• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Daniel13789

Recruit
Nov 4, 2015
Every time I try to link my account to play online. I get the message "Unable to communicate with the Paradox server." I cannot find any solution to this and my buddies are having the same issue. The game was made free for plus users. It'll be a shame if the online doesn't work for it.

Upvote 0
The co-op problem seems to have crept up after the update ><. It's also being investigated now.

The co-op problem is separate from the original problem in this thread.

We have a potential fix for it but it has to be tested before we release it.
In the meantime, a workaround should be to create one account for each player(Playstation plus not required) so that they are signed in to PlayStation Network.

Last edited:
Patch 1.09 which fixes the above mentioned issue, is now live.

Also tried to play today, me and 2 friends (2 in Brazil and 1 in US). We all had the same issue. Unable to connect to Paradox servers.

We tried to unlink psn accounts, and it didn't work.

What's happening?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also tried to play today, me and 2 friends (2 in Brazil and 1 in US). We all had the same issue. Unable to connect to Paradox servers.

We tried to unlink psn accounts, and it didn't work.

What's happening?
Did you try unlinking / linking via the accounts website or just via the game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you try unlinking / linking via the accounts website or just via the game?
I did it via the accounts website.

An intriguing fact is that I don't see Magicka 2 as one of my games on the website (https: // accounts. paradoxplaza. com/ games).
In fact there are no games there. I don't know if it's a bug.

It's been years since I played, and my data is on the cloud storage.

I did it via the accounts website.

An intriguing fact is that I don't see Magicka 2 as one of my games on the website (https: // accounts. paradoxplaza. com/ games).
In fact there are no games there. I don't know if it's a bug.

It's been years since I played, and my data is on the cloud storage.
You can only see steam games if you linked your steam account. PSN does not provide a way to check ownership in a way that would let you see the games on /games. The link is used simply to allow for easier login from the game. And it still does not work? I checked the psn link functionallity and had no issues. Finally, the unlink has nothing to do with PSN itself so if unlinking does not work it would mean there was some issue with the Paradox systems. Do you have a more exact time when you had this issue?

• 2Like
Reactions:
You can only see steam games if you linked your steam account. PSN does not provide a way to check ownership in a way that would let you see the games on /games. The link is used simply to allow for easier login from the game. And it still does not work? I checked the psn link functionallity and had no issues. Finally, the unlink has nothing to do with PSN itself so if unlinking does not work it would mean there was some issue with the Paradox systems. Do you have a more exact time when you had this issue?
I tried to connect on both PS4 and on the Paradox Acoount in th last days without sucess. On the PS4 it only says that can't connect to the servers. On the Paradox website when I try to link I receive this message: "Could not link to Psn. User: 3146443494732813115 in universe psn already has a connection"

I tried to connect on both PS4 and on the Paradox Acoount in th last days without sucess. On the PS4 it only says that can't connect to the servers. On the Paradox website when I try to link I receive this message: "Could not link to Psn. User: ******* in universe psn already has a connection"
That means there already is a link to some paradox account for that psn account. Do you have a different paradox account where you might have made a psn link already? Or if you accidentally made the link while somebody else was logged in in the game or logged in on the site. In any case, thats the issue and is easily solved if the other account is under your control (or if you know the person that might have been logged in when the link was made). If you have no idea, I would suggest contacting customer support and they should be able to help you further. oh and if you have no idea which other account might be linked and how it happened, I would also suggest changing your PSN password since it could mean somebody has access to your psn account (and used it to make a paradox account link)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've tried to connect at 8 p.m (GMT -03:00 [BRT: Brasilia Time])
My friend in US is located at GMT -05:00 zone

That means there already is a link to some paradox account for that psn account. Do you have a different paradox account where you might have made a psn link already? Or if you accidentally made the link while somebody else was logged in in the game or logged in on the site. In any case, thats the issue and is easily solved if the other account is under your control (or if you know the person that might have been logged in when the link was made). If you have no idea, I would suggest contacting customer support and they should be able to help you further. oh and if you have no idea which other account might be linked and how it happened, I would also suggest changing your PSN password since it could mean somebody has access to your psn account (and used it to make a paradox account link)
I understand what you're saying, but it's strange, since I already played the game many times in the past and it always worked just fine. And I'm the only one that uses my account. I've been using the same 02 e-mails for more than 10 years and neither of them were working to log in the website (I even tryed pressing the "lost password" and it said a confirmation was sent but I never received in neither e-mails). So I created another paradox account and got the error that I listed above.