• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niku

Recruit
7 Badges
Apr 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Stellaris
I got a new PC with a 1080 and everything. When I wanted to play some Magicka 2 again I found out that I cannot use my PS4 controller anymore, since it apparently is not recognized by the game.

On my old computer I was able to play right away without any other programs running in the back (or at least I don't know about that). It used to be that with R1 I could switch between the spell groups, whereas I had 2 spells assigned for each button on the right side. So for example it was X for fire and lightning, and I could switch between those two with R1.

It even showed me a different style of the spells, instead of 4 spells per row it was my PS4 Overlay with said triggers. One spell was all colored, the active one, and the one I had to trigger was less colorful.

I tried different games as well - Rocket League works perfectly fine with my controller and I can even coordinate through the Controller-Menu thingy on the top right of steam and start the game via controller.

Upvote 0