PSA: An update on the Loading Screen issue, some love and a seasonal greeting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Hey everyone! We're just now in the process of wrapping up this year in order to soon enjoy the holiday season with some (we dare hope you agree) well deserved rest with family and friends!

I thought I'd just give you a quick update on the Loading Screen issue before we leave! As it stands currently we have made great progress fixing the issue, HOWEVER, we will not be able to get a new, properly tested version out before the holidays. We of course wish we could but as it stands it's simply not possible. We are however aiming at getting this out the door ASAP as we return in the new year, well rested and ready bring some more 'Mech goodness!

We do hope you understand!

Potential Workaround:
In the meantime, while we cannot confirm that it will work for everyone and it's by no means a permanent solution we have gotten reports that if you're experiencing the issues badly, these mods might help and make it better! If you're having trouble with your game over the season it could be worth a shot though of course we hope not many of you will find it necessary!
https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/288
https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/321

On that note I just want to tell you all THANK YOU for a fantastic year of BATTLETECH! Bringing this game to you all and seeing the warm reception has been absolutely humbling and nothing short of great and we'll do everything in our power to make next year just as excellent or better!

From all of use here at Paradox and HBS we wish you the grandest of seasons and a happy new year!
See you then our dears <3

Have a fantastic holiday, all! Very well deserved!

Thank you for the update! I totally understand not being able to release a tested fix. It is better to wait.

Thank you HBS and PDX for 8 months of BATTLETECH joy!

Best wishes to all of you and your families!

FEuL4Rm.jpg

Much love for both mods :) BattletechPerformanceFix (the 2nd link) is now part of my complete daily diet :)

Merry Holidays to all the HBS Staff, Moderators, Modders and fellow players :)

@unclecid - that Urbie is GOLD!

Season's Greatings & TY to HBS for making 2018 a Battletech Year!

Unconvinced on what had a greater impact. Injecting these two or lowering graphics one notch.

Anyway, having a blast now. Start time reduced to some 75 seconds and load times improved as well.

Happy holidays and New year to you guys too you've made this my favourite game for better or for worse(new years resolution play less battletech). One question, if I use those mods as a stopgap measure for the loading time issues before the inevitable patch, will I be risking my save games?

Happy holidays and New year to you guys too you've made this my favourite game for better or for worse(new years resolution play less battletech). One question, if I use those mods as a stopgap measure for the loading time issues before the inevitable patch, will I be risking my save games?
No not at all. Perfectly safe for saves.

For now we'll use the loading screen as a moment of silence as we remember Decker and his sacrifice...

He's still living for me. (Living in the MedBay, but living. There's a bed reserved for him now any time I deploy, because inevitably he's eating a head shot, a torso loss, and maybe a knockdown.)

So, any word on update? Bought the game and still can't play. Not waiting more than 2 minutes since I am not sure if that will screw up my PC or not.

Would be nice since it's what a month after Christmas and I still haven't played the game.

So, any word on update? Bought the game and still can't play. Not waiting more than 2 minutes since I am not sure if that will screw up my PC or not.

Would be nice since it's what a month after Christmas and I still haven't played the game.

The team is busy working on an upcoming ptch that will fix some of the issues people are having. Thank you for your patience so far! :)

The team is busy working on an upcoming ptch that will fix some of the issues people are having. Thank you for your patience so far! :)

Normally I would be upset especially how long it's taking, but what good will that do? I will be patient and I hope it's well worth it. :) Thank you to let me know it's being worked on. Just a little shocked at how long it's taking, BUT at least I know you are not rushing the patch out this time and hopefully this means it will be a great patch.