• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blub29

Recruit
Sep 17, 2020
Hi. I'm on ps4 , version 10.02, and after the latest update, all my trees look like this. They seem to be in a very low resolution Any suggestions how to fix this ?
20200917_184810.jpg

Upvote 0
Same problem! Also on PS4. 140k city. This is a huge downgrade in graphics quality. Now the trees are showing their high-res textures only on realy close looks! I hope this one was not intentional!

To go more in-depth, Only the BOREAL and WINTER map themes had a "major" downgrade as the PS4 version's
10.02 update went live. So far, the TEMPERATE, EUROPEAN, and TROPICAL map themes had "minor" resolution
issues so take a look at all five screenshots I took from my Playstation 4. This is just to let all PS4 players know.

Boreal Map Theme.png European Themed.png Temperate Themed.png Tropical Map Theme.png Winter Map Theme.png

As of me posting this, I do not know if the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of Cities Skylines been affected by
having the in-game trees in low resolution. Let the developers know IMMEDIATELY so that they can look into it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
XP-2401
I will raise it with Paradox on Monday; note however that it is not possible to rush out hotfix patches on the console versions of games, as Sony and Microsoft insist on vetting every patch which can take a week or two.

Sorry for that new problem!

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. This bug/glitch just came out of nowhere as I last checked.
As me writing this, I have no info if the Xbox or Windows versions were affected.

Can everyone getting this please say what exact model of PS4 they have, and what OS version on it? Thanks!

Thanks!
Same problem! Also on PS4. 140k city. This is a huge downgrade in graphics quality. Now the trees are showing their high-res textures only on realy close looks! I hope this one was not intentional!
Yes! Mine has the same issue....it looks terrible. Can we please get a fix for this?!?
ASAP Please!
To go more in-depth, Only the BOREAL and WINTER map themes had a "major" downgrade as the PS4 version's
10.02 update went live. So far, the TEMPERATE, EUROPEAN, and TROPICAL map themes had "minor" resolution
issues so take a look at all five screenshots I took from my Playstation 4. This is just to let all PS4 players know.

View attachment 628368 View attachment 628370 View attachment 628371 View attachment 628372 View attachment 628376

As of me posting this, I do not know if the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of Cities Skylines been affected by
having the in-game trees in low resolution. Let the developers know IMMEDIATELY so that they can look into it.
Same problem for me. Current city is BOREAL theme and the trees look absolutely terrible. How long before we get another patch to fix this big downgrade in graphics quality?
Im having the same issues with horrible textures and trees. Hope they fix this asap.
Can we get the details of your PS4 and OS versions please?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry to keep you waiting. Mines is a Standard 500-GB Playstation 4
with its OS System Software currently at 7.55 version. My system is
referred to as "PS4-450!" Hope that's enough information for you.