reactions:
About the 1.11 (I dont remember 1.10):

1. Old Fort system. A lot of forts to siege, but no zone of control.
2. Old Dev system. One could not dev provinces. Fixed values for manpower, production and tax.
3. Old building system. One had to pay mana to build buildings, but there were many more buildings. There were no maximun number of buildings based on dev, but a province could have only one type of high tier buildings.

At least it is what I remember, maybe I am wrong about some detail. It was a very different game and it was already good. It can be interesting to play it to just see how the game changed.

LOL Im changing patch right now just to remember how it felt!
What is the earliest "playable" version, where it is fun to play but not complicated and annoying like 1.11?

Reactions:
What is the earliest "playable" version, where it is fun to play but not complicated and annoying like 1.11?

IMHO all versions are fun to play. I just played a couple of hours in 1.11.4 to remember. Yes it lacks a lot of features, for example we cant manage liberty desire with ease and allies call you to war every other year because there is no such a thing as favors. But it is still fun.

Indeed through the years I enjoyed all patches and DLCs but the last one (Leviathan). Even territory corruption or high cost of missionaries were not a problem to me at those times, since I dont care if the game gets a little harder or with slower expansion pace.

• 1Like
Reactions: