• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MystiCosmo

Recruit
4 Badges
Mar 4, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Searched a little and couldn’t find a viable answer.

How do I upgrade my frontier outpost?

I can not seem to build starbases or upgrade an outpost. Am i missing something? In year 2367 and have been researching constantly since start.

I... don't think you can? That's something on PC. What do you mean by 'upgrade'? What do you want to upgrade it 'into'?

You don't upgrade frontier outposts on the Console Edition. You should be able to build defensive stations with constructors.

Weeeelllll for some reason i cant. I cant imagine i missed the tech at this point aince i have defense platforms and stations available in the ship customization. It wont let me build anything but outposts, mining and research when i click on a system.

If I remember right you need to select the constructor ship and then it should have option to build defensive structures. It's been while though since I last played old version which consoles got.

Weeeelllll for some reason i cant. I cant imagine i missed the tech at this point aince i have defense platforms and stations available in the ship customization. It wont let me build anything but outposts, mining and research when i click on a system.
You won't get an option to build defensive platforms when you just click on the system, you need to be in the system view and place it manually.

You can't. The console version is about a year and a half out of date with the PC version, and you can't upgrade frontier outposts on that build of the game.

Virtually none of the guides you'll read will be accurate for your version of the game, unless you read old info. Console version is based on 1.7, so you need to read information about that build of the game.

If console version is based on 1.7 then it seems like it should have its own wiki and forum (or at least subforum).
The huge changes in 2.0 and 2.2 make anything older barely recognizable as the same game.

In this case:
You don't upgrade frontier outposts on the Console Edition. You should be able to build defensive stations with constructors.
You won't get an option to build defensive platforms when you just click on the system, you need to be in the system view and place it manually.
is the answer. You need to zoom into the system and click exactly where you want the constructor to build the defense platform and you can build more than one per system. This was changed in 2.0 to defense structures being upgrades and addons to outposts.

If console version is based on 1.7 then it seems like it should have its own ... forum (or at least subforum).
And so it shall!